Federal Tax Credit Up To $7,500!

The 2011 Nissan Leaf electric car qualifies for a federal tax credit of up to $7,500, effectively reducing the net base price from $33,720 to $26,220. In addition, some states offer their own purchase incentives, which can be combined with the federal credit. Other electric vehicle-related perks that vary by city or state include single-occupant access to carpool lanes, free metered parking and significantly reduced vehicle registration fees. Home charging stations, which cut charging times in half compared to standard wall outlets, are also eligible for attractive incentives. Nissan offers a useful state-by-state guide to Leaf-specific incentives and perks at nissanusa.com.

2011 Nissan LEAF

Based on 71 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Great commuting car and around town car

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Reason: Totaled after accident

Pros: "Quiet, no trips to gas station"

Cons: "Can't only car, limits to range, need garage."

"If your driving fits well into the profile, see below, this can be a great commuting and around town car. It is quiet, responsive in city traffic, roomy, convenient. The profile of an owner that will really like this car is: Lives in a reasonable climate, drives 20 to 50 miles on most days, and you have another car for days when you need to drive longer distances, in other words, can trade with the spouse or other household member. Also, the owner will need a garage or carport or similar place to install a charging station. Yes, the 120V cable supplied with the car will work, but is somewhat of a hassle, and some 120V outlets are poorly made/installed/wired."

Amazing Car, Amazing Value

By on Sunday, October 4, 2015

Pros: "Great Value, silent, smooth powerful drive."

Cons: "GPS system could improve."

"Always wanted an electric car, just never thought I could afford one (don't want to lease). When the time came for a newer vehicle, I was amazed to see how inexpensive the used (lease return) Leaf was going for. I ended up purchasing a two year lease return, in the color I wanted, with only 10070 miles, in new condition, for $11,900. Everyone in my family loves the car. It is fun to drive with the sharp handling and instant torque/power. The Leaf is our primary car and is used for for all daily driving needs (my 10 mile commute, trips to the store, kids sports/music etc.). So glad to no longer visit a gas station or oil change stations. We do still own a 2002 CR-V that gets driven once in a while. Other than a couple long trips, over the course of three months, I have put only two tanks of gas in the Honda. I am disappointed to learn that the new 2016 extended battery will not be compatible with the older models as that would make trips to Tahoe and the Bay Area a bit easier, but as long as the charging network increases, we plan on enjoying this car for many years to come."

Absolutely wonderful car for short trip

By on Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Pros: "good quiet transportation and money in my pocket"

Cons: "this car doesn't like being on the freeway"

"We have the leaf now for about a month and we absolutely love this car. It is the best transponstation solution out there. Period. This car was designed for daily commute and short errand runs and if you can keep it within its limitation, you will find the car absolutely wonderful. It is quiet, it is comfortable, it has good acceleration and best of all, it does not even cost you a dime to operate this car. I think it costs me about $40 last month running about 1000 miles and I had to pay higher tier cost. This month I am changing to TOU and even thinking of going solar as it should lower my electricity cost for both house and car. It leasing deal was also terrific ($200+/mo+tax for 36 mos with practically zero money down) but you will have to find the dealer that is willing to sell you at that price. Most dealers will want to sell you close to $250/mo+tax which I think is high. Since it is gasless, you will never have to visit a gas station and you will never have to smell that fouled gasoline odor anymore. Just plug it in every night and you are all set. Highly recommended to those who can live with its short range, and not having to drive on the freeway alot. My daily commuting is 35 miles and mostly surface street."

F*U*N

By on Monday, April 29, 2013

Pros: "Fun. Peppy. Quiet. Guilt-free, cheap driving."

Cons: "Stiff suspension."

"It was a bit of a whim for us to lease this car, but we figured one urban car (electric) would complement our other larger, conventional long-distance car. We were right, but really underestimated just how much fun it is to have and drive and "refuel" an electric car. Quiet, great acceleration, no gas stations, just plug it in ... my wife and I fight over using it. The gas car feels like a dinosaur now. We didn't even install the normal 220 charger - just use 110 "trickle" charge, which adds about 50 miles overnight. It's all we've needed for charging. And I love being released from most of the guilt of using gas and polluting when I drive. There is still some pollution associated with power, but in Northwest our power is plentiful and relatively clean - probably reduces CO2 by 80% relative to gas. Love the Leaf!"

I am so glad to own, but paid too much.

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

"This is a great little car, but it's value depreciated way too quickly. The car is worth about $10,000 less then what we paid. We've only had the car for a little over one year. Very disappointing."

Great experience so far

By on Monday, August 22, 2011

Pros: "Quiet, smooth, refined, no oil changes!, no exhaust"

Cons: "Limited driving range"

"This is the 8th car I have owned so far. Probably most distinct. I use it for my daily commute in Silicon Valley, CA and very happy with the handling and comfort. Love the blue tooth phone inerface, navigation, XM radio, Apps that inform about the status of charging. Acceleration is surprisingly good. The interior fine for 4 people. Have to plan for longer trips due to limited range. Hopefully all the cars will be electric in future."

My second LEAF and LOVE it!

By on Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Pros: "Quiet, fun, Economical"

Cons: "range could be better"

"I bought a 2015 SL after leasing a 2013 SV. In 2 years I put 30,000 miles on my last LEAF. I had absolutely NO maintenance issues with the car. It has more features than other cars its size. It is fun to drive. You have to come into it knowing what you are getting. I routinely go 80 miles in mixed driving without a problem. My daily commute is 64 miles round trip and I never have a concern. Sure the range is lower in the winter and is a bit less with the heat or AC on, but hasn't even ben an issue with my commute, Nissan has reworked the battery chemistry since the first model came out in 2011 and there is much less battery degradation. I saw none in 2 years. To address that someone said the battery costs $12000, not true. A replacement is $6000 installed, but it is warrantied for 8 years/100,000 miles from a bad cell and for 5 years/60,000 to hold a capacity of at least 70%. I have seen so loss in 2 years so I am confident it this cars battery quality. Of course I know that range will eventually decrease but the value is outstanding. I installed a 220 charging station in my garage and it charges quickly. If it was completely run down, it would charge in 4 hours, but I rarely ever run it down, so charge times are less. There are also free charging station ALL OVER the Dallas area. A charging station can be had for $500 but then it is yours forever. But you may need to install a 220 outlet if you don't have one. Sometimes Nissan gives these stations away with the car. So I pay 2.5 cents/mile for electricity vs 15 in my pickup. Also there are plenty of incentives. $7500 federal rebate is still available. It is actually a credit. So if you pay that much in Federal Taxes, you WILL get that amount back (or off) your tax bill when you file the next year. If you only pay say $6000 in taxes, that is all you will get back. I also received $2500 Texas rebate which runs until June 2015 unless renewed. Several other state offer rebates as well. Add that to offers from Nissan, you can get this car cheap. It is what it is, a commuter car. Its not a Tesla and wasn't meant to be. But it does its job extremely well."

Great commuter car

By on Sunday, January 5, 2014

Pros: "perfect city car"

Cons: "needs more efficient heater"

"I've driven my Nissan Leaf for 24 months. It's been an excellent car with nearly zero costs. Solar panels on our roof supply the electricity. It is fast on the freeway, and its size makes it easy to park. Interior size is surprising with legroom and head room in the front seat very similar to my Lexus RX SUV. The 100 mile range makes it possible to do everything in a day's drive except climb to ski resorts. For that you need a Tesla or a Volt. I use our 1999 SUV for those trips. Only negative of the car is the heater which uses a lot of power, about 30% of battery use on cold winter days. Still, have never run out of power even though I use battery conserving 80% charge. A full charge of 24 kWh is equivalent to two-thirds of a gallon of gas. 80% is just over half a gallon of gas. It is amazing to drive 80-90 miles on the energy of less than a gallon and a cost of about $2.50 of electricity."

Car good battery is bad.

By on Thursday, May 2, 2013

Pros: "quiet, vibration free, low maintenance"

Cons: "limited range. Battery is poor at best."

"Bought this car new. Drove the car less than 3500 miles and lost 15% of the original battery capacity. Actual real world driving range when new was 55 miles summer and less than 40 on a full charge in the winter if you use the heat sparingly. The car is ok the battery is terrable. do your self a favor and get a Chevy Volt instead. We love the low fuel costs and the convience of "refueling" at home. Beware the tax credit is based on your income. Middle income buyers will not collect the full $7500. Smooth quiet vibration free ride is a plus. 100% instant torque is great. Will never go back to gasoline!!!"

Honeymoon over: first week's impression

By on Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pros: "No gas--ever! Practical. Minimal maintenance."

Cons: "Heel space in front seat (odd not to have it)."

"After having the 2013 Leaf SV for a full week now, I thought I'd add my review. My commute is 24 miles round trip. I am fortunate to have access to a charging station at work, so I primary charge there. I intentionally ran the battery low over the weekend to know what to expect. The range indicator showed 8 miles when the number disappeared and was replaced with "---" and warnings to charge immediate. I then continued the remaining 1 mile to my house and used the trickle charger (I do not yet have the 240V charge cable installed at home yet). I did not make it to "Turtle" mode so I suspect I still had several miles or more of range left. After a week of use, am I still excited to have the car? Absolutely."

excellent commute car

By on Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Pros: "quiet, inexpensive to operate, use the HOV lane"

Cons: "range of 60-70 miles/charge"

"As long as you realize the limitations of the range, which is about 60 miles/charge in the winter or 70 miles/charge in the summer, with mostly freeway driving, it's a fantastic commute car, plus can use the HOV lanes in California. I get 3.3 miles per kWh of electricity, so depending on what you pay for electricity you can calculate the cost per mile, which is very low. NO maintenance, just rotate the tires. NO smog checks."

Many pros and cons to this car

By on Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pros: "No gas and very low maintenance."

"Cons=Look at the resale value! Very low. Battery capacity loss!!! ( after 18k miles my battery does not charge up completely ) 20 percent loss of charging now. Dealer WILL NOT WARRANTY CAPACITY LOSS. $20k for new battery.To get extended range you will need to drive it 65 mph or less, excluding hills. Hills are a KILLER on battery range. You will get run over in carpool lane going 65 mph. Be very careful about battery charging. 1 full charge a day on 110v or 220v works best. Hard accelerations, high speed driving and 440v charging not recommended. 1 or more charging bars on dashboard will disappear over time. 12 bars to start with. Class action law suite in the works over this issue."

Took a gamble...pleased so far

By on Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Pros: "Great value, no smog, different"

Cons: "Range anxiety, understand its limitations"

"We purchased a used 2013 S with quick charge and backup camera with 20k miles for $10500. It's hard to find this kind of value. A lot of people have range anxiety or aren't early adopters of EV's. The resale reflects this. We use the car for everyday driving. It's perfect for our needs. We have a second car for long range driving. The car has lots of pep from 0 to 40. The cabin is very spacious and we aren't little people. I love the idea that we are saving about $100 a month on gas and we are doing our part to help the environment as well. What's not to like?"

I love my Leaf

By on Friday, October 7, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive; low maintenance costs; zero emissions"

Cons: "100 mile range"

"Great comfort, speed, handling, and features. What a pleasure to drive past gas stations. Buying the Leaf has motivated me to put solar on my roof. Zero carbon footprint to operate. Ideal for urban use."

Reduce your carbon footprint, and ready for future

By on Thursday, December 4, 2014

Pros: "Solid built, Incetives help make price palatable"

Cons: "Range, Lack of or Vandelized Charging stations"

Early adopter of the all electric Leaf, glad I took the lease option vs own.

"I completely enjoy my Leaf. Its comfortable with good seat support, great quality finishes and features even on the base model its peppy with surprising acceleration and good handling. I am disappointed though that as more and more make it into the marketplace that fewer establishments are not expanding their charging stations or facilities to keep more than one or two accommodated. Its also a sad to see so many charging stations vandalized whether they are the Nissan charging stations or one at stores. Trading my range anxiety back in for a super small consumption of fuel and relying more on my hybrid car for the second year of my two year lease with Nissan."

Early adopter of the all electric Leaf, glad I took the lease option vs own.

Depreciation nightmare

By on Sunday, November 15, 2015

Pros: "GPS"

Cons: "Worthless resale value for purchasers"

"Although the car is low maintenance and cheap to drive the range has always been about 70% of what Nissan claims. I bought the 8 yr 100k mile warranty 0 deductible but have not needed to use it once. Drive out price with TT&L and 0 down was 42,187. I owe 20,321. today and the can only get 10k on a a private sale. My payment is 552.00 a month on a 4% loan. I should have waited 7 months at the time and gotten the Tesla my wife wanted but I was in too big a hurry to stop polluting. Nissan should do more to help the early adopter purchasers get out of this cash burning machine."

Nice commuter car

By on Friday, December 6, 2013

Pros: "Love it, very quiet interior. plenty of power."

Cons: "needs snow tire for winter"

"It is a good car for 90% of driving. It doesn't do well on the snow. Range around 80 if heater is on. Snow tires help a lot, but drops the range by 10 mile."

Leaning into the future of automobiles

By on Friday, September 5, 2014

Pros: "great value, great handling, quiet, solid, fun"

Cons: "budget materials, range,"

"An interesting fact is that most early cars were electric. Until the 1920's, electric cars out sold gas cars. Things have come full circle with the Nissan Leaf, and electric cars are becoming popular once again. If you own one, it becomes immediately apparent that they are the future. The car is comfortable and relaxing to drive. The tranquility of commuting to work without engine noise or gear shifts is something that I didn't consider when I leased the car, but it's one of it's greatest strengths. It's also got lots of power. It's fast off the line and fun...although as others have said, this is mostly true under 45 mph. The car seems well made, although the materials feel like what you'd find in a $18K car and not a $30K car. That's ok though, the awesomeness of the electric drivetrain more than compensate. In the future though, as electric cars become more common, they will need to drop the price or step up the quality. Overall, I strongly recommend the car. It's a hoot."

Love this car... it pays me!

By on Monday, June 16, 2014

Pros: "great for regular commutes"

Cons: "not for long road trips (without a lot of planning"

"My wife and I bought this car in Sept 13 and was the best decision we've made! Financially, this car just makes sense. first off the $7500 Fed rebate made it very affordable. we only put down $3500, but received a check back from State of California for $2500. then for the kicker, I was paying $350/month in gas for my 2012 Honda. my car payment is only $280; I save money every month."

To Me The Best EV in the market for the Price

By on Thursday, June 4, 2015

Pros: "Economical driving, comfortable, fun to drive,"

Cons: "Tele-metrics;"

My Leaf

"When I shopped for an electric vehicle I considered the Volt, C-MaxEnergi, and the BMW I3. I ended up choosing the Leaf because I wanted a vehicle that was truly all electric. I could not afford a Tesla.... The Leaf ended up on top because of the quality of the ride; it is all electric; interior space for 5; excellent truck space; and value. The Volt was a close second. However, the Volt had only a 38 mile all electric driving range. I typically drive 40 - 60 miles per day. So the Volt fell short unless I charged at work. Also I felt like I sat down in the Volt vs. up in the Leaf. The Leaf can accept an occasional 3rd person in the rear seat. I could not be more pleased with my decision after having driven the vehicle for a year. I am typically seeing currently a range of 103 - 105 miles. During the winter with -5 to 20 degree temperature days I was realizing an 85 mile range... Quite good. The fit and finish is excellent. The navigation and hands free features are good. My only complaint is that when I sync my iPhone to the tele-metrics in the Leaf names are always stored last name first. So the call command always has to begin with the last name... The handling around winding roads as I drive home into the country is quite good. Acceleration is surprisingly good when "eco" is turned off. Regenerative braking is excellent... My commuting distance is 16 miles each way... I typically recovering about 4 miles on my commute... IE my range left shows only 12 miles being consumes... And this is in both directions.... I should add that I do typically avoid the highway going home... At 65 mph you do pay a penalty on range... For me the back roads and the highway take about the same time so I take the back roads.... I might add that I own a second vehicle so extended range is not an issue for me. I strictly use the Leaf for daily driving to and from work plus weekend errands... IF I was limited to one vehicle I would have certainly picked the VOLT."

My Leaf

By on Wednesday, November 3, 2010

"this is a no brainer. i have solar energy at home and i have almost completly wiped out my gas bill every month. and i love the modern classines and sportyness of the leaf"

Nissan leaf is a great car and its 100% electric.

By on Sunday, January 25, 2015

Pros: "Iphone App, Power, Charge at home, quite, 0 emissions"

Cons: "My left foot gets a bit chilly in winter"

"I have had my 2014 Nissan Leaf SV since Feb 2014 and regularly tell people it is the best car i have even owned. I have a 85km round trip commute each day and have recently reached 21,000km. This car impresses me on a daily basis and we even use it to drive up the ski hill after work, after 20min top up at home on the level 2 charger. Outdoor weather proof charger from home depot is $950, no garage required. I regularly use the leaf to drive around 4 10yr olds to soccer with all the balls and gear in the trunk. Have even used it for a few 200km family road trips, just takes a bit of planning to map out the quick charge stations. Currently looking to buy a 2nd one for my wife as it's a great car and highly recommend it."

Excellent local vehicle

By on Saturday, August 2, 2014

Pros: "Very liberating."

Cons: "The cons are just lack of infracstructure/chargers"

"I purchased a SL model, minus the Cold Weather Package, with 20,000 miles for $14,000. Depreciation value aside, to drive by gas stations is a GAS! Love it. I have solar panels and I use dealerships to recharge, in my area public chargers are at a minimum. I have been asking business and city and county officials to get more chargers installed. I use it for a 50 miles radius and I projected to use this car for 80% of my needs. With chargers I can up that to 90% of my needs. It has turned into a hobby/passion/pastime. The car performs as advertised. I added tinted glass to keep the AC use at a minimum. The car was purchased to enjoy the technology. The Over $120 a month saved on gasoline is a plus. While I loved my hybrid's 35 MPG performance, zero fuel is way above that."

Battery capacity loss is real

By on Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Pros: "Comfortable, surprisingly good pick up"

Cons: "sticky brakes, extreme loss of range"

"Great driving comfortable car; however, battery capacity loss is real and makes the car impractical. Even within the 3 bar loss allowed under the capacity warranty, the Leaf's miles have dropped to 40 miles (less in the winter). Also, the brake tends to stick while stopping, which require mashing the brake pedal into the floor to fix. Not a big deal, but a nuisance non the less."

Great second car

By on Monday, July 22, 2013

Pros: "No gas very little maintenance"

Cons: "Looks very Asian"

"Try it you will like it. An awesome second car for less than 80 miles per day. Basically free to own if you are doing 15000 miles per year with a medium sized gas car replace it. Fun to drive accelerates well. This is the future. Look into energy programs tha allow time of use . Even in expensive Southern California you can get in this electricity program and save. Just limit your usage in the afternoon.every family should have a Leaf and either an SUV or a mini van perfect combination . I am 6.4 headroom is fine legroom could be a little bit better but I say that about most cars ."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Nissan LEAF near Honolulu. See local deals