2004 Nissan Maxima

8.1

Based on 593 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

Great Car--Solid and Quick

By on Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pros: "Get up and go in the engine and solidly built."

Cons: "Nothing really bugs me about this car."

"I have owned this car since new. It is fast and well put together. I have 86,000 miles on it and still like to "step on it" still every now and then. It just goes! Has held up pretty well interior and exterior. Overall very satisfied. Nice Job by Nissan and this was the first year of the model change!!"

Four door muscle!

By on Monday, June 03, 2013

"A four door hotrod!!!A real sleeper that will chew up many notable stock sporty cars..But with build quality and bells and whistles that are superb."

For an import, I am impressed!

By on Monday, May 27, 2013

Pros: "Very sporty and fun to drive"

Cons: "The cost of some of the repairs!!! RIDICULOUS!!!!"

"First and foremost, I am a DIE HARD Mopar fan! I was born and raise with Dodge, Plymouth and Chrysler products and I will stick with them until the day I die! I came to own my Maxima because my wife at the time wanted a new car and that happen to be what she choose. And like I said, I am a Mopar man through and through, but I must say I am very impressed with this car! We bought it brand new with only 69 miles on it and I have never had to do any major work to it! About the only thing I STRONGLY dislike about this car is the cost for some of the repairs!!! Just to replace a headlight bulb (which I very quickly found out I couldn't do due to ridiculous process involved just to change it! So it had to go into the shop!) costs OVER $500!!!! I was flabbergasted!!!! But with all that aside I am honestly impressed and actually enjoy driving the car!"

Do Not Buy! Worst Car I Ever Owned.

By on Monday, May 06, 2013

Pros: "it had power. spaciius interior"

Cons: "poor quality. Poor turning radius."

"I bought this car new and it cost me more to maintain than my BMW 328. The transmission needed to be totally overhauled at 70,000 for $5,000. The transmission solenoids fail on a regular basis. The fog lights have broken twice. The sun roof has broken once. To change a simple headlight you have to remove the front bumper - Nissan charges $250 to install a $30 bulb. The interior began to fall apart after 5 years of moderate wear. The Bose stereo does not work correctly.The power when I bought the car was great but has deteriorated significantly over time. The fit and finish was poor for the Nissan flagship car."

The best car we have ever owned!

By on Sunday, April 07, 2013

Pros: "Peppy engine, comfortable ride, fabulous features"

Cons: "None!"

"We love our Maxima! The performance, looks and features are luxurious. We love the heated leather seats, dual climate control and integrated blue tooth. Last summer we went on a cross-country road trip and the Maxima performed excellently, even over high elevation mountain passes. The comfort and ride is unlike any car I have ever owned (and I have had a LOT of cars!) It corners like it's on rails and has enough pep to get me from a complete stop on a freeway on-ramp to freeway speed in seconds. Highly recommended! I am pretty sure my next car will be another Maxima...if I ever decided to trade this one in."

Very good car IF there were no problems

By on Friday, April 05, 2013

Pros: "Looks cool, good maneuverability"

Cons: "stupid transmission problems"

"I am not sure whether it is because I have bad luck or something, but I bought this car and own it for about half a year right now (mileage >100000mi). It took me about 5000 bucks to fix the transmission after 4 months driving the car. The mec told me that I'll be able to drive the car as long as possible if I go back for routine check ups. 2 months later, while driving my friends on a highway for a dinner party, the engine broke down, it transmission problem haunts back again."

Disappointed for the money.

By on Friday, March 22, 2013

Pros: "power and handling are great"

Cons: "interior not comfortable or convenient"

"My mom purchased this car new. Didn't get a very good price. The power and handling are great. Like the keyless on/off. The interior could be designed better. The seats are not very comfortable, could use more padding and a "hand crank lumbar adjustment"-really???? The buttons for the seat heaters are on the front of the consol & are hard to find while driving, also get bumped easily without realizing it. Overall, it's overpriced"

I loved this car until....

By on Thursday, March 07, 2013

Reason: Transmission failed

Pros: "fun to drive, looks great"

Cons: "doesnt last over 100k miles"

"I was the second owner, buying it in 2008 when it only had 32k miles on it. I did the transmission flush service at 60k miles and changed the oil faithfully. I thought I could not go wrong with a Nissn! especially the Maxima which is their top of the line. I had to trade the car off because the transmission was jerking and became unreliable and a serious driving hazard. at least I was able to trade it before it completely failed. Please read other reviews or google 2006 maxima transmission problems and you will be amazed at how many people have had the same issue. i am so dissapointed in Nissan. i absolutely loved this car and it breaks my heart to see older models still on the road. they did something wrong when they changed the body style. car looks very nice and is fun to drive, but i wouldn't reccomend it unless you have a warranty to cover the transmission because they cost over 5k to replace."

Excellent Car! Bought new & no regrets!

By on Wednesday, February 06, 2013

"In 8 years only once was it in the shop for repairs and that was to replace a steering sensor; under $300. Found Maxima to have a very comfortable ride. Have had so many compliments on the beauty of this car."

Excellent

By on Tuesday, January 29, 2013

"50K No Mechanical Problems, Rides Drives great, Looking to buy another!. Headlight seals leaked after 3 years They would NOt make good on the warranty. Other than that excellent car"

Great Engine, Rusty undercarriage

By on Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Pros: "engine and transmission performance"

Cons: "body rust, poor turning radius, blind spots"

"This car will start to rust out at 50,000 miles. Especially the brake parts and floorpan. The rust will eat off your tail pipe hangers and you'll have to have new ones welded on. Unless you live in the Southwest. The CD changer Head Unit will skip and become useless. Nobody plays cassette tapes any more either. There will be a mildew smell in the A/C unit, and the exterior window gaskets will start to smell like sewage mixed with cheese, especially if you regularly park under a tree. You won't be able to open the windows and rest your arm on the sill because that smell will get on you. The under-body cowling grommets will pop off and the protective skirts under the car will flap around until you replace the grommets, or they fly off by themselves on the highway. The TURNING RADIUS IS TERRIBLE and you will be blocking traffic every time you park because you can't get in and out of parking spaces easily. However, the engine and transmission are GREAT. Smooth, powerful, and, unfortunately, inefficient. I have to dump this car because brains aren't everything. I want one with a good body too."

WORST VEHICLE EVER!!!!

By on Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pros: "It had nice wheels? well kind of..."

Cons: "too many to list. in short, the whole car fails!"

"I have owned this car for 8 years and it has been nothing but problems! Replaced the transmission twice. Once, at 46k, the other time at 79k. The car now has 84k on it. The only reason ive kept the car as long as i have is because i coulnt even get what was owed on it if I sold it. Now Im just going to bite the bullet and cut my losses and get a different car. I will never again buy a nissan! The trans wasnt the only problem i had with it, the abs failed, the head gasket failed (after only 59k!) the a/c failed, plus a whole laundry list of other things!! THis car was a failure from the beginning!! DO NOT BUY NISSAN!!"

WOW!! Fantastic in every way........

By on Tuesday, January 08, 2013

"NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER, BEST CAR I EVER HAD............."

Very good car, with power, style reliability

By on Friday, December 28, 2012

Pros: "Great value and extremely reliable over the 9 year"

Cons: "Tinny sound when closing doors and trunk."

"I would buy another without a doubt if I were younger."

tremendous reliability

By on Thursday, December 20, 2012

"Always have loved it. No major problems, taken well care of."

The worst car ever!!!

By on Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Pros: "comfy"

Cons: "faulty Tranmission"

"I bought this vehicle and the transmisso0n went out at under 100,000 miles! please dont buy this vehicle! There is many lawsuits against nissan for faulty tranmissions."

LOVE MY CAR!!!!

By on Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pros: "Looks, power, comfort"

Cons: "None that I can honestly think of"

"I own this car. I have not put anything into it except routine : brakes, new battery, fluid flushes. It drives wonderful, strong engine. It looks exceptional, I get a lot of compliments. I couldn't ask for a better vehicle."

Great Vehicle

By on Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Pros: "Very Reliable"

Cons: "Power outlet, gear shift, and cup holder too close"

"I love this vehicle. In the nearly five years since I purchased it, I have had minimal repairs. In fact, other than maintenance items, I have had only one repair; to the A/C in 2010...about $350.00. What I don't like is the fact that the front cup holders are so close to the lower dash, that it is difficult to avoid hitting your cup when shifting into drive...and it is difficult to plug in my phone or GPS while the gear shift is in park. I ended up purchasing a dual outlet with a very short plug."

I love this car!

By on Monday, October 15, 2012

Pros: "Great pickup and fun to drive."

Cons: "The turning radius."

"It has great pick up and speed, when pulling out on a road. My only complaint is the turning radius when pulling into a parking space. I was told it was because of the larger tires(?) Taking two attempts to swing into a parking space gets old real quick. The seats are comfortable and I enjoy the heated seats even in the summer. The heat is great for a sore back."

never buy a nissan again...stay with toyota

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pros: "looks good"

Cons: "it's a total money pit"

"the car looks good...tinted windows and wheels ( black on black) The car only has 65000 and it's a TOTAL MONEY PIT!!! Things break down constantly! It's 500.00 here and 800.00 the next! We have put THREE sets of tires on it, and are going to pick it up AGAIN today at the tune of 585.00! I've been with Toyota in the past and have NEVER NEVER had these kinds of problems! It has been properly serviced on time, and well taken care of. Oh, and the paint is faded so bad in spots along with some of the chrome on the roof, it almost looks sanded! NEVER AGAIN!!!"

Research the Maxima before you buy

By on Saturday, August 25, 2012

Pros: "Strong Engine thats all"

Cons: "Engine issues, transmission issues, issues, issues"

"I first got this car in 2010 at 69,000 miles and thats where the issues started. This car has been a money pit ever since that day, do your research on the Maxima, better yet Google Maxima Forumn and research there. Nissan is aware of the issues with the Maxima and we are not talking about small issues we are talking about automatic transmission lawsuit, timing chain guides that are made of cheap plastic, roof strips that peel off. The car is a tank and the fuel used is horrible, this was my first and last Nissan ever. I will never ever go back.."

atomobil nightmare

By on Saturday, August 25, 2012

Pros: "looks, comfert"

Cons: "everything els"

"ok but not ok for a nissin"

My Favorite Vehicle Ever!

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, great comfort, teriffic eye appeal"

Cons: "Needs premium fuel"

"I've driven top of the line Cadillacs, Pontiacs, Buicks & Oldsmobiles, but this is the best car yet. I have never had to take it in for warranty work & it has been a pleasure to drive. I cannot rave enough about this car."

Would buy another

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, great looking!"

Cons: "Pricey to fix, Loves Gas"

"I actually own two of these vehicles one SL and SE model. Both have been great. Obviously your going to have to maintenance on an older vehicle. Have replaced CV boot on one and both have had to have radiators replaced. The SE has had evaporator core replaced. All and all with the age on these vehicles have stood up very well. SE runs quick! SL has a luxury ride."

GREAT CAR

By on Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, good lookig car."

Cons: "Only con is the long drive train."

"I bought my Maxima when the new model came out in 04. The car is 9 years old and no one can believe it. I have had repairs after it turned 120,000 miles, but I thought the costs were very reasonable, particularly after owning a Lexus. The exterior paint and the interior has held up beautifully. Love, love the drive. It time to move on to another model, but I can't find one I love as much as the Maxima for the price."