2001 Nissan Maxima

Based on 562 Ratings for the 2000 - 2003 models.

nice sporty car

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2007

"I like my maxima GLE, but it has kind of an airy noise, or sounds like the window or door is open just a crack in the back right side. It's got power and drives smooth. I've had to replace the brakes, Alternator, catalitic convertor, serpintine belt and the fuel filter. I don't know if this is routine for this many miles... (80,000)"

luxury and speediness!

By on Saturday, January 11, 2014

Pros: "great driving all the way around"

Cons: "not the best on mileage, but it gets 21 a gallon."

"I love this car! It is my first Nissan and it won't be my last! It has just about everything you could want in a car, and the overdrive on it is amazing and saves on gas! You need to go 0 to 50 quick, it'll get you there in seconds! Also, it's comfortable and pretty. :) It has everything you need to feel like you got it all in a car. I'll be looking for another within a year and selling this one."

This was a great 4 door sedan

By on Monday, September 03, 2012

Reason: I didn't sell it. it was impounded.

Pros: "Fun car, great on space, lots of power"

Cons: "Hard to work on, maintenance is expensive."

"this car was great to drive and comfortable on long trips. all the features are well thought out in placement. it is a little expensive to work on. and tires are pricey if u get a model with 16" rims. the vehicle has plenty of power. I had the 5speed and got great gas mileage(18-24). I did enjoy this car till it needed repairs."

One of the best vehicles I have owned!

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "Very dependable, a pleasure to drive."

Cons: "Wide turn radius"

"I have owned my 2001 SE 20th Anniversary Edition Maxima for a little over 8 years and purchased it from the original owner when it was 5 years old. It has the Bose system and gray leather interior. Dark blue with the factory ground effects that I've only seen on the Anniverary Edition. Through the years I have had to replace a few expensive parts(main computer,MAF sensor,O2 sensors,starter,alternator,struts,wheel bearings),but I would say thats normal up keep on the vehicle. I keep the oil changed when needed. The car is an absolute pleasure to drive! It runs smooth and powerful, and handles the road like a sport sedan should. I prefer the 3.0 motor just because it is such a good running and reliable motor. My first Maxima was a 1999 SE and I would brag on that one just the same. The turning radius on the 2001 is much wider than the '99, which I just had to get use to it. Awsome car!"

Love this car

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pros: "Smooth ride. Great sound system. 2 cup holders"

Cons: "Plays one CD. Sensor lights are sensitive."

"We bought this car when it was three years old. It has given us very little problems!!! It has a lot of power and decent gas mileage. We have traveled the country in it. It rides smoothly and looks sharp. It has very little rust."