2003 Nissan Maxima

Based on 541 Ratings for the 2000 - 2003 models.

I have been TOTALLY satisfied with this car!

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

"I have loved this car, but it's getting old and thinking about considering a newer car. Probably not another Maxima, but DEFINITELY another Nissan."

Sharp roomy comfort smooth fast handles incredible

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pros: "Quality comfort room and so fun to drive"

Cons: "Paint faded bad but it's Phoenix."

"Stylish and comfortable reliable four door looks great outside big inside too. Bose stereo in dash 6 cd with control buttons on steering wheel. This car idles so quiet and smooth even now with 120k. I've recently seen 3 Craigslist adds for individuals selling these cars still running with over 3 hundred thousand miles! Tough car. Best thing about this car to me is it makes the little boy in me smile when u step on the gas. It GOES! I had a gt mustang 5.0 and I'm telling u the 255 hp six in the maxima (also in z350) is nearly as fast. The car handles like it is magnetized to the ground. Steering is very tight, and precise handling is amazing as well. Good suspension very smooth ride but tight and sporty as well with little to no lean or roll while turning.... Just a real nice car One complaint is here in Phoenix it is hot but the silver paint on my car really faded extremely bad on one side and hood and roof."

Great car, no problems, good gas mileage, lots of

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

"Overall great car. Good gas mileage. Handles well and lots of power, pick-up and reliable."

This car is a trooper!

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "Very comfortable interior."

Cons: "Funky model of its generation from the exterior."

"This car has hung in there with me through long road trips and daily commute traffic. Never had any real major mechanical issues, up until around 200k mark. One of the two radiator fans gave out but caught it on time and prevented the engine from overheating. Camshaft and crankshaft sensors were changed. Engine starts to sound a little rough now but with the current mileage (227k +) one can expect this. Car was always serviced with premium oil changes, premium unleaded even till today, and lots of love. This car has traveled along the western sea board from Mexico to Canada on several occasions and commutes in daily rush hour traffic with me. I am very impressed with the reliability and durability of this car. The commodity from inside is the best and very spacious. The exterior is kinda funky but the interior is awesome, at least my model is. I love this car."

One of the best vehicles I have owned!

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "Very dependable, a pleasure to drive."

Cons: "Wide turn radius"

"I have owned my 2001 SE 20th Anniversary Edition Maxima for a little over 8 years and purchased it from the original owner when it was 5 years old. It has the Bose system and gray leather interior. Dark blue with the factory ground effects that I've only seen on the Anniverary Edition. Through the years I have had to replace a few expensive parts(main computer,MAF sensor,O2 sensors,starter,alternator,struts,wheel bearings),but I would say thats normal up keep on the vehicle. I keep the oil changed when needed. The car is an absolute pleasure to drive! It runs smooth and powerful, and handles the road like a sport sedan should. I prefer the 3.0 motor just because it is such a good running and reliable motor. My first Maxima was a 1999 SE and I would brag on that one just the same. The turning radius on the 2001 is much wider than the '99, which I just had to get use to it. Awsome car!"

Cons: "Radio electrical."

"2001 Nissan Maxima, I have owned this car for the last 9 years and it has been the most reliable vehicle that I have owned. At over 230K miles it still runs like new. Turns on every morning without any trouble. Only minor electrical problems with the radio and subwoofer of the Bose system. With good maintenance engine and transmission should last another 200k."

Great car!

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pros: "Reliability galore!"

"Bot this car in 2010 used at 50K miles. Been a very reliable vehicle with no major issues. I can't remember any issues at present with the exception of the stainless steel muffler coming unwelded. Cost was $65 to reweld it, after another muffler shop said it had to be replaced for $$$$$. Stainless lasts forever, no need for replacement. I live in WI and this winter has been brutal with wind chills to -47. No problem starting up this 14 yr old car or any other issues. I would buy it all over again, if had the chance."

love my car

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Pros: "It's a powerful, sleek, comfortable, reliable car"

Cons: "Clear coat wore off, coils need to be replaced."

"I bought this in 2009 for $7500 with 85k on it. I'm now at 145K and I plan to keep it until 200K. I love it. Cons: The leather on the shifter has deteriorated, the cruise control doesn't work anymore, I had the stereo replaced, it's seems to leak transmission fluid, and the clear coat on the hood and spoiler has worn away (but I do live in Florida). As for maintenance, I get regular oil changes, I had the radiator replaced and some coils. Those were the costly repairs. After 60k miles, I need new tires. The things I love are the leather, the black on black combo with tinted windows, the power, the value, the manual shift, the 20th Anniversary Edition, the automatic headlights and it handles great. Pros: It's a powerful, sleek, comfortable and reliable car. Yes, I would get another one just like it. Yes, I would get another Maxima or an Altima 3.5, black on black with leather."