Federal Tax Credit Up To $7,500! The 2011 Nissan Leaf electric car qualifies for a federal tax credit of up to $7,500, effectively reducing the net base price from $33,720 to $26,220. In addition, some states offer their own purchase incentives, which can be combined with the federal credit. Other electric vehicle-related perks that vary by city or state include single-occupant access to carpool lanes, free metered parking and significantly reduced vehicle registration fees. Home charging stations, which cut charging times in half compared to standard wall outlets, are also eligible for attractive incentives. Nissan offers a useful state-by-state guide to Leaf-specific incentives and perks at nissanusa.com.

2013 Nissan LEAF

Based on 51 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

New Revolution in Transportation

By on Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, Great Torque and no visit to Gas stations"

"I live in Silicon Valley. Use it for daily commute from Fremont to San Jose. So far very satisfied. PG"

Great experience so far

By on Monday, August 22, 2011

Pros: "Quiet, smooth, refined, no oil changes!, no exhaust"

Cons: "Limited driving range"

"This is the 8th car I have owned so far. Probably most distinct. I use it for my daily commute in Silicon Valley, CA and very happy with the handling and comfort. Love the blue tooth phone inerface, navigation, XM radio, Apps that inform about the status of charging. Acceleration is surprisingly good. The interior fine for 4 people. Have to plan for longer trips due to limited range. Hopefully all the cars will be electric in future."

The Future is here!

By on Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Pros: "Near zero emissions, fun to drive, cool technology, no more gas stations"

Cons: "Cheap sun visors, manual seats, no spontaneous errands more than 5 miles out of my way."

"While not for everyone, if you meet the target market for this car; daily commute under 70 miles, temperate climate, ability to have a 240 volt/30 amp charger installed, second gas/diesel vehicle for weekends and trips, I highly recommend the Leaf as a way to reduce your dependance on BIG OIL. Range anxiety is the issue most touted by journalists and commentors as the Leaf's achilles heel. If your daily commute is 70 miles or less, you will never have a problem with running out of power. Driving dynamics are much better than I expected. Power delivery is smooth and linear, handling is suprisingly nimble and ride quality is communicative without being jarring. Interior technology is superb with high-end features that you would expect in a $35K car. Interior surfaces are acceptable, but are definately a less than ideal combination. The only disappointment in regards to the interior is the sun visors and the manual seat adjustment, both have an econo-box feel to them and are a reminder that Nissan cut some corners in the interior to deliver the Leaf at a almost reasonable price. The exterior styling is distinctive and quite practical, but I like hatchbacks and wagons. At almost the same price as my Volvo V50 wagon, I think the Leaf is a great way to support alternative fuel vehicle development without sacrificing my comfort."

No turning back!

By on Wednesday, May 18, 2011

"This is a car for the future, but the future is already here for me. I hear no other noise but the quiet wind noise and occasionally the tire noise when the car runs over some lane dividers. Hey! I've already received the $5,000 state incentive; and I've also received my HOV sticker. The best of all, I've not bought any gasoline for the last three (3) months. In addition, I've also learned how to drive normally and conserve the battery charges without driving the ECO mode. It is just great!"

21st Century Car

By on Monday, May 16, 2011

"After waiting almost a year, I finally took possession of my EV just last month. It is everything I hoped for and more: truly a 21st century car. If I forget to plug it in, it emails me. If it gets low on charge, it calculates a route to the nearest charging station. It has timers to charge during off peak hours and timers to pre-heat and cool the vehicle in summer and winter. If the car has been sitting in the sun for hours, I can turn on the A/C from my computer or smart phone before I leave the building. I get instantaneous feedback about my driving habits, allowing me to drive smarter, stretch my mileage and reduce my costs. The telemetry is impressive and I have access to an incredible amount of data. Don’t believe the anti-EV noise machine out there. This isn’t a glorified golf cart. This is a REAL car, and most important to me, it’s fun to drive. My other car is a Mercedes SLK 280 hardtop convertible roadster and I know what a fun drive is. The leaf has 100% torque instantaneously and will beat my SLK off the line. This is the perfect commuter car for me. I live in San Diego, which has ideal weather conditions for an EV and, ironically, some of the highest gas prices in the country. Instead of filling my tank for $70, I’ll be plugging in my EV in my garage for about $9. My cost is 3 cents a mile PERIOD… no oil changes, no tune ups, no transmission fluid, no air filter, no hassles. It sure beats 25 cents a mile. My EV and I now mock Big Oil."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Nissan LEAF near Honolulu. See local deals