2000 Nissan Maxima

Based on 564 Ratings for the 2000 - 2003 models.

One of the best vehicles I have owned!

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "Very dependable, a pleasure to drive."

Cons: "Wide turn radius"

"I have owned my 2001 SE 20th Anniversary Edition Maxima for a little over 8 years and purchased it from the original owner when it was 5 years old. It has the Bose system and gray leather interior. Dark blue with the factory ground effects that I've only seen on the Anniverary Edition. Through the years I have had to replace a few expensive parts(main computer,MAF sensor,O2 sensors,starter,alternator,struts,wheel bearings),but I would say thats normal up keep on the vehicle. I keep the oil changed when needed. The car is an absolute pleasure to drive! It runs smooth and powerful, and handles the road like a sport sedan should. I prefer the 3.0 motor just because it is such a good running and reliable motor. My first Maxima was a 1999 SE and I would brag on that one just the same. The turning radius on the 2001 is much wider than the '99, which I just had to get use to it. Awsome car!"

Still Running Strong with 250K

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "All around great car"

Cons: "Very unassuming interior looks."

"I am just starting process of looking at replacing my beloved Maxima. Test drove a '07 Civic SI Sedan two days ago. I couldnt believe my '00 Maxima kicked that honda's a**. My clutch has never been replaced and it has way better feel and response than the civic that had 108K. The steering was soft and boring in normal street driving. My Max even though it has a little more body roll due to suspension needing replaced at all four corners still reacts faster and pulls through corners at speed. I also drove an '03 A4 with a V6. No comparison to power my 3.0 still has. Thanks Nissan for making an awesome car that I can fit my three kids into comfortably but still have some fun with when its just me."

This was a great 4 door sedan

By on Monday, September 3, 2012

Reason: I didn't sell it. it was impounded.

Pros: "Fun car, great on space, lots of power"

Cons: "Hard to work on, maintenance is expensive."

"this car was great to drive and comfortable on long trips. all the features are well thought out in placement. it is a little expensive to work on. and tires are pricey if u get a model with 16" rims. the vehicle has plenty of power. I had the 5speed and got great gas mileage(18-24). I did enjoy this car till it needed repairs."

Unbelievable

By on Monday, July 30, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, reliable, stylish, great handling"

Cons: "a little hit on gas mileage/ typically gets 28 hwy"

"I have owned this car for over a year now. High mileage at 170,000 but it drives like it is brand new. Very reliable, and proves that Japanese cars are the way to go. I can't believe the car is 12 years old! Not only is this car beautiful, but it drives like a dream. And that engine power is fun too. But what puts this over other V6 SE's is the control the driver has. The design of the car gives you full control over the road. Just an amazing feeling driving this car... people are suprised everytime I tell them its 12 years old. The paint and body looks like new. This design by Nissan is a sure classic. I love it!"

very reliable car

By on Thursday, August 18, 2011

"bought new, intended to trade in in 5/6 years. car is still running like new, no reason to trade in for same car and spend $20-25,000. Nissan builds to good of a car. my 300zx is 22 years old and still runs great."

Best Car...PERIOD

By on Monday, September 15, 2008

"I have 295,000 miles on my 2001 Maxima SE and it's running great. Everything works great. Looking to get 350,000. Best car E've ever owned...PERIOD."

Love it!

By on Tuesday, September 4, 2007

"I really don't have any big complaints about this vehicle. I purchased it used in December 2006 with 40,000 miles on it. I have put another 20k on. I drive an hour to work every day, so it's nice to have a car that's good on gas mileage as this car is. Although the summer has been so hot, using all the a/c I do, I get about 23 mpg. On cooler days I get around 30 mpg. What I love best about this car is its speed and handling. I raced the car totally stock in autocross races and consistently beat 350z's, BMW 3 series, and Subaru WRX's. After racing all day, it still drives home like a dream...with five adults in comfort! If I can make it last, I will drive this car forever."

I love this car!!!

By on Thursday, July 12, 2007

"I now have 65000 on my Maxima and I'm ready for my next one. My family loves this car for its roommy interior, hugh trunk, neat features and I love it for its PERFORMANCE. This is a sports car hiding inside the skin of a family car. It's truly a DRIVER's CAR. The performance is unbelieveable for a 5 passenger 4 door family sedan. Even the mileage is good at 20 around town and 26-28 on the highway. The sport suspension is a little stiff for a family car, but I think that's what gives is such good performance in the mountains and flat out on the highway. And flat out is no problem for the Maxima. So, if you like a softer ride Maxima's not for you, but if you like to dirve (hard) and get there in a hurry, this ride's for you. On a recent trip to Las Vegas I had it up and running without any problems or concerns. It was like it was glued to the road. We got there after 9 hours of hard driving and it wasn't even breathing hard. My only regret was buying the 100,000 mile extended warrany. It was a complete waste of money. I've never used it. In fact, the only time I ever raised the hood was to do the regular service. The only problem I've had is a quirky passenger door window that was never bad enough to fix. The only suggestion I can make to Nissan is to improve the comfort level of the seats. and the screwey power seat controls. But this minor compared to the overall car. I love it and will buy another one as soon as I sell this one."

Easy to Repair, So Much Fun to Drive

By on Monday, September 16, 2013

Pros: "body, interior, fun to drive, keeps its value"

Cons: "turn radius, premium gas"

Beach shot

"I owned my 2003 Maxima GLE for three years, rode it every day to school and work. It was the best car I've driven in my life. Smooth as silk, with enough power to beat a Mustang. The body has stayed in style for ten years, where other sedans look like grandma cars now. Nissan did a great job. The inside was comfortable, almost felt like a luxury car. Drop it into third and give it some gas, and you'll be amazed. It was not perfect - the turn radius is horrible, so parking isn't fun. It needed a lot of parts replaced once it turned 150,000. Front bearings, front and rear shocks, alternator, front sway bar bushings, radiator, and windshield fluid pump all gave out within 15,000 miles. But she was easy to work on, and we did all the repairs ourselves with no problems. She runs best on premium, the engine knocks with 87, and doesn't have as much power with 89/91 as with 93. In the end, the car met its demise in a crash, 30 mph into a stopped vehicle. Airbags deployed, no one was injured. I miss it dearly."

Beach shot

MY THIRD MAXIMA

By on Saturday, November 12, 2011

"Great Car Great Ride, fast interior leather is thick never wears. My only gripe is it started using oil at about 160k my other two didnt but oh well."