2006 Nissan Maxima

8.1

Based on 572 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

My '04 maxima has been a great car

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "Good value"

Cons: "nothing that immmediately comes to mind"

"Good performance, excellent highway fuel economy while still having a good engine. Reasonably good low cost maintanenece, and after 10 years still has the look of a "muscle car." Very pleased with my second Maxima."

Lousy electronics

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "fuel economy"

"Fuel gauge stopped working at 57,000 miles and dealership, its under a 'add-on' warranty, is trying to find one. Thats been 3 weeks now. The electronics on the dash, i.e.., radio, A/C all work fine but… the MTE (miles to empty) feature, stopped working also, nice feature when its working, but it adds and subtracts miles as I go down the road Mileage is a flat 22 miles to gallon - hwy/city"

All Windows Tinted w/Sun Block Top of Window Shiel

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

"Not necessary"

Normal Japenese Car

By on Sunday, March 02, 2014

Cons: "little to no storage one 12v plug usable"

"Only got it because I had a gas guzzler before. So far problem after problem dollar after dollar spent. But gets me from a to b"

Solid car

By on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Pros: "plenty of power, good gas mileage, reliability"

Cons: "turning radius, unsupportive seats, OE tires r bad"

Family reunion in the Maxima

"I bought this vehicle new almost 8 years ago. I have not had any mechanical issues with this car. However at about 65000 miles a metallic noise started from underneath the vehicle mostly noticeable when trying to hold a speed between 40-50 mph. I've been told it's either the heat shield or the guts of the catalytic converter coming loose (which I was told is fairly common on these). I was told it's nothing to worry about but it is annoying never the less. Also, this vehicle is tricky when it comes to getting the right tire. The Goodyears that came with the car were total garbage. They only lasted 29000 miles (and that's with regular rotation) and they turned into rocks and made the ride rough and unpleasant. They also caused a shake in the steering wheel. I then tried Toyo Versados which were better but there was still a shake in the steering wheel. I had both sets of these tires balanced numerous times with no success in getting rid of the shaking steering wheel. Finally when the Toyos wore out at 65000 miles I purchased Michelin Primacy tires. This was the best purchase I could have made. Since I put these on, the car has no shake in the steering wheel and rides much nicer. If you own this car or are going to buy one I would definitely reccommend getting Michelin Primacy tires. They're not the cheapest option but you'll be glad you did once you feel the difference. This car has more than enough power. The handling is decent, but I would like it a little stiffer with less sway since it's classified as a 4 door sports car. Also, the turning radius on this car is ridiculous. Don't even try doing a uturn unless it's a very wide road. I don't know why they didn't make the radius tighter. The seats could definitely use more support on the sides. Sometimes around turns you can feel like your sliding around. The BOSE stereo system is well worth the money. Great sound. The HID headlights are also worth the money. Despite being a bigger, more powerful V6, the car gets decent gas mileage. On long straight highway trips I usually get 27 or 28 mpg. In town maybe 20 or 21 mpg. The bad part is premium fuel is recommended for best performance. I've used premium since the car was new so I couldn't tell you if using regular would have negative affects. Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with this car so far. Up to this point reliability has not been an issue at all. The car still has plenty of pep and other than routine maintenance I haven't put any money into it. While it's not perfect, I don't know any car that is. I would definitely recommend this car to family and friends."

Family reunion in the Maxima