1999 Nissan Maxima

Based on 517 Ratings for the 1995 - 1999 models.

Best Commuting Car Ever

By on Monday, January 28, 2008

"I have had this car since new and it now has 192000 miles on it. The only problem I have ever had with it is the alternator failed and had to be replaced for a grand total of $248 including parts and labor. It gets 26-29 miles per gallon depending on what kind of driving you are doing and it rides quite nicely. I purchased a newer Lexus GS430, but have kept the Maxima for a backup and for longer trips that I don't want to rack up the miles on the Lexus for. This was the second Maxima that I will have seen go over 200K miles. My mom had an 88 nissan maxima and put 220K miles on it before she got rid of it, and it was still going strong. These are really great cars."

Best vehicl ever.

By on Thursday, November 21, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, comfortable, great on gas, great pickup"

"Bought new. Never once had any issues, other than routine maintenance. Very dependable, rides like a dream and the features and options still work perfectly and has been the best car I have ever purchased new."

i love it, simple as that

By on Friday, March 29, 2013

Pros: "you could smoke this one , no problem"

Cons: "heated seats would"bn nicer"

"the only major thing i had to change on this beauty it was the air flow sensor. but after that it runs just like it had a perfect surgery done on it. it has over two hundred thousand of miles on it and let me be fair to the newer cars , i can still put up with you no prob. its absolutely worth its money no question about it. if i have to do it again i will still buy the same car. thanks @ good luck to you..., please change your oils /on time / always"

Great Car!

By on Sunday, December 07, 2008

"I bought the 1996 SE new in April 1996 with the 5 speed manual transmission, and it currenlty has a little less than 63,000 miles. In many ways it is still like a new car. I recently made a 2200 mile round trip, mostly interstate, of a couple of weeks and the average gas mileage was 34.5 mpg -- some 400-500 mile stretches of pure interstate were over 39 mpg. Normal maintenance costs have been surprisingly low except for the 30,000 and 60,000 mile packages which are about what I expected, several hundred $ each. Only problem is that the CD player died at about four years into its life -- the cassette player and AM/FM Stereo still work fine. Runs great with plenty of power for entrance ramps and is roomy for my needs. Best all-around car of my life, and this is my fifth. Customer service guy at my local Nissan Service Dept. wants to buy it -- it would be a steal at the KBB value."

LoveMyMax

By on Saturday, November 29, 2008

"I bought this car new in Sept '95. It has 180,000 miles and is unbelieveable. At 13+ years its finally showing a little age, but the reliability of this car is beyond compare. If you service this car regularly it will run forever. The only defect this vehicle ever had was a front wheel bearing, which was a known issue in nissans of this period. If you can find a '96 max someone is willing to part with, you may potentially have a great car."

Love this Maxima

By on Friday, November 07, 2008

"Just bought a 95 GLE nissan maxima yesterday with only 125,000 miles on it, it blows dodge out of the water considering the dodges i had gave out at this point but this car has serious power and extreme luxury with wood grain dashboard and leather upholstery i would consider this to any one with a family of two kids or just for a teenage boy getting his first car. Only problem i have with it is the antenna because it retracts when you turn the car off and makes a clicking sound, but i plan to tune the car up and change the transmission fluid tomorrow because if you keep this vehicle maintained it will last you, my friend has a 95 nissan maxima like myself and hes put 525,000 miles or more on it so far and still out runs the newer cars today, he just likes to drive alot but seriosuly this car is my dream car!!!"

Extremely Reliable and Fun

By on Wednesday, November 07, 2007

"I've had this car since 2000 and have 230,000 miles on it now. Pretty easy to work on to be a Japanese car. Extremely reliable to have so many miles. I've done all regular maintenance accept a clutch and water pump at 200K, main pulley at 150K, and CV Joints at 120K. It always wears the tires very even. It's only left me stranded one time with a broken idler pulley. Had to replace the starter twice, but that's a very easy bolt on. Very impressive straight line acceleration but shows it's family side during turns. The Nissan VQ engine is very tough to beat. It's a joy to drive even at 12 years old with the 5 speed still catching 2nd gear! Would've liked a limited slip because I've been stuck a few times trying to climb hills in the snow. This would definitely be a great used car. I would recommend it to anyone that needs the extra space but doesn't want to sacrifice the driving fun. I'd like a truck right now, but can't find a reason to sell it because it won't break."

Great car

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"I have owned two of this particular vehicle, and they are fantastic cars. Very reliable, good combination of power and fuel efficiency (gets 27 MPG in city driving, 30 highway, yet has plenty of power and acceleration). I would highly recommend them to anyone."

This car is a godsend!

By on Thursday, September 05, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, dependable, easy to maintain."

Cons: "Clock and radio light faded away. Oh darn..."

"When I bought this car six years ago, it only had 75,000 miles on it. Now, I got it up to 129,000 and it is as dependable as ever. With routine maintenance there is no reason she couldn't last at least ten more years. It's a smooth ride with good power and maneuverability. I recently inherited a car from '03 with less mileage, and I'm going to stick with my Maxima."

I love driving this car

By on Monday, January 07, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Not easy to repair common issues ie water pump"

"My father in-law gave this car to us because it had been stolen and returned in poor condition. Tires and parts were swapped out rather than stolen which was weird. Despite those issues it always kept running. Proved to be very reliable. Not easy to work on for a "do it yourself" beginner and a moderate do it yourself mechanic would have some trouble. Basic tune up and oil changes are a piece of cake anything more than that I would recommend an auto shop. It's very easy to handle on the road with a sport car sedan feel to it. With 224k miles it still has plenty of power and smooth idol. You can never get tired of driving this car because of the way it handles the road in all conditions. A great second car or for a student with limited cash for repairs."