1996 Nissan Maxima

Based on 519 Ratings for the 1995 - 1999 models.

surprisingly amazing car for reliability

By on Friday, August 10, 2012

Pros: "reliable quality, everything stilll works"

Cons: "nothing really!!!"

"got some serious milage on this car and the suspension is staring to finally get hard after 13 years!! had some minor mechanical repairs but it was only due to 13 years of driving!! everything still works!!"

Best Commuting Car Ever

By on Monday, January 28, 2008

"I have had this car since new and it now has 192000 miles on it. The only problem I have ever had with it is the alternator failed and had to be replaced for a grand total of $248 including parts and labor. It gets 26-29 miles per gallon depending on what kind of driving you are doing and it rides quite nicely. I purchased a newer Lexus GS430, but have kept the Maxima for a backup and for longer trips that I don't want to rack up the miles on the Lexus for. This was the second Maxima that I will have seen go over 200K miles. My mom had an 88 nissan maxima and put 220K miles on it before she got rid of it, and it was still going strong. These are really great cars."

Best vehicl ever.

By on Thursday, November 21, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, comfortable, great on gas, great pickup"

"Bought new. Never once had any issues, other than routine maintenance. Very dependable, rides like a dream and the features and options still work perfectly and has been the best car I have ever purchased new."

i love it, simple as that

By on Friday, March 29, 2013

Pros: "you could smoke this one , no problem"

Cons: "heated seats would"bn nicer"

"the only major thing i had to change on this beauty it was the air flow sensor. but after that it runs just like it had a perfect surgery done on it. it has over two hundred thousand of miles on it and let me be fair to the newer cars , i can still put up with you no prob. its absolutely worth its money no question about it. if i have to do it again i will still buy the same car. thanks @ good luck to you..., please change your oils /on time / always"

Great Car!

By on Sunday, December 07, 2008

"I bought the 1996 SE new in April 1996 with the 5 speed manual transmission, and it currenlty has a little less than 63,000 miles. In many ways it is still like a new car. I recently made a 2200 mile round trip, mostly interstate, of a couple of weeks and the average gas mileage was 34.5 mpg -- some 400-500 mile stretches of pure interstate were over 39 mpg. Normal maintenance costs have been surprisingly low except for the 30,000 and 60,000 mile packages which are about what I expected, several hundred $ each. Only problem is that the CD player died at about four years into its life -- the cassette player and AM/FM Stereo still work fine. Runs great with plenty of power for entrance ramps and is roomy for my needs. Best all-around car of my life, and this is my fifth. Customer service guy at my local Nissan Service Dept. wants to buy it -- it would be a steal at the KBB value."