1994 Nissan Maxima

8.2

Based on 113 Ratings for the 1992 - 1994 models.

reliable car

By on Thursday, October 18, 2007

"this car never gives up and is very comfortable. nice bugdet car.decent gas millage"

Great used car

By on Friday, October 12, 2007

"We had this car in our family, then sold it to a friend, then bought it back. It's been a great car, very comfortable and reliable. Only issues have been with the power window motors."

By on Tuesday, October 9, 2007

"I got this car from my dad about a year ago, he had it for about 3 years before he gave it to me. Now I have a tendency to put cars 6 feet under because I like to, almost literally, drive them into the dirt. I got it at around 180,000 miles and now a year later after using it to get to and from work, 1 or 2 road trips, and delivering pizza for about 6 months, it is now at about 218,000 miles. Nothing had gone really wrong with it other than the power steering hose started leaking, the CV boots just wearing out from age, and as a factory defect with all models of this car the rear window regulators going out. In the past couple of weeks however, I started driving it faster and more recklessly, using the e-brake in pebble-sized gravel spots. As a result, the thermostat went out, and the upper radiator hose busted, I'm hoping just from corrosion and age. As far as appearance, I have ran into a few things, usually from not being patient, but what's really surprising is I hit a deer and all it did was take out one of the corner lights and put a dent in the front passenger quarter panel. So all in all, it doesn't look too fancy anymore, but the engine is still working pretty good but it seems like it's gonna need a lot of repairs, more than just maintenance, in the near future."

By on Friday, September 7, 2007

"mostly electrical problems/ price was good about 1500.00 i went 4000 miles on an oil change and it was still full and color was clear."

Sporty yet sophisticated

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"Sporty yet sophisticated"

A real work horse that is a class act.

By on Monday, June 13, 2011

Cons: "NO CUP HOLDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"This car, although needing the usual repairs, is a value I believe to be well worth it. It still runs good, air works, and just now showing its 20 year old self. Bought it used 10 years ago and it was way ahead of its time in '91. Just sold yesterday for $1200."

Best car I ever owned

By on Friday, December 30, 2011

Pros: "everthing"

Cons: "nothing"

"I own this car, bought her new in 1993. She has had no major issues, just regular replacement of things to be expected on a 17 year old car. She's reliable and I can't imagine life without her. She's never left me stranded and I've taken care of her. I'd be buried in her if I could!"

Best Vehicle for Happy Drivers

By on Sunday, January 16, 2011

"We've had this car for almost 20 years. It's taken our daughter home from the hospital and seen use as the family car and her personal car. It has only ever failed once in the time we've had it. It's a little rusty now thanks to a little bit of negligence on cleaning it during the winter one year, but it runs like a top. When we start it up after a couple of weeks of sitting, it purrs into life and is happy to take on any kind of roads. It's been perfect for our daughter as well: she enjoys driving a little too fast for our comfort, but we trust the car to take care of her as it is built like a tank and handles the best of any of our cars on hills and curves(which make up much of our area)."

By on Wednesday, September 12, 2007

"I bought this vehicle for $1 from a good friend, Talk about a great deal!! It is a great reliable car and a tank!! I was in a hit and run accident and the only damage to my car was just some scratched paint, and believe me I was sooo happy about that! This would make an excellent first car, even if you buy it at 200k miles, they will really last forever... mine is at 170,000 and was going strong until a girl in an old volvo (tank!) crashed into me breaking both of our suspensions. My car handled it well though, I was able to drive it home and then to places to get it inspected. But anyways, excellent car, especially if you want to feel safe and have an exciting ride... I plead the 5th if anyone asks me that I drove it at 120mph...."

Love the Car

By on Friday, October 14, 2011

Pros: "deppendible runs very good cheap maintenance"

Cons: "elect problems no cup holders"

"I have had a few problems with the electrical systems on this car. They have affected the doors and the security. I also had problems with the factory Bose systema and ended up replacing that. With all that said I still love this car. It is comfortable and does EVERYTHING that I ask "her" to. She tows just about anything that I can hook up. People are amazed when they see me pull up to the lake with 2 large jet skis and my car pulls them out of the water like they weighed nothing. I would not sell this car as I could not replace at KBB market value. I believe that she is worth so much more than KBB claims."

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Best older car by far

By on Monday, February 13, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive reliability power acceleration Bose"

Cons: "No cup holders"

"This is the best car I have ever owned. It has never left me stranded. I worked for a junk yard and i'v seen theses cars with 560K on them."

great car

By on Friday, February 15, 2008

"bought this car about a year ago with 187,586 miles on it but has way more the speedameter went out about a year ago according to old owner. no problems with this car at all i have driven it from ohio to philladelphia about 6-7 times and thats 600+ miles each time never had a problem with it great car!"

Great fun, reliable, And stylish.

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, reliable, great motor."

Cons: "Only one normal sized cup holder"

"I actually own and drive this car. I Also bought A late model maxima for my sister based on My maxima's performance. P.S. This is a pretty fast car and The Faster You Drive The Quicker your gas burns in any car it's common sence."

Decent transportation

By on Sunday, February 1, 2009

"I bought this car in Feb '08. I've only replaced the radiator and starter (known replaceable items). As a 20 year vehicle this car I'm sure still has the same pep as it did in the early 90's. Good acceleration, nice firm handling, and that classic Nissan muffler sound (deep throttle). My take on this vehicle is 2 thumbs up. I drive 70 miles round trip to work and this vehicle has not let me down. Before buying this car I only owned Honda's (Accords, Civics, etc..) From now on, I will highly consider purchasing a Nissan before entering a Honda dealer ship - used of course. All new cars are over ranked and over priced."

Horrible Car

By on Tuesday, June 16, 2009

"This is by far the worst car I have ever had. The power locks don't work, the power windows don't work, ignition stopped working so now its rigged with a button to turn the car on. The tail lights don't work and its not the bulbs or the fuses. The car breaks down on average once a week. I have had to replace the ignition, the alternator, and tons more in this car. Just a couple of days ago my a/c stopped blowing cold air. Do not get this car!!"

good vehicle

By on Thursday, January 3, 2008

"We bought this car 4 years ago with 115k miles.Some problems with electrical. Sound system junk, needs to be replaced. Power windows needed repairing. Ran good until engine started having fuel problems. Rubber hoses between fuel rails leak when it gets cold and they are hard to get to. Problems with fuel injectors; they are expensive and need replacing. May cause car not to pass emissions test. Exhaust studs break. Cam and rear main seals leak. Finally the end of the crankshaft broke off at the block. Should have junked car but had too much work and parts in it. Replaced engine with a junkyard motor. 8k miles later had to replace fuel injectors that went up again. Hope it stays problem free for a while. But when the car is dialed in, it's real nice. Lots of power, handles good. Mileage ok for a v6. So far, no problems with the tranny."

Best reliable car ever had

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pros: "ice cold AC, dependable, electric doors locks"

Cons: "transmission issues, auto seatbelts outdated,"

"I bought this car from a friend for free he took great care of it before handy down to me. Drove a '85 Maxima that was a highly reliable car too but love my '93 more its the best ever with gas mileage being best gets over 27 mpg and interior is still holding up. This car is running strong, replaced set of tires, struts, distributor cap, CV axles, window motors and 3 transmissions which is very common on these cars even 6th generations too. I love my GXE Maxima a good reliable transportation there isn't no oil leaks or overheating but transmission is a big problem which Nissan didn't do something right on some generations as 3rd and 6th generations. It runs and drives really flawless might not be the smoothest car ever on the road but will get you from Point A to Point B anytime getting on the highway. Seats are comfortable, overall car is in mint shape it starts up at first start without no hesitation even doing coldest mornings ever in 2014 we all had surprised car didn't have a hard time cranking up. I love this car definitely feel more a four door sports car I'm looking at replacement for a new Altima because had a great experience out of my two Nissan vehicles which were Maxima cars now switching to Altima because of better resale value. I highly recommend this car to anyone even for 1993 like the feature it has with electric buttons on driver door for lock and unlocking the doors a nice feature for the Maxima being an older school and automatic seatbelts are okay for me but could deal without them because gets on my nerves at times. Paint is holding up well for this car even here in the south of state of Georgia doesn't always be covered all the time surprising as at its age thought be a rusted bucket but looks good for 21 years old. Odometer has a high mileage use synthetic Mobil 1 oil and clean out the injectors myself as taking care of the engine too but let mechanics change transmission fluid and do tire rotations finally passed inspection its a faithfully reliable vehicle."

A safe,reliable like new older car

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

"car is pearl white,New Michelin tires, New brakes. Car looks near new and runs and drives like new. A"

93 Maxima still ticking after 20 years

By on Monday, May 20, 2013

Pros: "excellent reliability, good power, good handling."

Cons: "none so far after 20 years."

"This has to be the most reliable and trouble free vehicle I've ever owned. I've only performed basic maintenance and the car is 20 years old and at just over 180000 miles. It's never been in the shop of an unscheduled mainetance and has never left me standed. Mostly oil changes and air filter changes with brakes, timing belt, and fluid flushes. Not a lot has been repaired or replaced. The GXE with the single overhead cam (SOHC) engine has great low end torque, decent, power and excellent economy to power ratio. I routinely get 27-28 MPG on mixed city/hiway driving on my daily 90 mile round trip commute. She's getting old, with paint fade and some minor interior electrical quirks (seatbelt chimes every now and then, but no other issues. Hard to let her go and get a newer car since I'm still very happy with the power, handling, peformance, and value of this commuter. I've had other cars while owning this Maxima, but those cars are long gone and I still have my Maxima. Cheap to maintain and cheap to run. Never lets me down. Get's me there in comfort and economically. what else can I ask of a car? In 20 years only changed: six sets of tires three sets of front and rear brakes three batteries three major tune ups with plugs, wires, cap/rotor. both front axels countless oil and filter and air filter changes. still on original shocks, alternater, and radiator. How's that for a 20year old with 180000 miles?!!"

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2007