2002 Nissan Maxima

Based on 558 Ratings for the 2000 - 2003 models.

Wife's daily driver. Purchased new. No accidents

By on Friday, March 27, 2015

Pros: "Great car"

Cons: "21 to 22 miles to gallon"

"Fine example of Nissans best, we have owned from new 3 Maximas. This vehicle is a daily driver from my wife. She is going to retire and time to sell the vehicle. Need room in the Garage. Always maintained above manufacturers recommendations. Tires have less than 1000 miles on them. Yokahama's best. If you are in need of a dependable daily driver or someones first car this may be your answer, very dependable."

RUN!!!!!

By on Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Pros: "heated seats"

Cons: "most everything else"

"paid $5900 when it had 80,000 miles on it, & put $6500 into this car in less than 4 years. I thought maxima's were good cars. Off the top of my head, I have replaced the compressor, alternator, starter 3X, Tie rods and ball joints 2X, wheel bearings 2X, Exhaust, Radiator, driver window motor 2X, No interior light, possessed stereo, cd player doesn't work, trunk popper doesn't work, key jams in trunk, Belt, O2 sensor, some other sensor, some engine part, and I'm sure there is more that is slipping my mind at this time, never mind wear n tear such as brakes and tires, a $109 key, oil changes etc. I DO NOT RECOMMEND A MAXIMA"

Absolutely Awesome car!!!

By on Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Pros: "A blast, rocketship with 4 doors."

"I bought this car in 2003 from Hertz car sales with 25K miles on it. It is an absolute rocketship, completely dependable, comfortable, a blast to drive, and has our lady of blessed acceleration, having this car means you can blast past anyone, whenever you need to. I feel that this car will probably last me until whenever, and I've just upgraded it over the years, with the latest gadgets, and it has all of the bells and whistles that the new ones do, as well as investing a couple of hundred in putting in a new computer chip for the engine, every few years. I'm on the '12 chip and it now get's 25 city, and well over 30 mpg on the road. It's my baby, and isn't going anywhere soon. Only reason I gave it a nine one the driving dynamic's is it's turning radius isn't as good as it could be, but I'll live."

Great car, reliable, fast, comfy

By on Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Pros: "Comfy, fast, reliable, easy to drive handles well"

Cons: "A few electrical problems nothing serious."

"This would be a great used car. If you can find one in good shape, buy it. Good mileage considering size and power."

this car is a quandry

By on Sunday, December 14, 2014

Pros: "FAST, fun to drive, room for friends and fam."

Cons: "always broken and expensive to fix"

"i love the performance of this car but ever since i got it theres always something that needs to be fixed. if its not a misfire its brakes, if its not brakes its electrical, if its not electrical then the window falls of the track. very disappointing purchase."

Car has heated seats

By on Friday, December 12, 2014

"Car is in excellent condition and no engine problems Never been wrecked. One Owner"

Best vehicle ever owned

By on Thursday, November 13, 2014

Pros: "Great body style, everything works after 14 years"

Cons: "Requires Premium fuel"

"This was my first "luxury" sedan, and third Nissan. Except for the fact that it requires premium fuel, I would give the car a 10 out of 10 rating. It is powerful, comfortable and handles like a sports car. The interior is well-appointed and functional. In my 50 years of driving cars, this one is the best, by far."

The best

By on Tuesday, November 11, 2014

"Have owned this car for 4 yrs and put a lot of miles and have never had to replace or fix anything still run great"

love this car hate to sell but can't get license

By on Monday, November 03, 2014

"Great car still has a lot of life left. great for maxima lovers"

You will love this car its a VQ35

By on Sunday, October 05, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive.. U feel like driving a Nissan GT-R"

Cons: "You can not use cheap gas.. Premium gas only"

"I really love my Maxima 03 GLE.. Its a great car for a daily car and its comfortable to drive several hours"

Best vehicle I have EVER owned!

By on Monday, September 22, 2014

Pros: "Great value for my money!"

Cons: "I wish it had a directional rear view mirror."

"This has been the best car I have ever owned. Less problems and only regular maintenance has been required. I have faithfully changed the oil every three months. It is quiet and handles well. I am exceptionally careful with my Maxima and it has few scratches from doors, but that is all."

This car is like the Energizer bunny

By on Monday, September 22, 2014

Pros: "Sporty and efficient"

Cons: "Suspension noise, annoying check engine light"

"I inherited the 2000 Maxima from my mother and it already had 199k miles. I've put 5k on it so far and I think it will keep going for many years. The car is lightweight with an appropriately powerful engine. It is very fast with acceleration without stressing the engine. The most annoying thing overall is that the check engine light has been on for five years and we've spent hundreds trying to get it to go off. I heard it is normal for the 2000 Maxima, so I don't worry about the light anymore. I have hauled bags of cement and a stack of 2x4 boards home in this car before and it didn't struggle. There is a lot of interior room, which I enjoy. Even big guys like me can enjoy this car."

Excellent vehicle

By on Sunday, August 03, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, reliable."

Cons: "Poor brakes."

"Could not keep brakes on it. Service said it was just that I wasn't used to the brake noise. Had at least 10 brake jobs done, none covered by warranty. Had excessive rust on the body , and even some on the roof!Car ran very well, never left me stranded. Never saw another Maxima with this much rust. Think it was just my car, none reflective of Nissan. Interior held up very well, comfortable car."

At 112K, still a great vehicle!

By on Saturday, July 26, 2014

Pros: "Great handling, more than enough power."

Cons: "Japanese means cheap service."

Low miles, get ahold of me 561-262-3578

"I have a 2000 year model that I purchased, a few months ago and I must say I have always loved the Maxima from this generation. Good quality, sound leather even if it is 15 years old. Engine is strong, trans is full, can't complain about any of it. Wish all cars were built with this quality. Can't find anything that doesn't need work these day's. All offers are considered, let me know."

Low miles, get ahold of me 561-262-3578

I love my car

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

"I love my car I do not have any complaints about Nissan at all several people in my family all drive Nissan's they are all very pleased as well.... I mean come on now my car has gone almost 300k miles!!!"

Improving on my opinion

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, handles well, good power"

Cons: "Premium fuel, could be quieter, basic styling"

"I have owned this car for a year. At first I could not say I liked this car. Now I can say I do. The previous owner put cheap tires on this car and it was very noticeable. The tires were very noisy and vibrated. I would of bet the wheel bearings were bad. Finally I decided to replace the tires. Now this car rides like new. I like a quiet ride and now I got it. It is a little firm ridding, (sport suspension)but comfortable. Handles well and smooth on most roads. Some road noise does enter the cabin but not overwhelming. I also own a 2009 Chevy Impala and my Impala is much quieter than my Maxima. Both cars have their strengths and I like them both. Reliability is said to be good but owning my car for only one year is not long enough to judge. Overall very good car."

very fun to drive. Handles as well as my BMW 528

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Pros: "Best V6 engine made"

Cons: "Had to replace the cylinder injectors, common with"

"Referred to as the poor mans BMW. I also own a BMW 528ix and enjoy driving this car equally. It has more acceleration from 60 - 120 than any car I have owned."

I have been TOTALLY satisfied with this car!

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

"I have loved this car, but it's getting old and thinking about considering a newer car. Probably not another Maxima, but DEFINITELY another Nissan."

Sharp roomy comfort smooth fast handles incredible

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pros: "Quality comfort room and so fun to drive"

Cons: "Paint faded bad but it's Phoenix."

"Stylish and comfortable reliable four door looks great outside big inside too. Bose stereo in dash 6 cd with control buttons on steering wheel. This car idles so quiet and smooth even now with 120k. I've recently seen 3 Craigslist adds for individuals selling these cars still running with over 3 hundred thousand miles! Tough car. Best thing about this car to me is it makes the little boy in me smile when u step on the gas. It GOES! I had a gt mustang 5.0 and I'm telling u the 255 hp six in the maxima (also in z350) is nearly as fast. The car handles like it is magnetized to the ground. Steering is very tight, and precise handling is amazing as well. Good suspension very smooth ride but tight and sporty as well with little to no lean or roll while turning.... Just a real nice car One complaint is here in Phoenix it is hot but the silver paint on my car really faded extremely bad on one side and hood and roof."

Great car, no problems, good gas mileage, lots of

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

"Overall great car. Good gas mileage. Handles well and lots of power, pick-up and reliable."

This car is a trooper!

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "Very comfortable interior."

Cons: "Funky model of its generation from the exterior."

"This car has hung in there with me through long road trips and daily commute traffic. Never had any real major mechanical issues, up until around 200k mark. One of the two radiator fans gave out but caught it on time and prevented the engine from overheating. Camshaft and crankshaft sensors were changed. Engine starts to sound a little rough now but with the current mileage (227k +) one can expect this. Car was always serviced with premium oil changes, premium unleaded even till today, and lots of love. This car has traveled along the western sea board from Mexico to Canada on several occasions and commutes in daily rush hour traffic with me. I am very impressed with the reliability and durability of this car. The commodity from inside is the best and very spacious. The exterior is kinda funky but the interior is awesome, at least my model is. I love this car."

One of the best vehicles I have owned!

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "Very dependable, a pleasure to drive."

Cons: "Wide turn radius"

"I have owned my 2001 SE 20th Anniversary Edition Maxima for a little over 8 years and purchased it from the original owner when it was 5 years old. It has the Bose system and gray leather interior. Dark blue with the factory ground effects that I've only seen on the Anniverary Edition. Through the years I have had to replace a few expensive parts(main computer,MAF sensor,O2 sensors,starter,alternator,struts,wheel bearings),but I would say thats normal up keep on the vehicle. I keep the oil changed when needed. The car is an absolute pleasure to drive! It runs smooth and powerful, and handles the road like a sport sedan should. I prefer the 3.0 motor just because it is such a good running and reliable motor. My first Maxima was a 1999 SE and I would brag on that one just the same. The turning radius on the 2001 is much wider than the '99, which I just had to get use to it. Awsome car!"

Cons: "Radio electrical."

"2001 Nissan Maxima, I have owned this car for the last 9 years and it has been the most reliable vehicle that I have owned. At over 230K miles it still runs like new. Turns on every morning without any trouble. Only minor electrical problems with the radio and subwoofer of the Bose system. With good maintenance engine and transmission should last another 200k."