Federal Tax Credit Up To $7,500!

The 2011 Nissan Leaf electric car qualifies for a federal tax credit of up to $7,500, effectively reducing the net base price from $33,720 to $26,220. In addition, some states offer their own purchase incentives, which can be combined with the federal credit. Other electric vehicle-related perks that vary by city or state include single-occupant access to carpool lanes, free metered parking and significantly reduced vehicle registration fees. Home charging stations, which cut charging times in half compared to standard wall outlets, are also eligible for attractive incentives. Nissan offers a useful state-by-state guide to Leaf-specific incentives and perks at nissanusa.com.

2011 Nissan LEAF

Based on 74 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Awesome, Economical & Super Dependable!

By on Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Pros: "Most Everything, No Oil Changes, No Transmission"

Cons: "Only 70 miles on a full charge"

"We bought a used, 2 year old Leaf SL and it's our favorite toy. Quick sub 50 MPH acceleration, comfortable, spacious, quiet and quirky. I'm addicted to not buying gas. But installing a 240 volt charger is a must, must have! The 240 volt charger will juice up the Leaf with 25 miles range in an hour/ or full charge in 3 hours. But that's provided your model has the quick charge option. The Leaf is one of three cars that we own, and it would be somewhat limiting if it were our only vehicle, due to the range constrictions of 70 miles. And 70 mile range means you're driving very conservatively, in ECO Mode and with the Brake Regenerative function, as well. I'm no stranger to high end vehicles. I currently own an older model Boxster and Infiniti Q45, and adore them both. I've also owned a Nissan 350Z, Mercedes E class, BMW 735IL, Saab Turbo convertible, Honda Prelude, Toyota Cellica GTS, and Audi. So, when I say the Leaf is overall, one of the most favorite cars I've ever owned, you can get an idea of what I've experienced. If 70 miles range meets your everyday needs, consider the Leaf. You can always use charging stations when necessary, but that can be a bit of an inconvenience. Don't forget, you must invest the $500 for the 240 volt charger, and another $150 or so for an electrician or qualified handyman to install the plug for it."

One of my best car buying decisions

By on Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Pros: "Economical and surprisingly fun to drive"

Cons: "Range anxiety will always be a factor"

"I retired in December 2015 and relocated from Chicago, to Washington State. When I lived in Chicago, I took the train to the city and rarely drove my car and so I only bought gas once a month, or less. So when I moved to my retirement home, I found I was driving around 30 or 40 miles a day to and from places that I go, like the grocery store, YMCA, and family and I realized that gasoline costs were going to stretch my retirement budget. I started shopping for electric vehicles and ruled out hybrids and the Volt because frankly, I just don't want to buy gas and spend money on oil changes and all of that other stuff that goes with gasoline cars. I have to admit that I was really nervous about the range anxiety factor of owning a pure electric car but I did my research and realized that the Leaf was the only way to go. To make a long story short, I bought a 2015 Leaf S with only 6700 miles on it that had the quick charge port option and the 6.6 Kwh charger upgrade. I got it for $14K and I bought the extended service warranty which was available because of the low mileage. I have owned many cars in my life and as you know, sometimes you make a major purchase only to regret it later. It is going on 2 months and I have to say that the more I drive this car, the more I love it and I think it is the best car buying decision I have ever made. I installed a level 2 (220 volt) charging station for my garage. I find that I usually only have to charge it every other day and I worked with a friend of mine who is an electrical engineer and he figures that it costs me less than $2.00 ever time I charge it. So it is costing me less than $20/mo for electricity and looking forward to the future, there will be no oil changes, no mufflers, exhaust pipes, pumps, hoses, tune ups, spark plugs and wires, fuel filters....all of that stuff that you waste your money on with gas cars. I have never even come close to "running out of gas/electric charge". There are several apps you can download on your smart phone that show you where charging stations are but to be honest, I have only used a public pay per charge station once and it costs me $3.96. So if you did that a lot, it would increase the cost of ownership. As I mentioned, I live in Washington State where the climate is temperate and so I don't use the AC and probably won't use the heater in the winter. You have to invest some time learning how this car works. For instance, when you use the AC and the heater, it drains the main lithium battery however when you use the heated seats and the blower, it runs off of the auxiliary 12 volt battery which does not affect the range between charges. The dashboard on the Leaf is like an airliner....very high tech and it gives you real time data on how your driving is impacting the range of your battery and so you become very conscious of how your driving habits impact the range of the car and I enjoy having that control. So I love this car and it is perfect for me. We still have my wife's Chrysler 200 if we need to take a road trip but I haven't drove it since I bought my Leaf and I will bet that when she retires in a year, we will both be competing for who gets to drive the Leaf. On the not so positive side, the model that I bought is very stripped down. That is why I got it so cheap. But it has the quick charger port and the 6.6Kwh charger upgrade which is extremely important. With the quick charger port, in theory, I can take longer trips with a little bit of planning. Another not so positive about the car is the battery life. Just like any battery device like your smart phone or laptop, the battery capacity gradually diminishes. I did a lot of research on this and found that in the climate I live in, this is not a great issue but it is in hot and cold climates. However, I read that the battery life can be extended somewhat if you only charge the batter to 80%. Originally, the Leaf had an option to allow you to charge the battery to only 80% but apparently that option was removed recently. That is a little frustrating. But other than that, I love this car."

Do not buy a Leaf

By on Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive, handles well"

Cons: "Batery capacity measurement is worthless"

"Nissan's software is completely inaccurate regarding its measure of battery capacity. I get 9 bars yet when I look at the graphs it's barely measuring 10.5 KW of total power utilized out of 24KW/h. The Techs and Engineers insist that NISSAN is right and do not care about what I had to say. They hook it up to their diagnostic equipment and say the battery is fine and just wait till we get 8 bars and we'll replace it. I bought the car wholesale with 2000 miles on it thinking I got a deal for 17K. I got robbed."

Best vehicle ever

By on Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Pros: "Great Price. fun to drive, lights are so bright"

"Very fun to drive. I love the color and the leather seats are very comfortable and also gray. A fast mid-size car with get up and go. Hatchback so convenient with good space. Lay back seats down and have lots of cargo space or you could go camping and two could sleep in it. Love to be able to drive in the fast lane and know I am not putting emissions in the air. The car is sooo quiet."

21st Century Car

By on Monday, May 16, 2011

"After waiting almost a year, I finally took possession of my EV just last month. It is everything I hoped for and more: truly a 21st century car. If I forget to plug it in, it emails me. If it gets low on charge, it calculates a route to the nearest charging station. It has timers to charge during off peak hours and timers to pre-heat and cool the vehicle in summer and winter. If the car has been sitting in the sun for hours, I can turn on the A/C from my computer or smart phone before I leave the building. I get instantaneous feedback about my driving habits, allowing me to drive smarter, stretch my mileage and reduce my costs. The telemetry is impressive and I have access to an incredible amount of data. Don’t believe the anti-EV noise machine out there. This isn’t a glorified golf cart. This is a REAL car, and most important to me, it’s fun to drive. My other car is a Mercedes SLK 280 hardtop convertible roadster and I know what a fun drive is. The leaf has 100% torque instantaneously and will beat my SLK off the line. This is the perfect commuter car for me. I live in San Diego, which has ideal weather conditions for an EV and, ironically, some of the highest gas prices in the country. Instead of filling my tank for $70, I’ll be plugging in my EV in my garage for about $9. My cost is 3 cents a mile PERIOD… no oil changes, no tune ups, no transmission fluid, no air filter, no hassles. It sure beats 25 cents a mile. My EV and I now mock Big Oil."

Quiet But Always Noticed

By on Sunday, March 20, 2011

"The overarching impression from the Leaf is that it's a "real car." When you see a Leaf, you know it; its front and rear are both distinctive enough to distinguish it from similarly shaped hybrids. It's not an electrified version of a gas car, it's a model all its own — not unlike the Prius. One of the most interesting features is a small solar panel atop the SL trim level's liftgate spoiler. Don't be misled; this little thing doesn't add range — it just trickle-charges the regular 12-volt battery. I'd be willing to bet the high-voltage battery pack loses more energy when sitting parked than the solar panel collects. Due to the nature of electric motors, the Leaf has robust torque from a standing start — enough to spin the tires before the traction control intervenes, especially when turning after a traffic signal turns green. With a zero-to-60 mph time of roughly 7 seconds, off-the-line acceleration is sprightly up to around 45 mph, and then you see the rate begin to decrease — to a degree that you must be patient if you plan to pass at highway speeds. This is the nature of an electric drivetrain with no conventional transmission and only one "speed." The top speed is electronically limited to 95 mph. I found myself speeding inadvertently — a lot. This is always a good sign in a car. It reflects low noise levels, stability and confidence, things you don't always get in typical cars, much less in efficient ones. In normal driving, the car's dynamics are agreeable, and this is all most drivers will ever encounter. If you push the car harder, it corners differently than normal cars do. Best I can tell, it's because the 600-pound battery pack lowers the center of gravity dramatically, even compared with the Chevy Volt. The pack is under the front and rear seats entirely, which positions all that mass low and between the front and rear axles. In a normal car, when you take a sharp turn the body leans and the inside wheels get light, making the outside tires work harder to hold the car on the road. In the Leaf, when the tires begin to lose their grip, they seem to do so in unison. I'm struck by how simple it is, and I don't mean that in a bad way. The car has a battery pack connected through associated electronics to an electric drive motor that powers the front wheels through a few reduction gears and a differential. That's pretty much it. No clutches, no conventional transmission, no secondary source of locomotion."

Awesome car, I love driving it.

By on Saturday, September 24, 2011

Pros: "Quiet, comfortable, Great air conditioner for AZ, Great acceleration up to 45 mph then tappers off."

Cons: "Sun visors aren't great."

"Fun car to drive. We absolutely love it. So far our leaf is averaging 220 kw usage per 1,000 miles. At our electric. rates that is $24/1,000 miles of driving. I installed 6 solar electric panels which are producing 240( ) kw/month to offset our usage. We use the leaf for all of our 80 mile or less drives. That range will be extended as they add more charging stations. Above 60mph the battery drain rate seems to increase. If you go 75 mph on the freeway the range is reduced to between 50 to 70 miles depending on how much of a reserve you are comfortable with and how many hills you encounter. We use a 240V level 2 charger. With inter-day charging we occasionally put 130 miles on our leaf for the day. My 17 year old son drives his 4 teenage friends around on the weekends. The 5 teenagers fit comfortably in the Leaf. With the back seat laid down I can fit one bicycle in with the front wheel on or 2 bicycles with their front wheels removed. Plugging the Leaf in has been a lot less effort than I had imagined. I just pop the plug cover latch from inside the car before I get out the grab the cord and plug it in as I walk by the front of the car to go in the house. Electric cars are not for everyone, but the Leaf has worked out great for our family. (just wish we had two)"

Much Better than the Volt!!!

By on Saturday, November 17, 2012

Pros: "Acceleration, torque, Heated steering, 80+ miles"

Cons: "More storage under cargo area mat"

"We have a 68 mile daily commute to and from work in cold climate Michigan so we looked at the volt, prius, tdi, among others trying to offset costs of gas. We narrowed our choice to a volt or leaf after test driving cars. The volt was a close second but the Leaf beat it out for the following reasons: the volt managed a meager 30 miles in all electric when driven in temps hovering in the mid 40‘s - this wouldn't even get us half way. The leaf pulled out 82 during same weather. The leaf is larger with seating for 5 and larger cargo area. We liked the Leaf's dash and gauge layout better than the Volt. The leaf is quiet,yet has tremendous torque and really flies off the line. And price Carwings - We love how we can start the climate control, heat our car, and get it ready without leaving our house. Carwings let's us do all of this via our phone or ipad. Great feature. Navigation system is top notch and very accurate. Love xm Acceleration and torque. Heated steering wheel Roomy interior and comfortable seats LED headlights 80+ miles of all electric driving which meets our daily commute of 68 with miles to spare. Never had to recharge at work. We have made long tips (160 miles) in the car with planning. We traveled to Detroit from grand rapids with one stop in Lansing to charge our car. Worked out well as lots of charging statins along the way."

A True Electric Car

By on Tuesday, February 8, 2011

"The Nissan LEAF is a purpose built true electric car. Therefore it was built from the ground up to be an electric car. It's not a retrofit of an existing car to make it an electric car. The engineering of the vehicle is amazing. It accelerates like a V6. It is extremely quite. The car feels very open and roomy. There's a lot of headroom. The car is loaded with technology including performance analysis, Internet connection (to upload telemetry and to start the climate control system remotely), XM, iPod integration, keyless, backup camera, solar panel (to charge accessory battery), and of course an entirely electric drive train. It's a really fun car to drive and worth every penny."

new owner comments

By on Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Pros: "Great for what its intended for."

Cons: "May face some long term range drop."

"We've only owned our Leaf for a few weeks, so our experience is still limited. However, I wonder why another owner who uses his car 20K a year and wants to drive more than 65 m/h bought this car? Our situation seems perfect for a Leaf, as we use it to commute and do local errands averaging 25 or 30 mi/day on weekdays. Even if the battery does eventually degrade by 20% as reported in hot climates like Arizona, we'd still be okay. So we're happy so far, and with a Prius for long trips our total gas savings over our previous car arrangements offers direct energy cost of about 25 percent of what we paid when we had a Nissan van and a Corolla. And we only use 17 percent of the gas we did before. Take that Big Oil."

Great electric car

By on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, very effecient, great value."

Cons: "Choices of interior and not many charging stations"

"In 1996 I decided to build an electric car due to the gas prices and just for the challenge. While I really enjoyed that car for many years it didn't not have all the bells and whistles of a modern day car so I sold it and bought the LEAF. Other than not having any other full electric cars to choose from for styling, this car is everything of what I had hoped for and more. It is great car with all the online gadgets and information that it captures and the range is plenty for my daily drive of around 50 miles. I wish the range was a little more so I could make more than one trip without charging, but it is easy enough to plug in after each trip. Many have asked me "What happens when you run out of battery?" My response is what happens when you run out of gas? Same thing for the electric car for the most part. It is just like having a car with a smaller gas tank, but with the advantage you can fill up at home for a lot less cost. If there were the same number of charging stations around the country as there are gas stations there wouldn't be any issue in going longer distances. The problem in my area is there isn't any charging stations within 60 miles and many of the destinations I would go to farther than the ~100mi range don't have any stations. Need to put them in at Malls, restaurants, etc. Even with this fact, the LEAF is what I would call our main vehicle, but we also have a gas vehicle for the longer trips and vacations. It is a great car and I am excited to see other pure electric cars become available. I think someone could jump in and drive this and not even notice that it is electric since Nissan went to a lot of effort to make it act and perform like a regular gas car."

Vehicle of the Future

By on Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pros: "Efficient, Environmental, Economical, Incentives"

Cons: "Range"

"I love this car. My Leaf is the most advanced mass produced vehicle currently available. Others talk about the feeling of passing gas stations in their Leaf, I love the feeling when passing 5000 miles and not needing to go in for an oil change. You're emitting zero CO2 to operate, couple that with solar at home and you're carbon neutral for transportation. I drive 54 miles during commute hours daily, all freeway miles and I have around 20-30 miles left at the end of the day. I know I'm not the most efficient driver, but I guess the idea here is, if you use your car legally, <65mph when posted, it'll out perform the detractors' low ball stats."

Great Rebirth for EVs

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Pros: "Quiet, reasonable fuel costs, Clean and Green"

Cons: "100 mile range - for long roadtrips"

"As an early adopter, we pay the price to help the movement towards sustainable clean energy options. While the Nissan Leaf has limited range (~100 miles depending on driving conditions), it is a very practical car for our daily use (~50 miles). The interior of our 2011 Leaf is spacious with significant headroom and legroom in both front and rear seats. A few blind spots exist in the rear piers of the vehicle. Side mirrors help address these blind spots, but hope this can be more adequately adressed in future models. To long term ownership value is to be determined, however the benefits of reduced fuel cost and use of HOV lanes during commute times are a significant immediate benefit and added value of the vehicle. Considering the Federal tax credit, state air quality rebate, HOV sticker - there are many early adopter incentives going on currently (2011 / 2012) that helped sway our decision towards an all electric vehicle. With the rising cost of oil/gas our monthly transportation fuel cost is now ~ 1/6!!!! While initial sticker is slightly higher than an internal combustion engine or hybrid vehicle of same features, the Total Cost of Ownership (when compared to ICE or hybrid cars) is actually less (no oil/oil filter changes, no timing belt / pump change). The long term unknown is the battery life beyond warranty and how the warranty coverage will apply should we need to envoke coverage. We are confident that Nissan will honor their 96 month 125,000 mile warranty and that the car will provide enough power/range for our daily needs. We plan to replace our other internal combustion engine vehicle when the electric rapid charging (quick charge) infrastructure has matured in California (and hopefully all of United States), and when a future generation mass market EV (from a EV technology and thought leader such as Nissan, Toyota, Tesla or other) can provide 300 miles of range in a vehicle priced under $40,000 after incentives."

Dissappointed with range

By on Sunday, September 15, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "Drives well, quality build"

Cons: "Short range on freeways."

"I just test drove a 2011 Leaf with 6000 miles on it. I have a 56 mile round trip commute so I asked for a long test drive since the dealership is two blocks from my work. So I drove it from the dealership to my house and back. The drive is mostly freeway miles with only one big hill and a few small ones. I put on the a/c and head lights to try to see what it could do in extreme conditions. When I left the dealership the range meter said 84 miles. When I got back to the dealership I had gone 57 miles and the battery level was all the way down and the miles indicator was flashing a low battery warning for the final 3 miles or so. I was very disappointed that the Leaf could not go 50ish miles on the freeway in ECO mode at 65 mph without completely running the battery down. I was glad I took it for the long test drive before buying it expecting to get at least 60 plus on a full charge. The ride and everything else was very good, just couldn't worry about the mileage everyday of my commute, so I didn't buy it."

Best new car hands down. 11 months later...

By on Monday, May 21, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, quiet, buck a day for 50 miles."

Cons: "why white seats? no coin holder."

"After driving this car at least 50 miles every day for almost one year now I cannot imagine ever buying another gas car again. The 7500 mile service was $19.95, there was nothing to do but a tire rotation. There are no belts or hoses, no oil changes or transmission or anything that needs attention, i bet the brakes last 200k miles due to the regenerative braking effect when you let off the accelerator. This is the perfect car for just about everyone that drives less that 70 miles a day and has a garage they can charge in. I did away with any range angscity the first week i owned it by driving up to the top of a 6,000 mountain outside my town. I was white knuckled all the way up due to how long and steep the road was and when i got there it said i could only go 14 more miles, but the battery bars only showed 8 of 12 being used. When I turned around and got all the way back home it said I had 50 miles left in the battery and there were still 3 of 12 bars left. Only used a little battery as I was mostly charging the battery on the way back by going downhill."

The most AMAZING vehicles I have ever owned!

By on Sunday, September 1, 2013

Pros: "EVERYTHING all Pros"

Cons: "I have no Cons!"

"My Nissan Leaf is the most AMAZING vehicle on the planet. Think about it, the motor has only 7 or 8 moving parts, No transmission, No Gas No Oil, No Trnsmission fluid, Has full torque from 0 RPM, Very Quick and will take most V6 vehicles off the line, Runs with the big dogs on the freeway, I would like to say it will easily do 100 MPH but I won't because that's against the law (just trust me on this one), I was owner of an Auto and RV Service Center and I have worked on thousands of cars, trucks and RV's and nothing has impressed me as this NISSAN LEAF. This vehicle made WORLD CAR OF THE YEAR!. Plus NO EMISSIONs. Note: My Nissan Leaf replaced my quad cab pick-up and the wife and I took the money we would spent on gas, oil and maintenance every week and put it in a savings account and two years later we have $9,020.00 dollars in the account. Also, If I was paying for electricity it would cost me only about $35.00 per month. However, sense I have Solar and don't have an electric bill, it is all pure clean and free energy. How many miles can you drive for free? If you want to go green this is the way to do it."

The Future is here!

By on Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Pros: "Near zero emissions, fun to drive, cool technology, no more gas stations"

Cons: "Cheap sun visors, manual seats, no spontaneous errands more than 5 miles out of my way."

"While not for everyone, if you meet the target market for this car; daily commute under 70 miles, temperate climate, ability to have a 240 volt/30 amp charger installed, second gas/diesel vehicle for weekends and trips, I highly recommend the Leaf as a way to reduce your dependance on BIG OIL. Range anxiety is the issue most touted by journalists and commentors as the Leaf's achilles heel. If your daily commute is 70 miles or less, you will never have a problem with running out of power. Driving dynamics are much better than I expected. Power delivery is smooth and linear, handling is suprisingly nimble and ride quality is communicative without being jarring. Interior technology is superb with high-end features that you would expect in a $35K car. Interior surfaces are acceptable, but are definately a less than ideal combination. The only disappointment in regards to the interior is the sun visors and the manual seat adjustment, both have an econo-box feel to them and are a reminder that Nissan cut some corners in the interior to deliver the Leaf at a almost reasonable price. The exterior styling is distinctive and quite practical, but I like hatchbacks and wagons. At almost the same price as my Volvo V50 wagon, I think the Leaf is a great way to support alternative fuel vehicle development without sacrificing my comfort."

If you fit the EV profile - LEAF is near perfect

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pros: "Low cost of operation, Drive experience"

Cons: "Low quality carpet"

"This 2013 LEAF SL is our second LEAF. We had a 2011 SL on which we accumulated 12,000 miles in two years. Yes, we are low mileage drivers. Why the upgrade? Improved range, leather interior and some other feature upgrades - such as optional Bose audio and around view monitor that uses four cameras to check out surroundings while parking. LEAF is not for everyone. With it you can't drive from San Diego to Las Vegas. But with all of the money that you save on gas, you will be able to fly to Vegas, save time, and save money. The number one question I receive is "How far will it go?" My answer is consistent - if driving range is that important to you, this is not the right car for you. But if you fit the EV profile - daily drives total less than 60 or 70 miles (which is roughly 80 percent of the market according to various studies), LEAF is near perfect. The EPA range is 75 miles, but many drivers report the dreaded range anxiety as mileage increases, which is why I posited 60 to 70 miles above. Annual energy cost (according to the EPA) is $500 for someone driving 15,000 miles each year. The average new car achieves 23 miles per gallon (combined) and will consume $2,550 worth of gasoline each year at current gas prices. $2,050 energy savings each year of ownership adds up to significant savings. These numbers will need to be tailored to your own annual mileage. Pros? Time savings (no hunting for gas stations then waiting to fuel, and charging while we sleep). Reduced operating costs (no oil & filter changes, no tune-ups, no waiting for the above). Reduced dependency on oil. Cons? Nissan could have used a better quality material for the carpet. The floor mats help, but the carpet material is cheap. If that's the only con... I can live with it. Would I do it again? I already did!"

Dear Perfect Engineering

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "No gas, ever! Quiet, smooth ride, quick"

Cons: "Charger contractor not responsive, iPhone app fail"

"Nissan did an outstanding job on the Leaf. After all the tax incentives, the car represents the best value in transportation. Setting aside political (foreign oil dependency) and environmental (carbon emission) ideologies, the Leaf completely stands alone as the most modern and thoughtfully engineered urban vehicle today. It rides smoothly, accelerates quickly, and is equipped with all the digital wizardry from Bluetooth to Carwings. After having driven Mercedes for over 20 years, I traded in my S550 for the Leaf and was glad that I did. I was mentally prepared for the Leaf's limited range. So far city commute is manageable. The only bad experience is with Aeroenvironment, Nissan's contractor for the Level 2 charger. I went with an alternate local solution using a ClipperCreek charger. It's cheaper ($1800 includes the charger and installation), and in my experience much better than Nissan's contractor. The only other minor issue is that Carwing's iPhone app doesn't work with the 4S. The car itself is near perfect."

Fun to drive, and near zero maintenance

By on Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive, no gas cost"

Cons: "Satellite radio sounds tinny"

"This has been the best new car I have ever purchased (about 4th). All worked as published, and you can see a lot of thought went in from the bottom up to make this an efficient car that still feels like a "real" car. There are several indicators to let you know how efficiently you are driving - so up to you whether you want to be a lead foot or not - and how much energy distance you have left. The only thing that has worn in 31,000 miles are the tires."

Best car I've ever owned!

By on Thursday, June 21, 2012

"Besides driving the LEAF, the coolest thing about it is how interested people are to know more about it. Also, when you give someone a ride and they have this confused look on their face when the car starts to move. "Aren't you going to start it?", they ask, and then... "Whoa-we're moving!?" The LEAF has an incredible amount of torque off the line. And it does 0 to 60 mph in 7.9 seconds. While it's not a sports car, the guy in his 2012 Camaro next to you at the stop light is going to get his feelings hurt (for the first 100 feet). I'm leasing the LEAF. I'll have the option to buy it at $15,000. If the market for this car is anything like it was for the Prius when it first came out, I'll be able to sell it immediately at a nice profit."

New Revolution in Transportation

By on Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, Great Torque and no visit to Gas stations"

"I live in Silicon Valley. Use it for daily commute from Fremont to San Jose. So far very satisfied. PG"

Great little car but the battery needs improvement

By on Tuesday, May 14, 2013

"I leased a 2013 Nissan Leaf about two months ago. I was told that I could get up to 116 miles per charge, this would depend on outside temperature and driving conditions. I am lucky to get 60 miles on a charge when the temperature is 70 to 80 degrees. I would really hate to see how low the mileage would go on a real cold or real hot day. The car is a lot of fun to drive and works great for very short trips."

No turning back!

By on Wednesday, May 18, 2011

"This is a car for the future, but the future is already here for me. I hear no other noise but the quiet wind noise and occasionally the tire noise when the car runs over some lane dividers. Hey! I've already received the $5,000 state incentive; and I've also received my HOV sticker. The best of all, I've not bought any gasoline for the last three (3) months. In addition, I've also learned how to drive normally and conserve the battery charges without driving the ECO mode. It is just great!"

great car, easy and fun to drive.

By on Sunday, May 11, 2014

"I have had this car for a little over a year. I really like using zip lane to work,and carpool lane on the way home. I have solar on my home and don't pay for any fuel charge at all. Its been great so far. Plus $7500 tax credit was real nice."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Nissan LEAF near Honolulu. See local deals