Federal Tax Credit Up To $7,500! The 2011 Nissan Leaf electric car qualifies for a federal tax credit of up to $7,500, effectively reducing the net base price from $33,720 to $26,220. In addition, some states offer their own purchase incentives, which can be combined with the federal credit. Other electric vehicle-related perks that vary by city or state include single-occupant access to carpool lanes, free metered parking and significantly reduced vehicle registration fees. Home charging stations, which cut charging times in half compared to standard wall outlets, are also eligible for attractive incentives. Nissan offers a useful state-by-state guide to Leaf-specific incentives and perks at nissanusa.com.

2012 Nissan LEAF

Based on 50 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

I love my Leaf!

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "Crazy cheap to drive, zippy in the city"

Cons: "60 mile range - not for extended highway driving."

"When you do the math, you'll find that this is the most economical way to drive. The cost of this vehicle is less than many gas powered vehicles (after all the incentives), and you pay next to nothing to drive it. I'ts super zippy and fun to drive in the city, and it's got enough pedal left to drive comfortably on the highway (for a while)."

Leaning into the future of automobiles

By on Friday, September 05, 2014

Pros: "great value, great handling, quiet, solid, fun"

Cons: "budget materials, range,"

"An interesting fact is that most early cars were electric. Until the 1920's, electric cars out sold gas cars. Things have come full circle with the Nissan Leaf, and electric cars are becoming popular once again. If you own one, it becomes immediately apparent that they are the future. The car is comfortable and relaxing to drive. The tranquility of commuting to work without engine noise or gear shifts is something that I didn't consider when I leased the car, but it's one of it's greatest strengths. It's also got lots of power. It's fast off the line and fun...although as others have said, this is mostly true under 45 mph. The car seems well made, although the materials feel like what you'd find in a $18K car and not a $30K car. That's ok though, the awesomeness of the electric drivetrain more than compensate. In the future though, as electric cars become more common, they will need to drop the price or step up the quality. Overall, I strongly recommend the car. It's a hoot."

I love this car

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

"As long as you know exactly how to use an electric car you will love it. I drive 1000 miles a month for around $20 worth of electricity. and No maintenance... Take that Prius"

Great commuting car and around town car

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Reason: Totaled after accident

Pros: "Quiet, no trips to gas station"

Cons: "Can't only car, limits to range, need garage."

"If your driving fits well into the profile, see below, this can be a great commuting and around town car. It is quiet, responsive in city traffic, roomy, convenient. The profile of an owner that will really like this car is: Lives in a reasonable climate, drives 20 to 50 miles on most days, and you have another car for days when you need to drive longer distances, in other words, can trade with the spouse or other household member. Also, the owner will need a garage or carport or similar place to install a charging station. Yes, the 120V cable supplied with the car will work, but is somewhat of a hassle, and some 120V outlets are poorly made/installed/wired."

Excellent local vehicle

By on Saturday, August 02, 2014

Pros: "Very liberating."

Cons: "The cons are just lack of infracstructure/chargers"

"I purchased a SL model, minus the Cold Weather Package, with 20,000 miles for $14,000. Depreciation value aside, to drive by gas stations is a GAS! Love it. I have solar panels and I use dealerships to recharge, in my area public chargers are at a minimum. I have been asking business and city and county officials to get more chargers installed. I use it for a 50 miles radius and I projected to use this car for 80% of my needs. With chargers I can up that to 90% of my needs. It has turned into a hobby/passion/pastime. The car performs as advertised. I added tinted glass to keep the AC use at a minimum. The car was purchased to enjoy the technology. The Over $120 a month saved on gasoline is a plus. While I loved my hybrid's 35 MPG performance, zero fuel is way above that."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Nissan LEAF near Honolulu. See local deals