1998 Nissan Maxima

Based on 524 Ratings for the 1995 - 1999 models.

Worth every dollar!

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2008

"My 1995 Maxima has just rolled 260,000 miles on it. No, that's NOT a "typo," it's really got that many miles on it. I took it in just today for new brake pads, etc. and every mechanic there came over to "see to believe" how amazing this car still looks, runs and performs for its' age. I bought this car used last year from its' original owner. They kept perfect maintenance records for it and gave it the respect it deserves. My 19 year old daughter doesn't truly understand what a "prize" she drives every day. I do offer to trade her for my 2005 Tucson, but she says gas is too expensive.... imagine that!"

Never An Issue

By on Sunday, July 22, 2007

"After totalling my Honda Accord in 2003, I was looking for another Accord. My friend is a Sales Manager at a dealership, and while I was test driving Hondas, he heard that I was a huge fan of Maximas. He informed me that he had just acquired a 1999 Maxima SE as a trade in. The car had never seen the winter, and only had 22k mikes on it, with only one previous owner. I still have this car, and it has been everything I could ask for and more. I now have 145,000 miles on it, and beyond some minor exhaust/tailpipe repair, and some brake work, I have never had an issue with it. The brake work was primarily because of winter usage and the open alloy rims. Other than that, $800-1000 is not much to spend on a car that I have put over 100k on in 3-4 years. I love it and will most likely be a Nissan buyer for life."

Bought a week ago. I love it

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "Awesome drive, sporty for a sedan"

"Ive never owned nor particularly ever liked Nissan. I bought this as a secondary vehicle. Originally looking at older Lexus and BMW. Went to look at a 92 Lexus and came home with my 96 Maxima. Comfort and luxury wise it is right up there with the Lexus. The leather and woodgrain dont look cheap or like theyre just an add on. Only thing ive replaced so far is an A/C trim bezel that was broken when i bought the car. Cheap and easy fix thanks to ebay. For an 18 year old car it has aged gracefully."

great car! 240K miles

By on Saturday, September 28, 2013

Pros: "car wont die"

Cons: "rust"

"I have a 5 speed with 240k miles on mine and its still going strong. Has lots of power and gets good gas mileage. I have beat on this car for years and it just wont die. Only prob is rust everywhere! if you can keep it garaged it would run forever wish I could keep it to see how many more miles it will get. Sad to see it go"

Loved this car, hate to say goodbye

By on Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pros: "Dependable--- 250.000 miles and the ENGINE is fine"

Cons: "Not sporty"

"My first impression was that it was a little stodgy, not as sporty as my 1991 Nissan. But it has grown on me, and has been unbelievably dependable. Now, the electronics are slowly going haywire--- the door locks, the automatic windows, etc--- and it is going to cost more to fix than it's worth. But I have driven brand new rental cars on vacation, usually economy cars, and when I get home I think, good heavens, this old beater still drives better than those new ones!"

Love this car!

By on Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pros: "Long life"

Cons: "Gas mileage ( but the power is worth it)"

"This is my first car, I got it used at around 150,000 miles. It has been such a champ for me. The coils are starting to go out and I've been told that is one of the only weak spots in the maximas. I don't want to give it up though!"

16 yo and still drives better than our new car.

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "Excellent value, refined drive, fun to drive."

"We bought this car used 11 years ago, thinking we would keep it 3 years. We have thought about trading it in a few times, but every time we look at newer cars, we are amazed at how much better our old Maxima is! The interior is very well appointed and has held up very well. The paint still looks great (I wash/wax regularly, but nothing too special). It has plenty of power; it feels much sportier than other cars we've tested that claim to have 50 more hp. Our friends are always amazed to find out it's more than a few years old. I have invested about $2,800 (suspension, brakes twice, power steering pump, cv joints, mass airflow sensor) in maintenance and repairs and put on two new sets of tires (~$400/each set) over the past 11 years, but today it still drives almost like a new car. Compared to trading it in for a newer car, we have saved many thousands and still have a better car."

I have had great experience with my nissan

By on Monday, November 7, 2011

Pros: "Great in-exspensive car and very reliable!!!"

Cons: "no cup holder in the back seats??"

"I bought the car used with 21K, I am now at 130k. I have had NO major issuse, only the normal wear and tear(that you would receive with any vehicle you own). If you keep up on the oil changes reguraly then you should have no major issues(mobile1 synthetic high millage 10w30/bosch filter, every 7k)<- WILL NEVER HAVE ANY major ISSUE! The handling is good, I have notice its a lot better when you have michelin tires/good set of tires. I live where it snows a lot and I have had no handling problems in the weather conditions. The car is fully loaded and in perfect working condition, leather interior, heated seats, sunroof, power everything. perfect little in-exspensive car with all the amenities that a 1999 would have. I am extremely happy with the investment and will do it all over again!! EXTREMELY RELIABLE"

simply the best

By on Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pros: "dependable"

Cons: "premium fuel only"

"keep the oil changed and this thing is bullitproof do all the maintence and its indestructable. i own 5 nissans 4 of them have over 200,000 miles need i say more."

Best car I ever drove.

By on Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pros: "great handling. comfort. great pick-up."

"Wonderful car. Safe and strong. Best heating and air conditioning system I have ever seen. Also, excellent handling and stability."