2005 Nissan Maxima

8.1

Based on 576 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

It has lasted through time

By on Thursday, August 14, 2014

Pros: "The power is awesome. Comfortable for long drives"

Cons: "Expensive parts, leaking moon roof, paint oxidized"

"I bought this car over a Toyota because of the telescopic steering wheel. I am very tall and the wheel moved out of my way for more convenience. I also liked its sportiness and its speed and handling. I have maintained this car very well through the Nissan dealership. However, my cons with this vehicle are that the car has millions of cheap plastic parts that break off and are expensive to replace. The moon roof has been replaced twice for manufacture defects and it still rusted out and leaks. The seat assembly on the drivers side has broken twice and at a cost of $1000 to fix it each time, it is staying broken. It is a very expensive car to keep up."

MY BEST VEHICLE EVER! RELIABLE,BEST RIDE & SPORTY

By on Saturday, August 09, 2014

"TIME TO GIVE UP BUT I AM ATTACHED...SO MUCH ROOM AND SUCH A GREAT RIDE."

Longer term than expected

By on Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Pros: "Love the heated steering wheel!"

Cons: "Wish the trunk opened all the way when fobbed"

"I purchased this Maxima new in 2006, never used factory warranty (and would never needed to up to 8 years later)! I purchased brakes at 90k, battery and just purchased 2nd set replacement tires. This car has been rock solid, I am beginning to tire of it only because I miss the technology they have added to cars in the last 8 years. A four door sports car? Not really, but not a boring sedan either. It continues to impress me & surprise others with it's quick acceleration. Interior quality has held up better than expected.. I used regular unleaded (fill door says "premium fuel is recommended for maximum performance") For the dozen or so times I filled with premium I noticed a slight increase in performance and little fuel mileage improvement, but not enough difference on either to spend the extra cost of premium. Fuel mileage was never something to brag about, averaged about 26 mpg with 60% hwy 40% city use (of course what can you expect from a 6)?"

DO NOT BUY WEIRD TRANSMISSION SLIP

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "Spacious, looks good,"

Cons: "transmission, turn radius, pick up"

my car:(

"I bought this car from auction using my friends account. My decision to grab this car went horribly wrong. The car when we test drove was very good strong and had just 87,000 miles on it for 04' SL model. But things started to fall apart the transmission started reacting weird it would get stuck on some gears and skip some gears. When I started researching this car it had One of kind TRANSMISSION flaw where it would start doing weird shifts jerks jumps stuck once the engine is completely warm ...so when its cold it would shift smooth thats where we were not able to catch this issue and new transmission is very expensive to fix around 3000$ as the junk yard people know that this vehicle has this issue they priced it HIGH all over uSA..SO my Suggestion DO NOT BUY 04-06 Nissan. Good luck!"

my car:(

Very poor mechanical design

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "Stable drive, good acceleration"

Cons: "Weak suspension, poor quality compared to Toyota"

"In just 85K miles I have replaced the front struts (leaking again), rear bearings and the underside has begun to rust through. The suspension is too weak for the weight of the car. Not user friendly for doing minor maintenance, like replacing headlight bulbs (got to remove front wheels and wheel arches to gain access). Overall poor quality compared to Toyota (should have purchased a Camry)."