2000 Nissan Maxima

Based on 559 Ratings for the 2000 - 2003 models.

Love this car

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pros: "Smooth ride. Great sound system. 2 cup holders"

Cons: "Plays one CD. Sensor lights are sensitive."

"We bought this car when it was three years old. It has given us very little problems!!! It has a lot of power and decent gas mileage. We have traveled the country in it. It rides smoothly and looks sharp. It has very little rust."

10 yrs old, 184k miles and still a blast to drive

By on Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Pros: "great to drive, with the 6 speed manual"

Cons: "some cabin noise"

"Hard to find fault with this car. Even after 11 years and 184,000 miles, I still enjoy driving it. The sporty suspenion is so much more fun to drive than competitors, and the 6 speed manual makes it. Period. The 255 horses are still very strong and gives you plenty of passing power, regardless of where you are (on a winding country road, or running 80 mph on an interstate and need to get around someone). Comfort is good, with good seat bolsters. Both the interior and exterior have aged well (I have taken good care of this, but again, not all of this can be attributed to the owner)."

Unbelievable

By on Monday, July 30, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, reliable, stylish, great handling"

Cons: "a little hit on gas mileage/ typically gets 28 hwy"

"I have owned this car for over a year now. High mileage at 170,000 but it drives like it is brand new. Very reliable, and proves that Japanese cars are the way to go. I can't believe the car is 12 years old! Not only is this car beautiful, but it drives like a dream. And that engine power is fun too. But what puts this over other V6 SE's is the control the driver has. The design of the car gives you full control over the road. Just an amazing feeling driving this car... people are suprised everytime I tell them its 12 years old. The paint and body looks like new. This design by Nissan is a sure classic. I love it!"

very reliable car

By on Thursday, August 18, 2011

"bought new, intended to trade in in 5/6 years. car is still running like new, no reason to trade in for same car and spend $20-25,000. Nissan builds to good of a car. my 300zx is 22 years old and still runs great."

Easy to Repair, So Much Fun to Drive

By on Monday, September 16, 2013

Pros: "body, interior, fun to drive, keeps its value"

Cons: "turn radius, premium gas"

Beach shot

"I owned my 2003 Maxima GLE for three years, rode it every day to school and work. It was the best car I've driven in my life. Smooth as silk, with enough power to beat a Mustang. The body has stayed in style for ten years, where other sedans look like grandma cars now. Nissan did a great job. The inside was comfortable, almost felt like a luxury car. Drop it into third and give it some gas, and you'll be amazed. It was not perfect - the turn radius is horrible, so parking isn't fun. It needed a lot of parts replaced once it turned 150,000. Front bearings, front and rear shocks, alternator, front sway bar bushings, radiator, and windshield fluid pump all gave out within 15,000 miles. But she was easy to work on, and we did all the repairs ourselves with no problems. She runs best on premium, the engine knocks with 87, and doesn't have as much power with 89/91 as with 93. In the end, the car met its demise in a crash, 30 mph into a stopped vehicle. Airbags deployed, no one was injured. I miss it dearly."

Beach shot