1999 Nissan Maxima

Based on 519 Ratings for the 1995 - 1999 models.

Thank you Nissan for truly the best car I've owned

By on Monday, November 26, 2012

Pros: "Will last for ever!!!"

Cons: "No cup holders in back seat :/ poor ppl back there"

Taken right now as a wright this review

"This car I bought new off the show room floor back in 1998, since then I have put on 230k miles on it this truly has been the best car I've ever had, yea I've had to replace the normal wear and tear items but you're have to do the same with any car after this many years!!! A few winters ago I ran into a deer with this my 98 Maxima at 30mph and I have to say the over all strength if this car is amazing! Just needed a headlight and vert minor damage to the hood, this is a car I wish I could give to my kids ands who knows maybe they will :) I haven't plan to ever get rid go this car in the near feature!!! I love the interior look of this car as well a and the leather still looks new!!! Envy thing still works radio, power seats, windows, moonroof, a/c (never been recharged), heat, mirrors, everything is perfect! Only bad thing is there is a wear spot on the drivers floor mat Keep in mind I had this when I was a teenager and you know how we where back then with our cars"

Taken right now as a wright this review

234,000 miles best on the market in that year

By on Friday, June 15, 2012

Pros: "very good engine still have the original in it."

Cons: "interior a little cheap"

"very little maintenance, very reliable, my daughter now has it and she loves it, and it is still running well. Thanks Nissan take lessons American Car Builders."

Great investment!

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

"Only my second car but I've had no problems with it and being a teenager I've put it through it's paces. I love taking it on five hour drives to my relatives house. It's extremely comfortable and fun to drive. It still pulls hard and runs exceptionally well for having 167000 miles on it."

I just bought this vehicle at an auction....

By on Sunday, February 05, 2012

Pros: "Manual Transmission makes this a zippy. fun car to"

Cons: "None whatsoever!"

"I recently got in an accident with my 97 Maxima, and was so pleased with that vehicle that I decided to purchase another Maxima. When you buy from an auction, you can't test drive the vehicles, but I trusted that buying another Nissan would be a wise decision. And I was right! The value of the newly purchased 1998 Maxima is 2x more than what I paid for it! I would recommend this vehicle to anyone that wants a safe, reliable vehicle"

Fun Car to Drive

By on Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pros: "Like everything about it."

Cons: "None come to mind."

"Racked up the 234,000 miles myself. Still a very reliable, fun car. Great on gas, never had any problems with the 5-speed manual transmission, never had to add oil between oil changes, and has a lot of get up and go. Had trouble with CD player in the beginning while still under warranty and dealership replaced it without any problem."

Best car I've ever owned. Period.

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Set the bar too high for the next car I buy"

"I've had this car for 15 years and all I did was change the oil and do routine maintenance. That's it. It looks great, it's fast, and I haven't made a payment on it in 12 years. Pretty hard to beat that."

Amazing Vehicle

By on Thursday, January 27, 2011

"This was the first and only car I have ever owned. My dad purchased it used with 6,000 miles back in 1995. I drove it through high school, college, and now the beginning of my career. It's allowed me to save thousands of dollars while my friends bought new cars. I currently have 172,000 miles on it and it runs great! I put 20,000 miles on it this year alone without ever fearing it would break down on me. I get 20 city/25 highway. Regular maintenance should keep it running to at least 250,000. The only major repair was replacing the ECM to get the check engine light off, and that was only $500, essentially a car payment for a new car. I feel like this car pays me to drive it! I LOVE it! Get one!!11!"

BEST CAR I'VE EVER OWNED

By on Wednesday, September 16, 2009

"I'M 61 years old, got my first car at 17 and have owned more than a dozen cars since then, and my 1997 Maxima is by far the best I've ever owned. I bought my GLE in October 1999 when it was 2 years old with 35,000 miles on the odometer. Gorgeous rosewood exterior with black leather interior; climate control that still works perfectly, sun roof, Bose sound system. Car now has 180,000 miles on it and still runs like new. I can leave anything but Corvettes and Porsches eating my dust from a dead stop, it's that fast. I've replaced the altinator and a couple of sensors. These cars are notorious for faulty sensor readings. "Check engine" light comes on but car runs fine. Then a few months later the light goes off. A minor annoyance. Bose CD player crapped out a few years back but I blame that on Bose, not on Nissan. Put in aftermarket system hooked up to original speakers and it plays fine. This car is still nimble and fun to drive. People ask why I don't buy a new Maxima but I like my old one better and it still looks like a new car. It's like an old friend and it will be a sad day in my life when I have to give say 'good-bye.' This is truly one of the best cars ever made."

Best car overall sub-2000 years

By on Monday, February 09, 2009

"the 99 max rocks. Powerful , great handling on the SE model, very nice comfy heated leath seats.. a pleasure to drive. This car used offers more value than many new cars on the market."

Maxine I will never part with you!

By on Friday, February 06, 2009

"I can't say enough good things about this car. I've had my 95 Max (5 speed manual) for 13 years, purchased it used with 7K miles. I now have 300,000 miles, unbelievable! No major repairs done. Replaced altenator, cv boots, other than that, normal wear and tear. Same clutch. I just put it on the highway 1 month ago, 750 miles round trip, performed flawless. Although I take it easy with her, she does not hesitate when I accelerate. I do have a very small oil leak, I will be replacing power steering pump and struts soon. Best car I ever had! I hope to get 400K out of her!"

Awesome Car

By on Thursday, February 05, 2009

"I've owned two 1997 Maximas in the last nine years. My first Maxima (GXE) experience was so positive, I got another one (GLE). I have put over 200,000 miles on these two Maximas. Fun to drive, this car has not given me any hassel--except for the engine light sensor. I still get over 30 mpg on highways. I would recommend this car to any of my friends in a heart beat."

Not bad

By on Saturday, January 31, 2009

"I've had my car for a year now. It's been a great vehicle. Not many repairs done just oil changes, new alternator, the cd player didn't play half the time, and the knock sensors and EGR valve are going bad @ 141k miles. Great for a small family! Heated seats are nice and the sound quality of the stereo is GREAT! I would recommend this vehicle to anyone."

Greatest car ever

By on Thursday, December 11, 2008

"I bought my 1996 Nissan Maxima brand new and have never been as happy with a car as this one, that's why I don't sell it! The gas mileage is 18 or 19 in the city, 30 on the highway. No defects. The maintenance stuff is the only money we have spent on this car. It gets a 5 star from me."

One Fine Ride

By on Thursday, November 13, 2008

"I have a 99 Max that is probably the best car I've owned and Ive had some good ones. It can develop coil problems but they are easy to change and other than that, it is a great ride. With my leather climate controlled interior, sat radio and BOSE and a good set of Yokos, it is my santuary, the place where I clear my head. My job gave me a free company vehicle, gas and all and I really didnt want it because I love driving my max period."

Outstanding auto

By on Monday, November 03, 2008

"I will always buy Nissan after owning two!"

Great deal

By on Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"The best, most reliable car in the world! bought mine at 179,000 about a year ago for $500. That what you call a good deal. I have got about 184,000 on it now and it still runs real strong and gets great gas mileage. I would recommend this car to anyone. It's is roomy enough for a family and sporty enough for a 16 year old."

Best I've had for nearly 20 years

By on Tuesday, September 30, 2008

"A very satisfactory, fun-to-drive car. Gas mileage high 20's to mid 30's, excellent handling, smooth shifter, smooth-as-silk engine -- and all this bought used with 112,000 on the odometer (from the original owner, a friend)."

It keeps going, and going...

By on Sunday, September 07, 2008

"Very dependable vehicle! We just sold our 96 Maxima with over 205,000 miles on it. In the 9 years we owned the car we had to make very few repairs. Replacing the alternator & starter were the biggest repairs needed and we were able to do that ourselves. All in all, easy and inexpensive to maintain. We would have kept it, but with a growing family we needed something larger. I would have bought another Nissan if they weren't so expensive to insure in NC!"

Nice first car or commuter

By on Thursday, August 28, 2008

"I have had my Nissan for two years and it is everything I could ask for in a first car. And a used one is a good price. Mine had 152,000 miles on it and it was $2400! I love that. Now it has 175,000 and it is still going strong. Nice buy for anyone, but a good first car."

Best bang for your buck!

By on Thursday, July 10, 2008

"This care is a pure gem. At the time, there was no car that was more well equiped or higher quality at that kind of price than the 97 Maxima. This car handles like a dream, has potent speed and pickup, is fuel efficient, the seats feel like you're sitting on your couch and the sound system will knock the block off any other car out there(including any Maxima produced after 1999). This baby has served me well for 12 years and now I'm crying crocodile tears that I have to let it go. However, it is definitely safe to say that I got my moneys worth out this treasure of car."

Best car ever

By on Thursday, June 12, 2008

"I have had this car since 2000, Got it with 25,000 miles now it has 251,000 and still no leak from engine or tranny. I have replace the starter a few time. TIP you need to replace with a NISSAN oem starter. Part store starter do not work correct you will replace them ever year. Replaced the alternator 2x. Normal brake replacement and tires. Still has the POP when you hit the gas. Changed the oil every 7-8000 miles. I do have a lot of highway miles. Best car I have ever own in 30 years."

Extremly Reliable

By on Monday, June 09, 2008

"I had this car for 8 years and everything works just like the day I bought it. wuold consider buying another one if anything ever happen to this one"

best car I've ever owned

By on Sunday, June 01, 2008

"I think about trading in my 1999 Nissan Maxima, but can't stand the thought of letting it go. It's been such a great car. I've had it for five years now. It still rides as smoothly and quietly as when I first bought it used in 03, it's now got 123,000 miles on it but feels like a new car. It's fun to drive, and the driver's seat is extremely comfortable. The engine's power is awesome, feels like I could fly sometimes, yet holds the road well. It's a great car!!!!"

Great car

By on Friday, January 18, 2008

"I bought this car with 93,000 off a lease and have had it for the past four years. I live in new jersey and i have taken it from canada to florida several times always without incident. Other than brakes tires and oil i have changed the half axels but thats it and she has 168,000 right now. I drive this car everywhere...definately not the prettiest girl at the dance but one you can take home to mom. I would recommend this car for any one who is looking but i would suggest that you get the 5sp as it is the cheapest and most fun to drive. There is absolutely nothing that can kill this car...believe me ive definately abused her and she takes it like a champ!"

Highly recommend this vehicle

By on Sunday, January 13, 2008

"I originally bought this car used from a dealership. I have owned it for the last 7 yrs and have never encountered ANY major problems. Besides a recalled transmission part, I have only had to do maintenance like oil changes, brakes, etc. This vehicle has served my family well. Out of the 5 cars that we have owned, we have kept this one the longest because of its reliability and performance. Not only has it served us well for local use but it has also performed to its capacity during long distance trips. Hope you enjoy yours as much as we have!"