• 2014 Compact Car Buyer's Guide
Federal Tax Credit Up To $7,500! The 2011 Nissan Leaf electric car qualifies for a federal tax credit of up to $7,500, effectively reducing the net base price from $33,720 to $26,220. In addition, some states offer their own purchase incentives, which can be combined with the federal credit. Other electric vehicle-related perks that vary by city or state include single-occupant access to carpool lanes, free metered parking and significantly reduced vehicle registration fees. Home charging stations, which cut charging times in half compared to standard wall outlets, are also eligible for attractive incentives. Nissan offers a useful state-by-state guide to Leaf-specific incentives and perks at nissanusa.com.

2013 Nissan LEAF

Based on 44 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

The most AMAZING vehicles I have ever owned!

By on Sunday, September 01, 2013

Pros: "EVERYTHING all Pros"

Cons: "I have no Cons!"

"My Nissan Leaf is the most AMAZING vehicle on the planet. Think about it, the motor has only 7 or 8 moving parts, No transmission, No Gas No Oil, No Trnsmission fluid, Has full torque from 0 RPM, Very Quick and will take most V6 vehicles off the line, Runs with the big dogs on the freeway, I would like to say it will easily do 100 MPH but I won't because that's against the law (just trust me on this one), I was owner of an Auto and RV Service Center and I have worked on thousands of cars, trucks and RV's and nothing has impressed me as this NISSAN LEAF. This vehicle made WORLD CAR OF THE YEAR!. Plus NO EMISSIONs. Note: My Nissan Leaf replaced my quad cab pick-up and the wife and I took the money we would spent on gas, oil and maintenance every week and put it in a savings account and two years later we have $9,020.00 dollars in the account. Also, If I was paying for electricity it would cost me only about $35.00 per month. However, sense I have Solar and don't have an electric bill, it is all pure clean and free energy. How many miles can you drive for free? If you want to go green this is the way to do it."

Great second car

By on Monday, July 22, 2013

Pros: "No gas very little maintenance"

Cons: "Looks very Asian"

"Try it you will like it. An awesome second car for less than 80 miles per day. Basically free to own if you are doing 15000 miles per year with a medium sized gas car replace it. Fun to drive accelerates well. This is the future. Look into energy programs tha allow time of use . Even in expensive Southern California you can get in this electricity program and save. Just limit your usage in the afternoon.every family should have a Leaf and either an SUV or a mini van perfect combination . I am 6.4 headroom is fine legroom could be a little bit better but I say that about most cars ."

Great little car but the battery needs improvement

By on Tuesday, May 14, 2013

"I leased a 2013 Nissan Leaf about two months ago. I was told that I could get up to 116 miles per charge, this would depend on outside temperature and driving conditions. I am lucky to get 60 miles on a charge when the temperature is 70 to 80 degrees. I would really hate to see how low the mileage would go on a real cold or real hot day. The car is a lot of fun to drive and works great for very short trips."

Car good battery is bad.

By on Thursday, May 02, 2013

Pros: "quiet, vibration free, low maintenance"

Cons: "limited range. Battery is poor at best."

"Bought this car new. Drove the car less than 3500 miles and lost 15% of the original battery capacity. Actual real world driving range when new was 55 miles summer and less than 40 on a full charge in the winter if you use the heat sparingly. The car is ok the battery is terrable. do your self a favor and get a Chevy Volt instead. We love the low fuel costs and the convience of "refueling" at home. Beware the tax credit is based on your income. Middle income buyers will not collect the full $7500. Smooth quiet vibration free ride is a plus. 100% instant torque is great. Will never go back to gasoline!!!"

F*U*N

By on Monday, April 29, 2013

Pros: "Fun. Peppy. Quiet. Guilt-free, cheap driving."

Cons: "Stiff suspension."

"It was a bit of a whim for us to lease this car, but we figured one urban car (electric) would complement our other larger, conventional long-distance car. We were right, but really underestimated just how much fun it is to have and drive and "refuel" an electric car. Quiet, great acceleration, no gas stations, just plug it in ... my wife and I fight over using it. The gas car feels like a dinosaur now. We didn't even install the normal 220 charger - just use 110 "trickle" charge, which adds about 50 miles overnight. It's all we've needed for charging. And I love being released from most of the guilt of using gas and polluting when I drive. There is still some pollution associated with power, but in Northwest our power is plentiful and relatively clean - probably reduces CO2 by 80% relative to gas. Love the Leaf!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Nissan LEAF near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for