2003 Nissan Maxima

Based on 563 Ratings for the 2000 - 2003 models.

One of the best vehicles I have owned!

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "Very dependable, a pleasure to drive."

Cons: "Wide turn radius"

"I have owned my 2001 SE 20th Anniversary Edition Maxima for a little over 8 years and purchased it from the original owner when it was 5 years old. It has the Bose system and gray leather interior. Dark blue with the factory ground effects that I've only seen on the Anniverary Edition. Through the years I have had to replace a few expensive parts(main computer,MAF sensor,O2 sensors,starter,alternator,struts,wheel bearings),but I would say thats normal up keep on the vehicle. I keep the oil changed when needed. The car is an absolute pleasure to drive! It runs smooth and powerful, and handles the road like a sport sedan should. I prefer the 3.0 motor just because it is such a good running and reliable motor. My first Maxima was a 1999 SE and I would brag on that one just the same. The turning radius on the 2001 is much wider than the '99, which I just had to get use to it. Awsome car!"

This was a great 4 door sedan

By on Monday, September 3, 2012

Reason: I didn't sell it. it was impounded.

Pros: "Fun car, great on space, lots of power"

Cons: "Hard to work on, maintenance is expensive."

"this car was great to drive and comfortable on long trips. all the features are well thought out in placement. it is a little expensive to work on. and tires are pricey if u get a model with 16" rims. the vehicle has plenty of power. I had the 5speed and got great gas mileage(18-24). I did enjoy this car till it needed repairs."

Still Running Strong with 250K

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "All around great car"

Cons: "Very unassuming interior looks."

"I am just starting process of looking at replacing my beloved Maxima. Test drove a '07 Civic SI Sedan two days ago. I couldnt believe my '00 Maxima kicked that honda's a**. My clutch has never been replaced and it has way better feel and response than the civic that had 108K. The steering was soft and boring in normal street driving. My Max even though it has a little more body roll due to suspension needing replaced at all four corners still reacts faster and pulls through corners at speed. I also drove an '03 A4 with a V6. No comparison to power my 3.0 still has. Thanks Nissan for making an awesome car that I can fit my three kids into comfortably but still have some fun with when its just me."

very reliable car

By on Thursday, August 18, 2011

"bought new, intended to trade in in 5/6 years. car is still running like new, no reason to trade in for same car and spend $20-25,000. Nissan builds to good of a car. my 300zx is 22 years old and still runs great."

Unbelievable

By on Monday, July 30, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, reliable, stylish, great handling"

Cons: "a little hit on gas mileage/ typically gets 28 hwy"

"I have owned this car for over a year now. High mileage at 170,000 but it drives like it is brand new. Very reliable, and proves that Japanese cars are the way to go. I can't believe the car is 12 years old! Not only is this car beautiful, but it drives like a dream. And that engine power is fun too. But what puts this over other V6 SE's is the control the driver has. The design of the car gives you full control over the road. Just an amazing feeling driving this car... people are suprised everytime I tell them its 12 years old. The paint and body looks like new. This design by Nissan is a sure classic. I love it!"