2002 Nissan Maxima

Based on 559 Ratings for the 2000 - 2003 models.

Still Running Strong with 250K

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "All around great car"

Cons: "Very unassuming interior looks."

"I am just starting process of looking at replacing my beloved Maxima. Test drove a '07 Civic SI Sedan two days ago. I couldnt believe my '00 Maxima kicked that honda's a**. My clutch has never been replaced and it has way better feel and response than the civic that had 108K. The steering was soft and boring in normal street driving. My Max even though it has a little more body roll due to suspension needing replaced at all four corners still reacts faster and pulls through corners at speed. I also drove an '03 A4 with a V6. No comparison to power my 3.0 still has. Thanks Nissan for making an awesome car that I can fit my three kids into comfortably but still have some fun with when its just me."

MY THIRD MAXIMA

By on Saturday, November 12, 2011

"Great Car Great Ride, fast interior leather is thick never wears. My only gripe is it started using oil at about 160k my other two didnt but oh well."

Electrical Issues

By on Saturday, February 06, 2010

"I bought this car new in 2000 (early release 2001 model) and really like the style and pickup. However there seems to be systemic electrical issues with this car. During the warranty period the sunroof motor went out as well as the alternator. After the warranty I had to change the alternator again and the windows groan and are going up very slowly. I just had my first break job at 80k and 9 years, it cost $430. This cars rear rotors should be replaced each time a break job is done, which adds cost to the job. Of course the check engine light comes on ever once and a while. Took it into pep boys and computer said change the oxygen sensor so I did and it went off for a while. It goes on and off as it wishes I don't pay attention anymore. The last problem was a strange noise when the engine shut off. Sounded like a servo turning on and off. I found out that it was an electrical motor mount going bad. I just un plugged it and notice no difference. Maint manual says there are only 2 settings for the motor mount based on the RPM of the engine. When you look at the engine it appears very complicated and this is an example of that design. Who ever heard of electrical motor mounts! In the end I like the car like I said just has electrical problems."

By on Saturday, January 05, 2008

"I bought my Maxima with 8 miles on it and currently have 120k. So far nothing has broken except for the chip that controls the A/C blower, but it was a two screw repair and $100. The only complaint I have ever had is the noise as the SE has bigger wheels and the road and wind noise is a little bit of a pain. When considering that it was worth $25k new and about $10k now with 120k miles....I can't really complain at all. Great all around car for the money."

Love it!

By on Tuesday, September 04, 2007

"I really don't have any big complaints about this vehicle. I purchased it used in December 2006 with 40,000 miles on it. I have put another 20k on. I drive an hour to work every day, so it's nice to have a car that's good on gas mileage as this car is. Although the summer has been so hot, using all the a/c I do, I get about 23 mpg. On cooler days I get around 30 mpg. What I love best about this car is its speed and handling. I raced the car totally stock in autocross races and consistently beat 350z's, BMW 3 series, and Subaru WRX's. After racing all day, it still drives home like a dream...with five adults in comfort! If I can make it last, I will drive this car forever."

I love this car!!!

By on Thursday, July 12, 2007

"I now have 65000 on my Maxima and I'm ready for my next one. My family loves this car for its roommy interior, hugh trunk, neat features and I love it for its PERFORMANCE. This is a sports car hiding inside the skin of a family car. It's truly a DRIVER's CAR. The performance is unbelieveable for a 5 passenger 4 door family sedan. Even the mileage is good at 20 around town and 26-28 on the highway. The sport suspension is a little stiff for a family car, but I think that's what gives is such good performance in the mountains and flat out on the highway. And flat out is no problem for the Maxima. So, if you like a softer ride Maxima's not for you, but if you like to dirve (hard) and get there in a hurry, this ride's for you. On a recent trip to Las Vegas I had it up and running without any problems or concerns. It was like it was glued to the road. We got there after 9 hours of hard driving and it wasn't even breathing hard. My only regret was buying the 100,000 mile extended warrany. It was a complete waste of money. I've never used it. In fact, the only time I ever raised the hood was to do the regular service. The only problem I've had is a quirky passenger door window that was never bad enough to fix. The only suggestion I can make to Nissan is to improve the comfort level of the seats. and the screwey power seat controls. But this minor compared to the overall car. I love it and will buy another one as soon as I sell this one."

I would buy another one for sure!

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "Powerful and fun to drive. Very dependable"

Cons: "I don't love the turning radius nor torque steer"

"I bought this car with 77k miles on it and it now has nearly 200k and still going strong. I've never had a major problem with it other than the cd player head unit. the engine has always burned a bit of oil but nothing major. Very strong car."

By on Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pros: "Best deal for the money and fun to drive a plus!"

Cons: "CD systems could be better."

"I bought this demo '03 Maxima 1/30/2002. It had 19,000mi at the time.Never had any problems until It approached 190000mi. Had to replace two trans computers.Cost was$1,300.00 ofr repairs.Had to change out all hoses and belts at 100,000mi.I just kept up the maintainence on the car by keeping up with the oowners manual. Kept oil changed regularly.Flushing all liquid systems at 100,000mi.CD quit in 2010,left park light cover cracked. All in all, I just drove it. The 3.5 engine has all the power one needs for any highway. Best car I've ever owned!Sorry,but I have no pics. It is white with a spoiler."

5 speed,3.0L,This car is fast,comfortableafordable

By on Monday, December 05, 2011

Pros: "Quick,comfortable,sporty"

Cons: "Cop magnet, blacked out.140mph speeding ticket."

"I have always loved Maximas there luxurious,sporty,Good price range,Mine is only worth 3,000 dollars and I feel like its worth alot more because of its reliability."

RIP

By on Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pros: "Very peppy, great price, expensive details, roomy."

Cons: "It was a GLE but didn't have heated seats."

"My beautiful Nissan Maxima got totaled by a school bus yesterday (with me in it). I am sure going to miss this car. Never had one problem in 8 years. The interior was beautiful, the leather looked amazing this whole time. I wanted them to fix it but it got crunched from both ends. It held up well in the crash. Wish I could get another one just like it!"