2015 Nissan LEAF Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $26,965 - $27,969.

"What Others Paid" is based on the last 30 days within 50 miles.

10/7.8

Based on 62 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Absolutely wonderful car for short trip

By on Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Pros: "good quiet transportation and money in my pocket"

Cons: "this car doesn't like being on the freeway"

"We have the leaf now for about a month and we absolutely love this car. It is the best transponstation solution out there. Period. This car was designed for daily commute and short errand runs and if you can keep it within its limitation, you will find the car absolutely wonderful. It is quiet, it is comfortable, it has good acceleration and best of all, it does not even cost you a dime to operate this car. I think it costs me about $40 last month running about 1000 miles and I had to pay higher tier cost. This month I am changing to TOU and even thinking of going solar as it should lower my electricity cost for both house and car. It leasing deal was also terrific ($200+/mo+tax for 36 mos with practically zero money down) but you will have to find the dealer that is willing to sell you at that price. Most dealers will want to sell you close to $250/mo+tax which I think is high. Since it is gasless, you will never have to visit a gas station and you will never have to smell that fouled gasoline odor anymore. Just plug it in every night and you are all set. Highly recommended to those who can live with its short range, and not having to drive on the freeway alot. My daily commuting is 35 miles and mostly surface street."

Best car I've ever owned!

By on Thursday, June 21, 2012

"Besides driving the LEAF, the coolest thing about it is how interested people are to know more about it. Also, when you give someone a ride and they have this confused look on their face when the car starts to move. "Aren't you going to start it?", they ask, and then... "Whoa-we're moving!?" The LEAF has an incredible amount of torque off the line. And it does 0 to 60 mph in 7.9 seconds. While it's not a sports car, the guy in his 2012 Camaro next to you at the stop light is going to get his feelings hurt (for the first 100 feet). I'm leasing the LEAF. I'll have the option to buy it at $15,000. If the market for this car is anything like it was for the Prius when it first came out, I'll be able to sell it immediately at a nice profit."

Quiet But Always Noticed

By on Sunday, March 20, 2011

"The overarching impression from the Leaf is that it's a "real car." When you see a Leaf, you know it; its front and rear are both distinctive enough to distinguish it from similarly shaped hybrids. It's not an electrified version of a gas car, it's a model all its own — not unlike the Prius. One of the most interesting features is a small solar panel atop the SL trim level's liftgate spoiler. Don't be misled; this little thing doesn't add range — it just trickle-charges the regular 12-volt battery. I'd be willing to bet the high-voltage battery pack loses more energy when sitting parked than the solar panel collects. Due to the nature of electric motors, the Leaf has robust torque from a standing start — enough to spin the tires before the traction control intervenes, especially when turning after a traffic signal turns green. With a zero-to-60 mph time of roughly 7 seconds, off-the-line acceleration is sprightly up to around 45 mph, and then you see the rate begin to decrease — to a degree that you must be patient if you plan to pass at highway speeds. This is the nature of an electric drivetrain with no conventional transmission and only one "speed." The top speed is electronically limited to 95 mph. I found myself speeding inadvertently — a lot. This is always a good sign in a car. It reflects low noise levels, stability and confidence, things you don't always get in typical cars, much less in efficient ones. In normal driving, the car's dynamics are agreeable, and this is all most drivers will ever encounter. If you push the car harder, it corners differently than normal cars do. Best I can tell, it's because the 600-pound battery pack lowers the center of gravity dramatically, even compared with the Chevy Volt. The pack is under the front and rear seats entirely, which positions all that mass low and between the front and rear axles. In a normal car, when you take a sharp turn the body leans and the inside wheels get light, making the outside tires work harder to hold the car on the road. In the Leaf, when the tires begin to lose their grip, they seem to do so in unison. I'm struck by how simple it is, and I don't mean that in a bad way. The car has a battery pack connected through associated electronics to an electric drive motor that powers the front wheels through a few reduction gears and a differential. That's pretty much it. No clutches, no conventional transmission, no secondary source of locomotion."

Awesome car, I love driving it.

By on Saturday, September 24, 2011

Pros: "Quiet, comfortable, Great air conditioner for AZ, Great acceleration up to 45 mph then tappers off."

Cons: "Sun visors aren't great."

"Fun car to drive. We absolutely love it. So far our leaf is averaging 220 kw usage per 1,000 miles. At our electric. rates that is $24/1,000 miles of driving. I installed 6 solar electric panels which are producing 240( ) kw/month to offset our usage. We use the leaf for all of our 80 mile or less drives. That range will be extended as they add more charging stations. Above 60mph the battery drain rate seems to increase. If you go 75 mph on the freeway the range is reduced to between 50 to 70 miles depending on how much of a reserve you are comfortable with and how many hills you encounter. We use a 240V level 2 charger. With inter-day charging we occasionally put 130 miles on our leaf for the day. My 17 year old son drives his 4 teenage friends around on the weekends. The 5 teenagers fit comfortably in the Leaf. With the back seat laid down I can fit one bicycle in with the front wheel on or 2 bicycles with their front wheels removed. Plugging the Leaf in has been a lot less effort than I had imagined. I just pop the plug cover latch from inside the car before I get out the grab the cord and plug it in as I walk by the front of the car to go in the house. Electric cars are not for everyone, but the Leaf has worked out great for our family. (just wish we had two)"

A True Electric Car

By on Tuesday, February 08, 2011

"The Nissan LEAF is a purpose built true electric car. Therefore it was built from the ground up to be an electric car. It's not a retrofit of an existing car to make it an electric car. The engineering of the vehicle is amazing. It accelerates like a V6. It is extremely quite. The car feels very open and roomy. There's a lot of headroom. The car is loaded with technology including performance analysis, Internet connection (to upload telemetry and to start the climate control system remotely), XM, iPod integration, keyless, backup camera, solar panel (to charge accessory battery), and of course an entirely electric drive train. It's a really fun car to drive and worth every penny."