1994 Nissan Maxima

8.1

Based on 115 Ratings for the 1989 - 1994 models.

great

By on Sunday, October 23, 2011

"good"

Love the Car

By on Friday, October 14, 2011

Pros: "deppendible runs very good cheap maintenance"

Cons: "elect problems no cup holders"

"I have had a few problems with the electrical systems on this car. They have affected the doors and the security. I also had problems with the factory Bose systema and ended up replacing that. With all that said I still love this car. It is comfortable and does EVERYTHING that I ask "her" to. She tows just about anything that I can hook up. People are amazed when they see me pull up to the lake with 2 large jet skis and my car pulls them out of the water like they weighed nothing. I would not sell this car as I could not replace at KBB market value. I believe that she is worth so much more than KBB claims."

i love this car.

By on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pros: "great power, reliable, comfortable, economical."

Cons: "no cup holders."

"i love this car. spent 900.00 for it and put in an additional 1000.00 in minor repairs due to previous owner. i would still spend another 5000.00 if it needed it."

Great car that is very reliable.

By on Friday, October 07, 2011

Pros: "Great ride and handling. Awesome stereo system."

"I bought my 1993 Nissan Maxima GXE brand new and have had it ever since. It has 205,000 on the original transmission with no transmission work needed so far. I haven't had any issues with the sun roof which surprised me. It has been a great car. It has had an excellent maintenance history. The only issue I had was with the motorized antenna which had to be replaced several times over the 18 years. I am thinking of finally donating it to a charity group here in town. As for the cup holder issue, I remedied that back in 1994 when visiting a boat show in Tampa, FL. They sell cup holders that fold up to go on boats so I bought two of them and drilled tiny holes into the the pastic housing to the right side of the gear shift box and mounted both cup holders there. They have worked like a champ for over 17 years. The only draw back is that while the cup holder is open, you cannot move the passenger seat all the way forward but that was a small inconvenience for two great cup holders that have served me well."

Still going at 283,000 miles

By on Monday, October 03, 2011

Pros: "solid and safe; decent gas mileage; still looks good"

Cons: "no cup holders and no good place to set a coffee cup; seems to go through brakepads pretty quickly"

"The car has served me well. While the Nissan has been a little harder on brake work (as has my newer Honda), it has been a good car. I put a new transmission in it at 250,000 miles. That's how much faith I had in the car. Wish I could afford a new one!!!"