2006 Nissan Maxima

8.1

Based on 572 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

Very poor mechanical design

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "Stable drive, good acceleration"

Cons: "Weak suspension, poor quality compared to Toyota"

"In just 85K miles I have replaced the front struts (leaking again), rear bearings and the underside has begun to rust through. The suspension is too weak for the weight of the car. Not user friendly for doing minor maintenance, like replacing headlight bulbs (got to remove front wheels and wheel arches to gain access). Overall poor quality compared to Toyota (should have purchased a Camry)."

Transmission Trouble - Don't buy this year!

By on Friday, June 13, 2014

Pros: "Looks nice, good gas mileage for size of car"

Cons: "Transmission is a piece of junk"

"Overall I was very pleased with this car until the transmission went out at around 100 thousand miles. This is now a known problem with this year, make & model. Class action suit ongoing against Nissan regarding this. The turn radius isn't great, tires are expensive to replace due to being low profile. Now it just looks pretty in my driveway since I can't drive it without replacing the transmission first."

Way to go Nissan, keep it up

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "reliability, exc gas mileage"

Cons: "36K 36 Mo warranty, parts can be pricey"

"bought in 2008, absolutely a pleasure to own & operate, NO problems, oil changes only. Much more refined than the 1995 Maxima it replaced, which was also excellent thru the 77K we owned it. Not as pretty as the latest model, but it'll do a couple more years as long as the reliability holds out. Recommend Maxima highly."

No major mechanical problems.

By on Friday, May 30, 2014

Pros: "Excellent mechanicals, engine great"

Cons: "Too much plastic that, with age, break"

"In the 10 years that I have had this car, there have been no major mechanical problems. There have been a series of small nagging problem, most cosmetic and due to Nissan's tendency to use plastic where metal should be used."

My Black on Black Nissan Max

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, navigation, power, mpg, Bose sound"

Cons: "N/A"

"After owning this car for almost six months (bought it December 2013), it has been the best vehicle I've ever owned. I did not care about the miles it had when I originally bought it (132,000 miles) because it was a one-owner vehicle by a woman who took tremendous care of it. The CarFax was excellent. One of the main reasons is because it's my first non-American car purchase. My previous ones were a 1992 Buick Park Avenue, 2000 Chevrolet Malibu LS, & 2001 Buick Regal LS (just blessed two youth girls with that one). Obviously, this is a tremendous upgrade. As mentioned, it is black on black interior & exterior with almost every feature you can think of (navigation system, 6-disc changer, aux input, park assist, heated steering wheel and leather seats, sport shift mode). The car has all the power I need giving me 255 of them thangs (horsepower). Gas mileage is decent at around 18 mpg city & clocking in 29 mpg highway max. I get excited driving this vehicle as there aren't many of them at that year on the road. The seats are comfortable. I have plenty of trunk space to load almost everything. The manual mode is a lot of fun. The suspension and handling is tight. Finally, this is the most reliable vehicle I've owned. I do have to fix my speedometer which stopped working recently, but that's not bad as it continues to run & run. Nissan did a tremendous job on this car. I will drive it till I can't no more."

its good

By on Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pros: "alot of power for 265 hp"

Cons: "MRSP $35,000 in 2003 Nissan Flagship Model"

"Firestone replaced all 4 tires warranty at 32000. Nissan replaced sky view glass and they never prepared new installation properly. Now roof rusting in corner's. Took car to Nissan 5/14/14 got run around from body shop personnel. Havve to talk to Manager but he is not here. Right!!Fuel pump went out 2012 $600.00 repair.Battery in 2010. no other problems really good car, but updated navigation costs $175.00 no way."

Sad to say goodbye

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Reason: Need to get a commuter car

Pros: "Great and fun to drive"

Cons: "Fancy so never wanted to let my kids in it."

"I was the original owner, and will forever be a fan of Nissian!"

For never owning a nissan, this car is great.

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

"Im really inpressed with this car. Would not be afraid to take it anywhere. It has more power then what I need. I would buy another maxima."

Sporty car

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "Fast, sporty, comfortable, reliable, controls"

Cons: "gas mileage, turning radius"

"had it since late 2007 its a '08 model with SE package but love the car on everything. I have it maintained at Nissan dealership all oil changes/scheduled maintenance on time. Drives effortless and gas mileage isn't great but not bad. 255hp engine is great in giving Max lots of smooth performance and its sporty on a bigger interior. I got Bluetooth, 6 Disc changer Bose sound, rear sonar system, sunroof, 17'' alloy factory wheels, halogen headlights, spoiler and heated seats. LUV the car its fun driving but wish wasn't discontinued without a 6 speed manual from 2007-08 models. I like how Nissan gave it more refreshed lines and made ground effects look better after the 2004-06 Maxima's had that bland styling but my car got sportier aerodynamics which are best."

NICE RIDE THRU 64K,FIT OF INTERIOR MOLDING VERY BA

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

"Had this car since new.Just asked for a trade-in and what they would give me for my 64k milage car.Was told right away ,you have a hole under the car on the passenger side floor board? I was told that is a common problem with ALL MAXIMA AND ALTIMA,S. I could not believe this.I just had the trans fluid changed at a Nissan dealer,service rep,said that's right COMMON FOR MAXIMA AND ALTIMA,S TO RUST THRU UNDER PASSENGER AND OR DRIVERS FLOOR BOARD,THEY EVEN HAVE A REPAIR=550.00 FOR EACH SIDE.I asked about a recall answer was no. I told this to a person at my work who has a 2008 max,checked it out,boyh sides have holes.Iam done with any NISSAN PRODUCTS,WILL FIX MINE AND SELL IT. SO BEWARE OF ANY FLOOR PANELS ON THESE CARS"

See if you qualify for