2006 Nissan Maxima

8.1

Based on 600 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

2004 Maxima SE

By on Tuesday, March 24, 2009

"This car has been a nightmare from about 4 months into ownership. Warped rotors @ 12k miles but the brake pads were fine. Confusing to me. I had the car brought in about 12 different times over a period of 3 years for the sunroof not closing properly. 20k miles, leaking cv boots and when the Nissan dealership was working on those they ruined my front axel when attempting to put it back on. They had to order a new one. brakes have only last me about 16k miles.....Just to give you an idea...I previously owned a Ford Mustang (should have never gotten rid of that car) I didn't need to replace the brakes until 78k miles. I'm always on the freeway. Now at 75k miles, I need a new timing chain, motor mounts and the transmission needs work. Not exactly sure if it needs a new transmission but I'm not going to pay to find out. All I want to do is drive this car off a cliff. I purchased this car after my daughter was born thinking that we'd spend a little more money and buy a good quality car that would last for many years. Boy, was I wrong. I will NEVER buy another Nissan and probably never another foriegn car. What an expensive misstake I made!"

WORST VEHICLE EVER!!!!

By on Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pros: "It had nice wheels? well kind of..."

Cons: "too many to list. in short, the whole car fails!"

"I have owned this car for 8 years and it has been nothing but problems! Replaced the transmission twice. Once, at 46k, the other time at 79k. The car now has 84k on it. The only reason ive kept the car as long as i have is because i coulnt even get what was owed on it if I sold it. Now Im just going to bite the bullet and cut my losses and get a different car. I will never again buy a nissan! The trans wasnt the only problem i had with it, the abs failed, the head gasket failed (after only 59k!) the a/c failed, plus a whole laundry list of other things!! THis car was a failure from the beginning!! DO NOT BUY NISSAN!!"

Higs and Lows

By on Saturday, September 10, 2011

Pros: "Gadgets, economy for its size, looks"

Cons: "ABS and strut reliability, lack of passenger lumbar"

"My 2004 has served me adequately, but not well. It's beautiful and has gadgets and gizmos galore. My wife loves the folding mirrors and heated steering wheel. We like the fact that the driver's seat memory includes mirror and steering wheel positions. Mechanically, we've been pleased with 30 MPG on long drives. What we didn't like was premature failure of struts and rear ABS system problems ($2000). We are still waiting for the transmission problems to surface, but are glad to wait."

I can drive for two days and not feel tired

By on Saturday, July 20, 2013

"It is the most comfortable car I have ever owned. After 84000 miles it looks as nice as when I bought it I keep it garaged. The seats are just starting to show a little ware from sliding in and out. But we take care of it and don't let our grand kids abuse it. It is like anything else it is how you treat it, I know people that could destroy an anvil."

For an import, I am impressed!

By on Monday, May 27, 2013

Pros: "Very sporty and fun to drive"

Cons: "The cost of some of the repairs!!! RIDICULOUS!!!!"

"First and foremost, I am a DIE HARD Mopar fan! I was born and raise with Dodge, Plymouth and Chrysler products and I will stick with them until the day I die! I came to own my Maxima because my wife at the time wanted a new car and that happen to be what she choose. And like I said, I am a Mopar man through and through, but I must say I am very impressed with this car! We bought it brand new with only 69 miles on it and I have never had to do any major work to it! About the only thing I STRONGLY dislike about this car is the cost for some of the repairs!!! Just to replace a headlight bulb (which I very quickly found out I couldn't do due to ridiculous process involved just to change it! So it had to go into the shop!) costs OVER $500!!!! I was flabbergasted!!!! But with all that aside I am honestly impressed and actually enjoy driving the car!"

Excellent

By on Tuesday, January 29, 2013

"50K No Mechanical Problems, Rides Drives great, Looking to buy another!. Headlight seals leaked after 3 years They would NOt make good on the warranty. Other than that excellent car"

Worst car I have EVER owned!!!

By on Monday, August 22, 2011

Pros: "It's pretty!"

Cons: "Everything else!"

"I had to replace the transmission when it was less than 80k. I found out this is a common problem in Maximas and they actually tried to recall the transmission, but Nissan declined... THIS IS ABSURD that this is a common problem. My car is a 2004... you should have to replace a transmission that soon. It cost $4500. The heater in my car doesn't blow hot air when it is idling... I have had to replace multiple sensors in the car, each costing $200-300. My car is now having transmission problems again, and I have been told it will cost another $4500... and it was replaced by a Nissan Dealership... I will never buy another Nissan again. I have dumped so much money in this car... I bought it thinking it would be a reliable car and it has put me in the whole financially. DO NOT BUY NISSAN!"

2005 Max SE

By on Monday, January 12, 2009

"Nice car, but I don't think I will purchase another. Moving up to the Infiniti G or M. This car has had constant front end issues and the dealership would not repair even under warranty. Too many squeaks and noises. They come from the hood, the pass door, and under the hood, as well as the front end each time you drive over a speed bump. The CD (Bose Sys) has been replaced under warranty and now is intermittant again. Good power but the tranny hesitates too much. Also something that drives me nuts on a premium car like this is the fact that all the controls do not light up at night, meaning you have to turn the interior lites on to see how to operate your accesories. Won't buy again, mostly because of dealer support and the freakin' squeaks!"

2006 Maxima owner

By on Thursday, December 11, 2008

"disappointed in the vehicle; expected better gas mileage, has electronic issues (power window) and had to replace battery at 18 months. Cosmetic flaws in front name plate. Leather seats showing signifcant wear after only 2 years being driven by mature woman with no children. Car is good looking and fast when fueled with premium gas. Likely not to buy another Nissan based on this experience."

Saved Our LIVES!!

By on Tuesday, August 28, 2007

"This car was by far the best car I have ever owned! It was roomy dependable and classy! Got great gas mileage and had alot of power. But most imoportant it saved my family's life! My husband, my two babies (2ys and 7m) and I were in a horrible rollover accident while driving this car. Just by looking at the car you would not expect there to be any survivors. But because of how well built the maxima was and having all 6 air bags deploy, with the help of seat belts and proper child seats, we all walked away without a broken bones or stiches! I thank God every day for sparing our lives and I know that if we were driving anything else our luck might not be so good."