2004 Nissan Maxima

8.1

Based on 600 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

2006 Maxima SL - great car

By on Tuesday, August 04, 2009

"I've owned mine since new - I purchased it using the VPP program. Have 43K miles on it now. Great car. Have had very few problems. Only negative is the terrible turning radius. I like my 2006 much better than the new model."

Love at First Sight

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2009

"I currently drive the 2004 SL Maxima but also own a 1998 SE and a 2002 GLE. I bought the 04 used and feel that the money spent was well worth it. As a 23 year old guy, the car is fast, reliable, definitely roomy and pretty sexy looking. The leather seats are so comfortable that I when I am driving I feel like I am in a plane. Like all Nissans, the BOSE system is pretty nice. The heated steering wheel is GENIUS by the way. I get great gas mileage using premium. My 1998 SE had a spoiler and black leather interior which is the only thing I miss in my 2004 SL. All in all the Maxima is absolutely a thrill to drive!"

outstanding car

By on Saturday, January 17, 2009

"EXCELLENT CAR, SMOOTH, FAST, QUIET,LOTS OF ROOM FOR A SIX FOOT FOUR PERSON LIKE ME. CVT TRANSMISSION IS GREAT ONCE YOU ADJUST TO NO SHIFTS. RUNS GREAT ON REGULAR GAS, 20 MPG ON A 22 MILE ROUND TRIP CITY/HIGHWAY LOOP. 25 MPG ON INTERSTATE AT 75MPH. TURNING CIRCLE IS NO PROBLEM. HEAD AND SHOULDERS ABOVE ITS COMPETITION FROM HONDA AND TOYOTA. YOU WILL LOVE IT BEFORE YOU GET IT OFF OF THE LOT. SE MODEL, HANDLES BETTER THAN THE SL, NO FAKE WOOD, NICER INTERIOR, LESS EXPENSIVE."

My "new" 2006 (at least it seems new to me)

By on Wednesday, October 08, 2008

"Just purchased a 2006 with very low miles and WOW is this car awesome! Still drive my 1995 with 227,000 miles as it is perfect also! Did I mention that I had a 1998 ?........and loved it also. I definitely recommend this car, any year.I bought all of them used and they have been great cars. You get a lot for your money. They never die either!!"

Wouldn't trade her for the world!

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2008

"This car was initially bought for my husband. Well, I fell in love and he ended up in our SUV. I absolutely love this car. I have been in this car for 4 years. No mechanical issues yet. I have taken this car cross country 4 times and I must say, when gas prices are $4+, one can appreciate the gas mileage. Drove from CO to VA on four complete fills. 28 hours and 4 fills. My husband doubled that. Handles well. Tires grip the road. The stocks actually held up in the ice, snow, and other random acts of God in CO. My job required me to be at work when no one else could make it and in a blizzard she took me with no issues. The automatic with manual shift helps because you can down shift rather than brake. Great vehicle. Two car seats in the back and comfortable seating space for one more. Leg room in front and back - ample. No complaints. I'll ride her till the wheels fall off!"

4DSC

By on Monday, July 07, 2008

"I read reviews of the 2009 model, and they said the 2004-2008 model was more tame than keeping with the history of the car. I find this car sporty and quick. The size of a 5-series BMW, but FWD and comparatively cheaper for the masses. Great car, would buy again, perhaps without the 18 inch tires though (they look good, handle well, but potholes will loosen fillings!!"

Solid choice

By on Wednesday, July 02, 2008

"This is my second Maxima and once again i'm not disappointed. Much better than average performance and rock solid reliability for a reasonable price. Suprisingly good gas mileage for a car that performs in the manner that this one does (22 city/ 28 highway observed). Comfortable and quiet interior. The suspension on the SE may not be forgiving enough for everyone. I'm fairly sure that when I decide to trade this car in, it will be for another Maxima."

Impressed

By on Saturday, May 31, 2008

"I have been driving Honda Accords since 1984. I gave my 1998 Accord to my son and bought a 2006 Maxima SL to "try something different". I have been MOSTLY impressed with the car. The highlight of the car is the excellent V6 that powers it. Quiet, smooth, and quick. The ride is very comfortable, reasonably quiet. Stereo is excellent. Climate control accurate. Handling is very good. Reliablity for me has been fine thus far. Only a few cosmetic issues under warranty, one being the chrome grille, which has been known to PEEL. Replaced without a problem. The one HUGE complaint I have which I have learned to live with is the turning circle which is TERRIBLE. Parking in a space requires the finesse of a Ford Expedition. After driving Hondas for >20 years, I have to say that the ergonomics of the interior are not as good as a Honda, but I have completely gotten used to it and it is not a big problem."

Sold Value

By on Saturday, March 08, 2008

"Great fit and finish, solid motor that will really move. Great looks and styling. I purchased a 2004 with 50,000 miles on it. I really enjoy the Bose stereo,power and handling, heated leather seats and telescoping steering wheel.The car does ride a little rough because of the low profile tires and has a wide turning radius.Overall, I am happy with purchase. I owned a Mazda Millenia S before and the Maxima moves much faster than the Mazda, but has a stiffer ride.Also,the value of the car was great since so many are coming off leases."

By on Sunday, September 30, 2007

"This car has incrediable pickup! There are a couple things I don't like. The ride it not as smooth as it could be, it's like the tires are hard as a rock, hit a bump and you better be holding on tight to the steering wheel because the car will jump into another lane if going fast at all. The shifting is ruff, I am told this is normal for this transmission. The seats are not a great comfort and I am not a large person, both seat could have lumbar support and don't. The door lock is right on the door handle area, making it very easy to ACCIDENTLY lock yourself out."

its good

By on Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pros: "alot of power for 265 hp"

Cons: "MRSP $35,000 in 2003 Nissan Flagship Model"

"Firestone replaced all 4 tires warranty at 32000. Nissan replaced sky view glass and they never prepared new installation properly. Now roof rusting in corner's. Took car to Nissan 5/14/14 got run around from body shop personnel. Havve to talk to Manager but he is not here. Right!!Fuel pump went out 2012 $600.00 repair.Battery in 2010. no other problems really good car, but updated navigation costs $175.00 no way."

Great Car--Solid and Quick

By on Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pros: "Get up and go in the engine and solidly built."

Cons: "Nothing really bugs me about this car."

"I have owned this car since new. It is fast and well put together. I have 86,000 miles on it and still like to "step on it" still every now and then. It just goes! Has held up pretty well interior and exterior. Overall very satisfied. Nice Job by Nissan and this was the first year of the model change!!"

Bought mine off lease with 25K and now at 65K.

By on Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Pros: "Good power and luxury high end options come with."

Cons: "CVT takes getting used to, operate it manualy too."

Looks good washed, right?

"My 2007 Maxima has been very reliable and a pleasure to drive. It is quick and responsive to the steering maneuvers I pull off as a Boston driver with no excuses. I got a good car for the money as it is luxury and a sports car combined. Of all the best features included in the newer models of the more pricier cars, I had them in mine. I have followed up with routine preventative maintenance and no problems mechanically to this point. I enjoy driving it and it looks great when washed and the tires are Armored. I have no add ons since it looks great as is. Sometimes I thank God for my car because I am lucky to own it. Get one with a good Car Fax so you know if it was kept in good condition. I would sell you mine, but I'd be sad about letting it go. I think it is worth keeping it until at least 100K and even then if it still looks good, take it to 150K. That is projected to be an easy achievement. It's an amazingly good car which is why it's my Maximus!!! Jose"

Looks good washed, right?

2004 Nissan Maxima

By on Monday, May 07, 2012

Pros: "comfort and drive is excellent."

Cons: "watch your u-turns"

"I absolutely love this car, It drives like its gliding on air. Its very fast so you have to be very careful stepping on the gas. It stops on a dime. The leather interior is beautiful I would recommend this car to anyone."

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Turning radius, MPG"

"I have owned my 2008 Maxima for about 3 years now, great car for road trips. Plenty of room, CVT transmission is awesome power and speed when I need it (no downshifting). Has standard maintenance done, oil changes, brakes, tires. I have gone through 2 batteries, but I'm not sure if it was the car or sub-par batteries. Tire pressure sensor went bad early on and auto up for passenger front window doesn't work like it should. My major complaint is turning radius, it is horrible. When I do a U-turn on a divided highway there almost isn't enough pavement (although friends with a 2009 model say Nissan fixed that issue). Mileage is not great 18 city and 24 highway. Overall great car, I would do it again."

Nightmare!!!!

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pros: "Has all the "bells and whistles""

Cons: "severe mechanical defects"

"I purchased this car with the expectation to keep it for a long time and paid more than I wanted to spend on a car at the time but I thought it would last for quite some time so I decided to bite the bullet and do it! What a nightmare! The car had to have the O2 sensor replaced, serpentine belt (which was not the problem), the ABS system locked up, and now needs the rear main seal replaced. I went today to trade the car in on something more reliable and soon found out that the car was bought back by the manufacturer and declared a lemon. Because my state does not have a used car lemon law it was sent here from a state that does have a lemon law and the title was cleared. Needless to say the dealer I purchased it from deceptively sold me the car and did not tell me the "facts" on the car but instead showed me a clean carfax report"

Great guts and extremely dependable

By on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pros: "Feel like I'm driving a higher end luxury car"

Cons: "No navigation"

"Horse power is still excellent after 8 yrs!! This car has always gone to the dealer for maintenance and continues to run and drive like a champ!"

Most reliable car I've owned

By on Saturday, January 07, 2012

Pros: "style, reliability and roomy"

Cons: "stearing radius"

"only owner - top notch vehicle - very reliable, I have 181000 and it still looks like and drives likes a new car!"

great car great condition

By on Monday, December 05, 2011

"cars in great shape"

Best Vehicle Ever!

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Can't think of any"

"I love this car! I got an awesome deal on it to begin with. I have had it for three years now, and I would love for it to last forever. Nissan has an excellent car in the Maxima. Maximum value!"

AWESOME!!!!!

By on Friday, November 04, 2011

Pros: "Spacious, Fun to drive, Decent on fuel."

Cons: "Tires are a little spendy."

"I love this vehicle! It has zoom zoom amd I keep getting asked if it is a 2011...lol Mine is a 2005 SE. Fun and fits my fam of 4 nicely."

Great reliable vehicle

By on Saturday, October 29, 2011

"I have never had any problems with the car. Even has original factory battery. Average MPG - 27.0, Freeway 31.0."

i had a 2005 model.... not a good idea

By on Thursday, October 27, 2011

"i had major transmissions problems with my car..i had sell get rid of it. all my buddies has had engine problem also with this model."

Awesome Car

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

"I have owned many cars in the past 15 years since I am a gear head. I love this car the most due to its reliability, power, and comfort. I am very happy with the purchase"

Faulty Transmission

By on Friday, February 18, 2011

"DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!!! The 2005 Nissan Maxima's have a transmission that fails at 50,000. This is not an isolated incident. Google 2005 Nissan transmissions on the internet and see what I mean."