2000 Nissan Maxima

Based on 558 Ratings for the 2000 - 2003 models.

this car is okay but needs work

By on Sunday, December 02, 2012

Pros: "leather interier, power everything, sunroof."

Cons: "power steering leak. motor mounts breaking"

"This car is okay, but it needs work. I just replaced the battery (3 year) and it died on me again. it sputters everytime i start it up in the morning. I think the problem is the alternator, not sure yet though. the motor mounts are breaking and the power steering is leaking. thats all that i know of that is wrong with it. i will show pictures once you email me."

Good car, but has flaws.

By on Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pros: "Quick, classy, sporty"

Cons: "expensive, hard to work on, no back seat,"

"This was my first car i bought with 69,000 miles on it from a dealer. It has always been fun to drive and quick on the road. Great bose stero, and easy controls for everything to work. Interior has held up very well and I still drive the car today. That said, here are flaws: around 90,000 miles a ping started in the engin between 1500, and 2300 rpms that for the life of me and all the shops i take it to can not figure out, it is annoying and always makes me wonder how long the car will hold up. Tires are eaten quick, regardless of how you drive. A new headlight buld is well over 150 bucks, so maintenance on the car all around is expensive. Tranny is good and the car still is a rocket, but it can be expensive. No rust or paint flaws, and it is not a garage kept car. The interior is a great ride, mainly for the front seats, good view, easy reach for things. Back seat however has little to no head room because of the sun roof slide back. The car does not like to hold 4 full grown adults, you will feel the suspension bottom out on large bumps, and thats with new struts (replaced 3,000 miles ago). Additionally, with 4 adults, the car does not like to stop too quick. I have always thought the brakes for this car were slightly undersized. Just my thoughts. I dont think I would jump at buying another maxima, but i wouldnt rule it out."

This was a great 4 door sedan

By on Monday, September 03, 2012

Reason: I didn't sell it. it was impounded.

Pros: "Fun car, great on space, lots of power"

Cons: "Hard to work on, maintenance is expensive."

"this car was great to drive and comfortable on long trips. all the features are well thought out in placement. it is a little expensive to work on. and tires are pricey if u get a model with 16" rims. the vehicle has plenty of power. I had the 5speed and got great gas mileage(18-24). I did enjoy this car till it needed repairs."

Such a great vehicle

By on Saturday, August 25, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, great gas mileage for a sports car"

Cons: "Can't think of any"

"I bought this vehicle new in 2003 and it has 196,000 miles on it now. Besides changing the oil, tires and other normal wear, it has been maintenance free. Still getting 30+ MPG highway and averaging 26.5 MPG on a tank of gas. Slight reduction in engine power at this age but still lots of kick. Interior has held up great. Only wear is small crack in leather on drivers seat, I wore through the drivers floor mat with my shoes and the stick shift leather cover pulled away from seam. I would definitely buy another Maxima, new or used."

love my maxima

By on Saturday, August 25, 2012

Pros: "everthing"

Cons: "nothing"

"love my maxima i just love it and its my 3rd maxima frome nissin"

Very good car

By on Sunday, August 12, 2012

"I bought this car as a certified pre-owned vehicle from a Nissan dealer and it has been very dependable. The maintenance that was required was relatively reasonable. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone!"

Unbelievable

By on Monday, July 30, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, reliable, stylish, great handling"

Cons: "a little hit on gas mileage/ typically gets 28 hwy"

"I have owned this car for over a year now. High mileage at 170,000 but it drives like it is brand new. Very reliable, and proves that Japanese cars are the way to go. I can't believe the car is 12 years old! Not only is this car beautiful, but it drives like a dream. And that engine power is fun too. But what puts this over other V6 SE's is the control the driver has. The design of the car gives you full control over the road. Just an amazing feeling driving this car... people are suprised everytime I tell them its 12 years old. The paint and body looks like new. This design by Nissan is a sure classic. I love it!"

Great car.

By on Sunday, May 06, 2012

Pros: "Good car for price."

Cons: "Gas mileage."

"Only problem in 12 years is a muffler and 1 battery"

The best I have ever owned!!!

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

"I have owned Mercedes, Jeep, Ford, Chevy, Toyota and this Nissan maxima out classed them all! the best gas mileage the best comfort and it looks so classy even at ten years old. I am the second owner of this car and I have only had to do oil changes, brakes and tires. This car ROCKS!"

Great car for the money. .

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "Fast, fun, and stylish"

Cons: "I had to repeatedly replace the brakes and rotors."

"The 2001 Maxima GLE was stylish, fun, fast, comfortable. I would definitely buy another one. I've had this one for 8 years now."

very roomy lots of leg room

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

"I really like the interior design, nice car."

Lots of mechanical electrical front end problems

By on Friday, March 16, 2012

I own this car

Pros: "Love the moon roof"

Cons: "Terrible gas mileage too many problems in general"

"Bought it used next car will be new"

Max has been a good boy!

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pros: "Fast, dependable, fun"

Cons: "None really"

"I bought my 2003 Maxima GXE new in 2003. It was one of the last of this generations model that was built in Japan and that the dealership was going to get in which is one of the main reasons I went ahead and bought it. I traded in my 1989 Maxima with 115K (another superb car which was still running great). The 2003 model is scary quick and powerful (hold onto the steering wheel if you romp down on the accelerator due to the torque steer). It has not given me any problems at all. Just scheduled maintenance and brake replacement is all that it has required. I run mid grade and don't notice any degraded performance. Get's aroung 26 mpg on the average which is not bad for a car this much fun to drive. Handles great and the ride is acceptably comfortable. Classic good looks compared to most of the cars nowadays. Stock sound system sounds great has been good except the CD player gets discs stuck in it. Glad I bought the car and will drive it for several more years. Still looks almost like new inside and pretty much outside (usual rock chips and parking lot dings). Don't care for the newest model Maximas (drove one) so it will be hard to replace this one when the time comes."

Amazing car!

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "Great value, excellent fuel economy for size/power"

Cons: "Firm ride, wind noise"

"My father bought the 2003 Maxima SE new, I bought it from him. The car has been very reliable. In its 157000 mile life, the only non-wear items I've had to replace are engine mounts and alternator. Fuel economy has been remarkable for a car of this size and performance. I average between 24 and 25 MPG. On highway trips I've seen as good as 30 MPG for a tank. Other than wear items, everything is original. The air still blows cold, and heater hot. I have replaced the struts, breaks, belts, etc. I also had to replace the radiator, thanks to a rock. Rear seat room is excellent. On trips from TX to NY, my daughters would prefer to take my Maxima over my father's Audi A4. And, even with 157000 miles on it, I would not hesitate to make the trip. If you are looking to buy one, I would highly recommend one."

I would buy another one for sure!

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "Powerful and fun to drive. Very dependable"

Cons: "I don't love the turning radius nor torque steer"

"I bought this car with 77k miles on it and it now has nearly 200k and still going strong. I've never had a major problem with it other than the cd player head unit. the engine has always burned a bit of oil but nothing major. Very strong car."

Still Running Strong with 250K

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "All around great car"

Cons: "Very unassuming interior looks."

"I am just starting process of looking at replacing my beloved Maxima. Test drove a '07 Civic SI Sedan two days ago. I couldnt believe my '00 Maxima kicked that honda's a**. My clutch has never been replaced and it has way better feel and response than the civic that had 108K. The steering was soft and boring in normal street driving. My Max even though it has a little more body roll due to suspension needing replaced at all four corners still reacts faster and pulls through corners at speed. I also drove an '03 A4 with a V6. No comparison to power my 3.0 still has. Thanks Nissan for making an awesome car that I can fit my three kids into comfortably but still have some fun with when its just me."

Powerful Reliable Sporty Car

By on Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Pros: "Looks"

Cons: "Actually, nothing."

"I bought this car Feb 12, 2011. Its about to be one year of being the owner. Reminder! That this is a used 2002 car. 1) Very realiable. 2)decent gas milage about 280 miles per tank during the cold winter and 330 in the warm summer. 3)Love to look and design of the Maxima SE 4) Factory HID headlights and fog lights and the 225/50/17 wheels although kinda pricy to buy tires for. 5)I just like the overall look. 6) Bought miles at 127,154. Current miles are 141,300."

Great drive and very comfortable

By on Saturday, February 04, 2012

Pros: "comfortable"

Cons: "Tires are expensive"

"Love the heated seats and steering wheel. It's a great drive."

2nd Nissan Maxima I've Owned

By on Saturday, February 04, 2012

Pros: "Great gas mileage, great car all together"

Cons: "Can't think of any cons"

"Loved my 1988 Maxima and bought this 2002 new and fully loaded. I haven't had a problem with it in 10 years, love it and think it is still better made than the newer ones. Great car for anyone as long as you maintain it just like you should any car. Handles great, smooth ride, Bose sound system - the car has been a love of mine all this time. If you come across one that is in great condition and need a reliable car, seriously consider it. Not to mention, the gas tank is larger than most sadans its size and I usually can go over 400 miles on a tank of gas!"

By on Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pros: "Best deal for the money and fun to drive a plus!"

Cons: "CD systems could be better."

"I bought this demo '03 Maxima 1/30/2002. It had 19,000mi at the time.Never had any problems until It approached 190000mi. Had to replace two trans computers.Cost was$1,300.00 ofr repairs.Had to change out all hoses and belts at 100,000mi.I just kept up the maintainence on the car by keeping up with the oowners manual. Kept oil changed regularly.Flushing all liquid systems at 100,000mi.CD quit in 2010,left park light cover cracked. All in all, I just drove it. The 3.5 engine has all the power one needs for any highway. Best car I've ever owned!Sorry,but I have no pics. It is white with a spoiler."

10 years later I still love this car.

By on Saturday, January 28, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, great styling, crisp handling, quick"

Cons: "Uses premium fuel"

"This was a great purchase back in '01. When I needed to replace my Honda Accord, I found the new models to be boring and less car for the money. I bought my Maxima for a change of pace, even though it was a little pricey. It turned out to be a bit more expensive to maintain as well, but it has been very reliable, always starts right up, and a great car to drive, sounds and runs smooth. Overall I've been pleased with my vehicle purchases and this one is no exception. It does call for premium gasoline, but with fuel around four dollars per gallon it's not such a big deal."

Love it!

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Cons: "Outside sounds come in."

"Love it!"

Great Car!!! Had since new

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, very reliable"

Cons: "tires leak a bit (very slow)"

"I'm an adult driver. I don't take care of the car like I should, sure I get the oil changed every 4-5K miles, but that is about all I have done. Normal items of course have been done, tires and brakes. The only out of the ordinary thing was I had the front bearing replaced at around 100K miles and also the exhaust pipe reattached to some bracket under the car (common issue w/ maximas, only $40 at carx). Overall, great Car and very reliable. Come to think of it, the tires leak because of "corrosion" on the original alloy wheels around the seal with the tire. If I were guarenteed only these problems within the first 10 years of ownership, I would buy a new car today."

This has been one of my all time favorite cars.

By on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

"I love the 5 speed, the car has a very good ride and handles like a sports car. Has been extremely reliable and held up well. I will buy another one. With the changing times I'd like better gas mileage."

love this car

By on Friday, January 13, 2012

Pros: "good handling, great engine, very reliable"

"Great value. I've had 3 Maxima's over 25 years, all have been fantastic! I drove Fords and GM before that, but I much prefer the Nissan's now (Maxima, Altima, Infiniti)."