2005 Nissan Maxima

8.1

Based on 595 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

2006 Maxima owner

By on Thursday, December 11, 2008

"disappointed in the vehicle; expected better gas mileage, has electronic issues (power window) and had to replace battery at 18 months. Cosmetic flaws in front name plate. Leather seats showing signifcant wear after only 2 years being driven by mature woman with no children. Car is good looking and fast when fueled with premium gas. Likely not to buy another Nissan based on this experience."

Saved Our LIVES!!

By on Tuesday, August 28, 2007

"This car was by far the best car I have ever owned! It was roomy dependable and classy! Got great gas mileage and had alot of power. But most imoportant it saved my family's life! My husband, my two babies (2ys and 7m) and I were in a horrible rollover accident while driving this car. Just by looking at the car you would not expect there to be any survivors. But because of how well built the maxima was and having all 6 air bags deploy, with the help of seat belts and proper child seats, we all walked away without a broken bones or stiches! I thank God every day for sparing our lives and I know that if we were driving anything else our luck might not be so good."

quality so so

By on Monday, April 20, 2015

Pros: "great features"

Cons: "cheapened the product tht it was known for"

"ha the timing chain noise and nissan dealer said it was worn out at 51000 miles . found out nissan has alitigation law siuit against premature timing chain wear because of plastic tensioners . the reason we bought the car was becuase it had atiming chain and not abelt . silly us."

Solid car

By on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Pros: "plenty of power, good gas mileage, reliability"

Cons: "turning radius, unsupportive seats, OE tires r bad"

Family reunion in the Maxima

"I bought this vehicle new almost 8 years ago. I have not had any mechanical issues with this car. However at about 65000 miles a metallic noise started from underneath the vehicle mostly noticeable when trying to hold a speed between 40-50 mph. I've been told it's either the heat shield or the guts of the catalytic converter coming loose (which I was told is fairly common on these). I was told it's nothing to worry about but it is annoying never the less. Also, this vehicle is tricky when it comes to getting the right tire. The Goodyears that came with the car were total garbage. They only lasted 29000 miles (and that's with regular rotation) and they turned into rocks and made the ride rough and unpleasant. They also caused a shake in the steering wheel. I then tried Toyo Versados which were better but there was still a shake in the steering wheel. I had both sets of these tires balanced numerous times with no success in getting rid of the shaking steering wheel. Finally when the Toyos wore out at 65000 miles I purchased Michelin Primacy tires. This was the best purchase I could have made. Since I put these on, the car has no shake in the steering wheel and rides much nicer. If you own this car or are going to buy one I would definitely reccommend getting Michelin Primacy tires. They're not the cheapest option but you'll be glad you did once you feel the difference. This car has more than enough power. The handling is decent, but I would like it a little stiffer with less sway since it's classified as a 4 door sports car. Also, the turning radius on this car is ridiculous. Don't even try doing a uturn unless it's a very wide road. I don't know why they didn't make the radius tighter. The seats could definitely use more support on the sides. Sometimes around turns you can feel like your sliding around. The BOSE stereo system is well worth the money. Great sound. The HID headlights are also worth the money. Despite being a bigger, more powerful V6, the car gets decent gas mileage. On long straight highway trips I usually get 27 or 28 mpg. In town maybe 20 or 21 mpg. The bad part is premium fuel is recommended for best performance. I've used premium since the car was new so I couldn't tell you if using regular would have negative affects. Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with this car so far. Up to this point reliability has not been an issue at all. The car still has plenty of pep and other than routine maintenance I haven't put any money into it. While it's not perfect, I don't know any car that is. I would definitely recommend this car to family and friends."

Family reunion in the Maxima

Excellent Car! Bought new & no regrets!

By on Wednesday, February 06, 2013

"In 8 years only once was it in the shop for repairs and that was to replace a steering sensor; under $300. Found Maxima to have a very comfortable ride. Have had so many compliments on the beauty of this car."