2005 Nissan Maxima

8.1

Based on 600 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

2004 Maxima SE

By on Tuesday, March 24, 2009

"This car has been a nightmare from about 4 months into ownership. Warped rotors @ 12k miles but the brake pads were fine. Confusing to me. I had the car brought in about 12 different times over a period of 3 years for the sunroof not closing properly. 20k miles, leaking cv boots and when the Nissan dealership was working on those they ruined my front axel when attempting to put it back on. They had to order a new one. brakes have only last me about 16k miles.....Just to give you an idea...I previously owned a Ford Mustang (should have never gotten rid of that car) I didn't need to replace the brakes until 78k miles. I'm always on the freeway. Now at 75k miles, I need a new timing chain, motor mounts and the transmission needs work. Not exactly sure if it needs a new transmission but I'm not going to pay to find out. All I want to do is drive this car off a cliff. I purchased this car after my daughter was born thinking that we'd spend a little more money and buy a good quality car that would last for many years. Boy, was I wrong. I will NEVER buy another Nissan and probably never another foriegn car. What an expensive misstake I made!"

WORST VEHICLE EVER!!!!

By on Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pros: "It had nice wheels? well kind of..."

Cons: "too many to list. in short, the whole car fails!"

"I have owned this car for 8 years and it has been nothing but problems! Replaced the transmission twice. Once, at 46k, the other time at 79k. The car now has 84k on it. The only reason ive kept the car as long as i have is because i coulnt even get what was owed on it if I sold it. Now Im just going to bite the bullet and cut my losses and get a different car. I will never again buy a nissan! The trans wasnt the only problem i had with it, the abs failed, the head gasket failed (after only 59k!) the a/c failed, plus a whole laundry list of other things!! THis car was a failure from the beginning!! DO NOT BUY NISSAN!!"

Higs and Lows

By on Saturday, September 10, 2011

Pros: "Gadgets, economy for its size, looks"

Cons: "ABS and strut reliability, lack of passenger lumbar"

"My 2004 has served me adequately, but not well. It's beautiful and has gadgets and gizmos galore. My wife loves the folding mirrors and heated steering wheel. We like the fact that the driver's seat memory includes mirror and steering wheel positions. Mechanically, we've been pleased with 30 MPG on long drives. What we didn't like was premature failure of struts and rear ABS system problems ($2000). We are still waiting for the transmission problems to surface, but are glad to wait."

I can drive for two days and not feel tired

By on Saturday, July 20, 2013

"It is the most comfortable car I have ever owned. After 84000 miles it looks as nice as when I bought it I keep it garaged. The seats are just starting to show a little ware from sliding in and out. But we take care of it and don't let our grand kids abuse it. It is like anything else it is how you treat it, I know people that could destroy an anvil."

For an import, I am impressed!

By on Monday, May 27, 2013

Pros: "Very sporty and fun to drive"

Cons: "The cost of some of the repairs!!! RIDICULOUS!!!!"

"First and foremost, I am a DIE HARD Mopar fan! I was born and raise with Dodge, Plymouth and Chrysler products and I will stick with them until the day I die! I came to own my Maxima because my wife at the time wanted a new car and that happen to be what she choose. And like I said, I am a Mopar man through and through, but I must say I am very impressed with this car! We bought it brand new with only 69 miles on it and I have never had to do any major work to it! About the only thing I STRONGLY dislike about this car is the cost for some of the repairs!!! Just to replace a headlight bulb (which I very quickly found out I couldn't do due to ridiculous process involved just to change it! So it had to go into the shop!) costs OVER $500!!!! I was flabbergasted!!!! But with all that aside I am honestly impressed and actually enjoy driving the car!"