2005 Nissan Maxima

8.1

Based on 578 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

The worst car ever!!!

By on Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Pros: "comfy"

Cons: "faulty Tranmission"

"I bought this vehicle and the transmisso0n went out at under 100,000 miles! please dont buy this vehicle! There is many lawsuits against nissan for faulty tranmissions."

LOVE MY CAR!!!!

By on Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pros: "Looks, power, comfort"

Cons: "None that I can honestly think of"

"I own this car. I have not put anything into it except routine : brakes, new battery, fluid flushes. It drives wonderful, strong engine. It looks exceptional, I get a lot of compliments. I couldn't ask for a better vehicle."

Great Vehicle

By on Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Pros: "Very Reliable"

Cons: "Power outlet, gear shift, and cup holder too close"

"I love this vehicle. In the nearly five years since I purchased it, I have had minimal repairs. In fact, other than maintenance items, I have had only one repair; to the A/C in 2010...about $350.00. What I don't like is the fact that the front cup holders are so close to the lower dash, that it is difficult to avoid hitting your cup when shifting into drive...and it is difficult to plug in my phone or GPS while the gear shift is in park. I ended up purchasing a dual outlet with a very short plug."

I love this car!

By on Monday, October 15, 2012

Pros: "Great pickup and fun to drive."

Cons: "The turning radius."

"It has great pick up and speed, when pulling out on a road. My only complaint is the turning radius when pulling into a parking space. I was told it was because of the larger tires(?) Taking two attempts to swing into a parking space gets old real quick. The seats are comfortable and I enjoy the heated seats even in the summer. The heat is great for a sore back."

never buy a nissan again...stay with toyota

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pros: "looks good"

Cons: "it's a total money pit"

"the car looks good...tinted windows and wheels ( black on black) The car only has 65000 and it's a TOTAL MONEY PIT!!! Things break down constantly! It's 500.00 here and 800.00 the next! We have put THREE sets of tires on it, and are going to pick it up AGAIN today at the tune of 585.00! I've been with Toyota in the past and have NEVER NEVER had these kinds of problems! It has been properly serviced on time, and well taken care of. Oh, and the paint is faded so bad in spots along with some of the chrome on the roof, it almost looks sanded! NEVER AGAIN!!!"

Research the Maxima before you buy

By on Saturday, August 25, 2012

Pros: "Strong Engine thats all"

Cons: "Engine issues, transmission issues, issues, issues"

"I first got this car in 2010 at 69,000 miles and thats where the issues started. This car has been a money pit ever since that day, do your research on the Maxima, better yet Google Maxima Forumn and research there. Nissan is aware of the issues with the Maxima and we are not talking about small issues we are talking about automatic transmission lawsuit, timing chain guides that are made of cheap plastic, roof strips that peel off. The car is a tank and the fuel used is horrible, this was my first and last Nissan ever. I will never ever go back.."

atomobil nightmare

By on Saturday, August 25, 2012

Pros: "looks, comfert"

Cons: "everything els"

"ok but not ok for a nissin"

My Favorite Vehicle Ever!

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, great comfort, teriffic eye appeal"

Cons: "Needs premium fuel"

"I've driven top of the line Cadillacs, Pontiacs, Buicks & Oldsmobiles, but this is the best car yet. I have never had to take it in for warranty work & it has been a pleasure to drive. I cannot rave enough about this car."

Would buy another

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, great looking!"

Cons: "Pricey to fix, Loves Gas"

"I actually own two of these vehicles one SL and SE model. Both have been great. Obviously your going to have to maintenance on an older vehicle. Have replaced CV boot on one and both have had to have radiators replaced. The SE has had evaporator core replaced. All and all with the age on these vehicles have stood up very well. SE runs quick! SL has a luxury ride."

GREAT CAR

By on Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, good lookig car."

Cons: "Only con is the long drive train."

"I bought my Maxima when the new model came out in 04. The car is 9 years old and no one can believe it. I have had repairs after it turned 120,000 miles, but I thought the costs were very reasonable, particularly after owning a Lexus. The exterior paint and the interior has held up beautifully. Love, love the drive. It time to move on to another model, but I can't find one I love as much as the Maxima for the price."

Over 100,000 Miles NIGHTMARE! MONEY PIT!!

By on Thursday, July 05, 2012

Pros: "Looks good"

Cons: "What next????"

"This is the 3rd Nissan I have purchased brand new; my 2nd Maxima. I had great luck w/ the first two, but this 3rd has become the bane of my existence once it rolled over 100,000 miles. Nissan is supposedly known for their product longevity and quality. This car doesn't bear that out. Windows that won't go up and down, AC problems and the latest in the cycle is that the transmission literally went out in a matter of 24 hours,...a total failure! I found out online I'm not alone w/ this transmission problem. There are literally hundreds of people who have had similar transmission failures in this model. Nissan is aware of this transmission problem, however no recall has ever been issued even though the failures are occurring far below the expected life of a transmission. Personally, this is my last Nissan. If Nissan does not value customers enough to issue a recall on a serious transmission problem, I can't value them enough to be the manufacturer of my automobile. Why would I trust that purchasing another newer Nissan vehicle would be any different? I warn others to think twice about purchasing from a company that will not recall a known transmission failure problem. Prospective buyers: BEWARE!!"

Bought mine off lease with 25K and now at 65K.

By on Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Pros: "Good power and luxury high end options come with."

Cons: "CVT takes getting used to, operate it manualy too."

Looks good washed, right?

"My 2007 Maxima has been very reliable and a pleasure to drive. It is quick and responsive to the steering maneuvers I pull off as a Boston driver with no excuses. I got a good car for the money as it is luxury and a sports car combined. Of all the best features included in the newer models of the more pricier cars, I had them in mine. I have followed up with routine preventative maintenance and no problems mechanically to this point. I enjoy driving it and it looks great when washed and the tires are Armored. I have no add ons since it looks great as is. Sometimes I thank God for my car because I am lucky to own it. Get one with a good Car Fax so you know if it was kept in good condition. I would sell you mine, but I'd be sad about letting it go. I think it is worth keeping it until at least 100K and even then if it still looks good, take it to 150K. That is projected to be an easy achievement. It's an amazingly good car which is why it's my Maximus!!! Jose"

Looks good washed, right?

Worse car I ever owned

By on Friday, June 22, 2012

Pros: "good engine response"

Cons: "noisy and loud drive"

"Tranmission failed at 82K - catalytic converter failed at 79K [replaced under warranty] - wheel base turn radius is too wide - repairs and upkeep is very expensive - poor gas mileage - poor overall performance - extremely loud interior/exterior road noise........"

I love my Maxima!

By on Monday, May 28, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive,engine,bose"

Cons: "road noise,air to the rear"

"I bought this car new in June of 2007.It is just what I would expect from a Maxima. I have Always been a nissan driver and they make great cars. About 90000 miles i had to replace a belt that was about to break im not sure what is was,but it did not dig a hole in my pocket to replace.And around 100000 miles the sunroof shade came loose and hasnt been fixed because nissan says there is nothing wrong,the sunroof works fine.There isnt alot of air flow from the two vents in the rear and something is in the rear cup holder an oil or juice.I have wiped it up and pulled out the thing in it and it keeps coming back I will have to tell nissan when i go get my oil change.overall great car"

loved this car - RIP

By on Thursday, May 17, 2012

Pros: "very reliable, quick, comfortable"

Cons: "wide turn radius"

"bought this car recently, had alot of fun in it. drives very well. only prob i had was the turn radius but i never do u turns here. id have a problem if i went to new york lol. unfortunately my maxima was wrecked by an 84 year old running a red light. no problem, im buying a 2005 maxima se with 98000 miles! loved my maxima, will love the new one. highly recommended!"

2004 Nissan Maxima

By on Monday, May 07, 2012

Pros: "comfort and drive is excellent."

Cons: "watch your u-turns"

"I absolutely love this car, It drives like its gliding on air. Its very fast so you have to be very careful stepping on the gas. It stops on a dime. The leather interior is beautiful I would recommend this car to anyone."

quality not up to par

By on Saturday, April 14, 2012

"Bought my 2004 Max in 2011 and want to sell it now. Had to take ABS fuse out because brakes were locking up. This is an expensive repair so opted not to have fixed. Car shakes at highway speeds. Leather seats are hard making them very uncomfortableon trips. was told the engine in these cars are bullet proof, when starting mine that is exactly what it sounds like, a bullet pinging around in it. That will cost about 1500-2000 to have fixed. Has plenty of get up and go on a positive note. Turning radius is short of a football field, so if you need to do a u.-turn good luck. Not worth all the fuss !"

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Turning radius, MPG"

"I have owned my 2008 Maxima for about 3 years now, great car for road trips. Plenty of room, CVT transmission is awesome power and speed when I need it (no downshifting). Has standard maintenance done, oil changes, brakes, tires. I have gone through 2 batteries, but I'm not sure if it was the car or sub-par batteries. Tire pressure sensor went bad early on and auto up for passenger front window doesn't work like it should. My major complaint is turning radius, it is horrible. When I do a U-turn on a divided highway there almost isn't enough pavement (although friends with a 2009 model say Nissan fixed that issue). Mileage is not great 18 city and 24 highway. Overall great car, I would do it again."

average

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "roomy car and fast"

Cons: "parts R expensive, DIY maint time consuming"

"This car is okay, had to replace timing chains and tensioner due to a factory defect that Nissan was aware about but was not covered under warranty as mine failed after 90k miles, Nissan still failed to acknowledge this defect and replace for free. Front end has been replaced due to popping sounds new lower control arms, struts, strut mounts, bearing caps. Front grill is plastic with chrome finish this peels after a while, bad turning radius, to much plastic under engine eventually plastic pins that hold it in wear out and plastic comes off. front light replacement on driver side is easy passenger side takes longer as you have to remove the fender well to get to it. Driver side remove air cleaner housing and you can change out lights easy. Spark plugs are hard to change out as you have to remove the manifold no way around this. you start to have a lack of power when the car gets over 100k"

Love this car!

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "Wonderful all around car"

Cons: "To be expected the parts are expensive to replace"

"I love this car! Only negative thing is that we tried to replace the headlight ourselves and it was very difficult to get to it and get it switched out. The lightbulb for the headlights was very expensive but overall this is a wonderful car with plenty of pep when you step on the gas, very roomy for everyone and rides so smooth!"

I LOVE My Maxima!

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Stylish, Great Gas Mileage"

Cons: "none!"

"I traded my 2002 Nissan X-Terra for my 2005 Maxima and I couldn't be happier! The gas mileage difference is unbelievable! I feel like my Maxima also has more room than my X-Terra! My Maxima is very luxerious and convenient. Not to mention, it will fly! An added bonus is the trunk space! Great travel vehicle, I actually just drove it to the beach. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone."

Nightmare!!!!

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pros: "Has all the "bells and whistles""

Cons: "severe mechanical defects"

"I purchased this car with the expectation to keep it for a long time and paid more than I wanted to spend on a car at the time but I thought it would last for quite some time so I decided to bite the bullet and do it! What a nightmare! The car had to have the O2 sensor replaced, serpentine belt (which was not the problem), the ABS system locked up, and now needs the rear main seal replaced. I went today to trade the car in on something more reliable and soon found out that the car was bought back by the manufacturer and declared a lemon. Because my state does not have a used car lemon law it was sent here from a state that does have a lemon law and the title was cleared. Needless to say the dealer I purchased it from deceptively sold me the car and did not tell me the "facts" on the car but instead showed me a clean carfax report"

Great Mover! Lots of get up and go

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

"great car"

one of the best car for your money.

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "sexy,stylish,and powerfull"

Cons: "not many, but it needs fog lights on the bumper."

"this car has a great shape, its got style,power, luxury, and fun to drive. great overall car."

Nightmare Car!

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Reason: Car was falling apart

Pros: "Looks good and is comfortable"

Cons: "anything mechanical in the car is bad"

"My parents purchased this car for me brand new as a high school graduation gift. But it was nothing but problems from the start. The first week of owning it, the batterie needed to be replaced. Now at 90,000 miles the Engine light went on and the car was shaking really badly. The power window on the drivers side stopped working and the A/C stopped working as well. The leather seats didn't hold up very well either, with discoloration. Over all I was putting over $3,000 in the car every year. Glad I finally got rid of that nightmare car!"