2002 Nissan Maxima

Based on 546 Ratings for the 2000 - 2003 models.

Cons: "Radio electrical."

"2001 Nissan Maxima, I have owned this car for the last 9 years and it has been the most reliable vehicle that I have owned. At over 230K miles it still runs like new. Turns on every morning without any trouble. Only minor electrical problems with the radio and subwoofer of the Bose system. With good maintenance engine and transmission should last another 200k."

Great car!

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pros: "Reliability galore!"

"Bot this car in 2010 used at 50K miles. Been a very reliable vehicle with no major issues. I can't remember any issues at present with the exception of the stainless steel muffler coming unwelded. Cost was $65 to reweld it, after another muffler shop said it had to be replaced for $$$$$. Stainless lasts forever, no need for replacement. I live in WI and this winter has been brutal with wind chills to -47. No problem starting up this 14 yr old car or any other issues. I would buy it all over again, if had the chance."

love my car

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Pros: "It's a powerful, sleek, comfortable, reliable car"

Cons: "Clear coat wore off, coils need to be replaced."

"I bought this in 2009 for $7500 with 85k on it. I'm now at 145K and I plan to keep it until 200K. I love it. Cons: The leather on the shifter has deteriorated, the cruise control doesn't work anymore, I had the stereo replaced, it's seems to leak transmission fluid, and the clear coat on the hood and spoiler has worn away (but I do live in Florida). As for maintenance, I get regular oil changes, I had the radiator replaced and some coils. Those were the costly repairs. After 60k miles, I need new tires. The things I love are the leather, the black on black combo with tinted windows, the power, the value, the manual shift, the 20th Anniversary Edition, the automatic headlights and it handles great. Pros: It's a powerful, sleek, comfortable and reliable car. Yes, I would get another one just like it. Yes, I would get another Maxima or an Altima 3.5, black on black with leather."