2000 Nissan Maxima

Based on 563 Ratings for the 2000 - 2003 models.

Best Car...PERIOD

By on Monday, September 15, 2008

"I have 295,000 miles on my 2001 Maxima SE and it's running great. Everything works great. Looking to get 350,000. Best car E've ever owned...PERIOD."

Love it!

By on Tuesday, September 4, 2007

"I really don't have any big complaints about this vehicle. I purchased it used in December 2006 with 40,000 miles on it. I have put another 20k on. I drive an hour to work every day, so it's nice to have a car that's good on gas mileage as this car is. Although the summer has been so hot, using all the a/c I do, I get about 23 mpg. On cooler days I get around 30 mpg. What I love best about this car is its speed and handling. I raced the car totally stock in autocross races and consistently beat 350z's, BMW 3 series, and Subaru WRX's. After racing all day, it still drives home like a dream...with five adults in comfort! If I can make it last, I will drive this car forever."

I love this car!!!

By on Thursday, July 12, 2007

"I now have 65000 on my Maxima and I'm ready for my next one. My family loves this car for its roommy interior, hugh trunk, neat features and I love it for its PERFORMANCE. This is a sports car hiding inside the skin of a family car. It's truly a DRIVER's CAR. The performance is unbelieveable for a 5 passenger 4 door family sedan. Even the mileage is good at 20 around town and 26-28 on the highway. The sport suspension is a little stiff for a family car, but I think that's what gives is such good performance in the mountains and flat out on the highway. And flat out is no problem for the Maxima. So, if you like a softer ride Maxima's not for you, but if you like to dirve (hard) and get there in a hurry, this ride's for you. On a recent trip to Las Vegas I had it up and running without any problems or concerns. It was like it was glued to the road. We got there after 9 hours of hard driving and it wasn't even breathing hard. My only regret was buying the 100,000 mile extended warrany. It was a complete waste of money. I've never used it. In fact, the only time I ever raised the hood was to do the regular service. The only problem I've had is a quirky passenger door window that was never bad enough to fix. The only suggestion I can make to Nissan is to improve the comfort level of the seats. and the screwey power seat controls. But this minor compared to the overall car. I love it and will buy another one as soon as I sell this one."

Easy to Repair, So Much Fun to Drive

By on Monday, September 16, 2013

Pros: "body, interior, fun to drive, keeps its value"

Cons: "turn radius, premium gas"

Beach shot

"I owned my 2003 Maxima GLE for three years, rode it every day to school and work. It was the best car I've driven in my life. Smooth as silk, with enough power to beat a Mustang. The body has stayed in style for ten years, where other sedans look like grandma cars now. Nissan did a great job. The inside was comfortable, almost felt like a luxury car. Drop it into third and give it some gas, and you'll be amazed. It was not perfect - the turn radius is horrible, so parking isn't fun. It needed a lot of parts replaced once it turned 150,000. Front bearings, front and rear shocks, alternator, front sway bar bushings, radiator, and windshield fluid pump all gave out within 15,000 miles. But she was easy to work on, and we did all the repairs ourselves with no problems. She runs best on premium, the engine knocks with 87, and doesn't have as much power with 89/91 as with 93. In the end, the car met its demise in a crash, 30 mph into a stopped vehicle. Airbags deployed, no one was injured. I miss it dearly."

Beach shot

MY THIRD MAXIMA

By on Saturday, November 12, 2011

"Great Car Great Ride, fast interior leather is thick never wears. My only gripe is it started using oil at about 160k my other two didnt but oh well."