Federal Tax Credit Up To $7,500!

The 2011 Nissan Leaf electric car qualifies for a federal tax credit of up to $7,500, effectively reducing the net base price from $33,720 to $26,220. In addition, some states offer their own purchase incentives, which can be combined with the federal credit. Other electric vehicle-related perks that vary by city or state include single-occupant access to carpool lanes, free metered parking and significantly reduced vehicle registration fees. Home charging stations, which cut charging times in half compared to standard wall outlets, are also eligible for attractive incentives. Nissan offers a useful state-by-state guide to Leaf-specific incentives and perks at nissanusa.com.

2011 Nissan LEAF

Based on 71 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

excellent commute car

By on Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Pros: "quiet, inexpensive to operate, use the HOV lane"

Cons: "range of 60-70 miles/charge"

"As long as you realize the limitations of the range, which is about 60 miles/charge in the winter or 70 miles/charge in the summer, with mostly freeway driving, it's a fantastic commute car, plus can use the HOV lanes in California. I get 3.3 miles per kWh of electricity, so depending on what you pay for electricity you can calculate the cost per mile, which is very low. NO maintenance, just rotate the tires. NO smog checks."

Many pros and cons to this car

By on Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pros: "No gas and very low maintenance."

"Cons=Look at the resale value! Very low. Battery capacity loss!!! ( after 18k miles my battery does not charge up completely ) 20 percent loss of charging now. Dealer WILL NOT WARRANTY CAPACITY LOSS. $20k for new battery.To get extended range you will need to drive it 65 mph or less, excluding hills. Hills are a KILLER on battery range. You will get run over in carpool lane going 65 mph. Be very careful about battery charging. 1 full charge a day on 110v or 220v works best. Hard accelerations, high speed driving and 440v charging not recommended. 1 or more charging bars on dashboard will disappear over time. 12 bars to start with. Class action law suite in the works over this issue."

Took a gamble...pleased so far

By on Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Pros: "Great value, no smog, different"

Cons: "Range anxiety, understand its limitations"

"We purchased a used 2013 S with quick charge and backup camera with 20k miles for $10500. It's hard to find this kind of value. A lot of people have range anxiety or aren't early adopters of EV's. The resale reflects this. We use the car for everyday driving. It's perfect for our needs. We have a second car for long range driving. The car has lots of pep from 0 to 40. The cabin is very spacious and we aren't little people. I love the idea that we are saving about $100 a month on gas and we are doing our part to help the environment as well. What's not to like?"

I love my Leaf

By on Friday, October 7, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive; low maintenance costs; zero emissions"

Cons: "100 mile range"

"Great comfort, speed, handling, and features. What a pleasure to drive past gas stations. Buying the Leaf has motivated me to put solar on my roof. Zero carbon footprint to operate. Ideal for urban use."

Reduce your carbon footprint, and ready for future

By on Thursday, December 4, 2014

Pros: "Solid built, Incetives help make price palatable"

Cons: "Range, Lack of or Vandelized Charging stations"

Early adopter of the all electric Leaf, glad I took the lease option vs own.

"I completely enjoy my Leaf. Its comfortable with good seat support, great quality finishes and features even on the base model its peppy with surprising acceleration and good handling. I am disappointed though that as more and more make it into the marketplace that fewer establishments are not expanding their charging stations or facilities to keep more than one or two accommodated. Its also a sad to see so many charging stations vandalized whether they are the Nissan charging stations or one at stores. Trading my range anxiety back in for a super small consumption of fuel and relying more on my hybrid car for the second year of my two year lease with Nissan."

Early adopter of the all electric Leaf, glad I took the lease option vs own.

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Nissan LEAF near Honolulu. See local deals