Federal Tax Credit Up To $7,500!

The 2011 Nissan Leaf electric car qualifies for a federal tax credit of up to $7,500, effectively reducing the net base price from $33,720 to $26,220. In addition, some states offer their own purchase incentives, which can be combined with the federal credit. Other electric vehicle-related perks that vary by city or state include single-occupant access to carpool lanes, free metered parking and significantly reduced vehicle registration fees. Home charging stations, which cut charging times in half compared to standard wall outlets, are also eligible for attractive incentives. Nissan offers a useful state-by-state guide to Leaf-specific incentives and perks at nissanusa.com.

2012 Nissan LEAF

Based on 74 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Took a gamble...pleased so far

By on Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Pros: "Great value, no smog, different"

Cons: "Range anxiety, understand its limitations"

"We purchased a used 2013 S with quick charge and backup camera with 20k miles for $10500. It's hard to find this kind of value. A lot of people have range anxiety or aren't early adopters of EV's. The resale reflects this. We use the car for everyday driving. It's perfect for our needs. We have a second car for long range driving. The car has lots of pep from 0 to 40. The cabin is very spacious and we aren't little people. I love the idea that we are saving about $100 a month on gas and we are doing our part to help the environment as well. What's not to like?"

I love my Leaf

By on Friday, October 7, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive; low maintenance costs; zero emissions"

Cons: "100 mile range"

"Great comfort, speed, handling, and features. What a pleasure to drive past gas stations. Buying the Leaf has motivated me to put solar on my roof. Zero carbon footprint to operate. Ideal for urban use."

Depreciation nightmare

By on Sunday, November 15, 2015

Pros: "GPS"

Cons: "Worthless resale value for purchasers"

"Although the car is low maintenance and cheap to drive the range has always been about 70% of what Nissan claims. I bought the 8 yr 100k mile warranty 0 deductible but have not needed to use it once. Drive out price with TT&L and 0 down was 42,187. I owe 20,321. today and the can only get 10k on a a private sale. My payment is 552.00 a month on a 4% loan. I should have waited 7 months at the time and gotten the Tesla my wife wanted but I was in too big a hurry to stop polluting. Nissan should do more to help the early adopter purchasers get out of this cash burning machine."

Reduce your carbon footprint, and ready for future

By on Thursday, December 4, 2014

Pros: "Solid built, Incetives help make price palatable"

Cons: "Range, Lack of or Vandelized Charging stations"

Early adopter of the all electric Leaf, glad I took the lease option vs own.

"I completely enjoy my Leaf. Its comfortable with good seat support, great quality finishes and features even on the base model its peppy with surprising acceleration and good handling. I am disappointed though that as more and more make it into the marketplace that fewer establishments are not expanding their charging stations or facilities to keep more than one or two accommodated. Its also a sad to see so many charging stations vandalized whether they are the Nissan charging stations or one at stores. Trading my range anxiety back in for a super small consumption of fuel and relying more on my hybrid car for the second year of my two year lease with Nissan."

Early adopter of the all electric Leaf, glad I took the lease option vs own.

Nice commuter car

By on Friday, December 6, 2013

Pros: "Love it, very quiet interior. plenty of power."

Cons: "needs snow tire for winter"

"It is a good car for 90% of driving. It doesn't do well on the snow. Range around 80 if heater is on. Snow tires help a lot, but drops the range by 10 mile."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Nissan LEAF near Honolulu. See local deals