1998 Nissan Maxima

Based on 509 Ratings for the 1995 - 1999 models.

Great car

By on Monday, September 08, 2014

Cons: "NONE"

"Great car, bought it with 45K miles put 100K miles on it in 11 years. Car is 16 year's old and still is a great ride. I rent cars often for work, mostly new cars, Im never dissapointed when I get back into my car."

A sportscar in a Grandpa suit.

By on Saturday, August 16, 2014

Pros: "Thrill ride.. torquie, powerful, great handle"

Cons: "Occasionally leaks in big storms"

"I bought my 1999 Nissan SE Ltd. 4 years ago expecting to own it for a few months while I looked for a new Infiniti (also made by Nissan). I've now owned it for 4 years, trouble free, and it has been a phenomenal experience !! It was basically the same body as my previously owned Infiniti I-30, but the differences were immediately apparent: The Infiniti was a smooth boatride... the Nissan is one of the hottest rides I've ever owned. It is the rare combination of manual transmission and powerful 6 cylinder engine. Absolute sleeper hotrod.. you would never know until you drove it. I let my buddies drive it now and then when I want to see the look on their faces at the acceleration. A true joy to drive... but comfortable with a great sound system. Just love that torque and the direct feel of the wheel. Great seats... very comfortable on long drives; spacious trunk. Ultra dependable. If you ever see one of these, see if you can drive it for the thrill."

19 year old car and it's still a keeper!

By on Thursday, June 12, 2014

Pros: "price, top of the line car, excellent interior"

Cons: "dies with age, suspension goes, repairs"

"I am the second owner of this car and as with any car the quality and how long it will last also depends on the driver. i have owned this car for two years and it is now just starting to give out due to old age. It has made it to 222,000 and has approximately 2,000 more miles to go. Brakes last a long time and it still gets at least 19 MPG. This also all depends on driver and driving skills. The interior is leather and in my time owning it still has a great seat heater and an overall immaculate interior. I did change the stereo for bluetooth and MP3 purposes but because it as a Bose system for speakers, the speakers still sound brand new. You do need to take good care of this car though as it does die with age. Suspensions do go and maintenance does become more expensive but it is worth every penny for how great of a quality car it is. 100% recommend if it's already in good shape and any previous owner hasn't had it in any serious car accidents."

Has been a great car

By on Friday, April 25, 2014

Pros: "drives great stops and handles good"

Cons: "cruze & mirror switch, a little hard to reach."

"owned it for about 10 years and has never let me down. except for replacing the alternater,its just been brakes,tires and lights.will definitly buy another one"

Reliable

By on Sunday, April 06, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, economical, powerful. Easy to maintain."

Cons: "the headrest cannot be adjusted."

"Bought the car used in 1999 with 33000 miles. Its been through 3 accidents. Still has the original engine and transmission. Thank you Nissan for such a well engineered vehicle."