Federal Tax Credit Up To $7,500! The 2011 Nissan Leaf electric car qualifies for a federal tax credit of up to $7,500, effectively reducing the net base price from $33,720 to $26,220. In addition, some states offer their own purchase incentives, which can be combined with the federal credit. Other electric vehicle-related perks that vary by city or state include single-occupant access to carpool lanes, free metered parking and significantly reduced vehicle registration fees. Home charging stations, which cut charging times in half compared to standard wall outlets, are also eligible for attractive incentives. Nissan offers a useful state-by-state guide to Leaf-specific incentives and perks at nissanusa.com.

2011 Nissan LEAF

Based on 55 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Vehicle of the Future

By on Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pros: "Efficient, Environmental, Economical, Incentives"

Cons: "Range"

"I love this car. My Leaf is the most advanced mass produced vehicle currently available. Others talk about the feeling of passing gas stations in their Leaf, I love the feeling when passing 5000 miles and not needing to go in for an oil change. You're emitting zero CO2 to operate, couple that with solar at home and you're carbon neutral for transportation. I drive 54 miles during commute hours daily, all freeway miles and I have around 20-30 miles left at the end of the day. I know I'm not the most efficient driver, but I guess the idea here is, if you use your car legally, <65mph when posted, it'll out perform the detractors' low ball stats."

Love this cur but....

By on Friday, November 04, 2011

Pros: "Great economy"

Cons: "Range Anxiety"

"I simply love this car however, this is not for everyone. A) Buy this car only for commute and preferably less than 25 miles each way b) Buy this car only if you can live with range anxiety. You always have range anxiety. c) Buy this car only if you are ok with not zipping through the freeways all the time. Freeway range is lesser than city range. d) Buy this car only if you are ok in changing in your driving habits Mileage is phenomenal. Controls and nav systems are better than expected. Seats look cheap."

I love my Leaf

By on Friday, October 07, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive; low maintenance costs; zero emissions"

Cons: "100 mile range"

"Great comfort, speed, handling, and features. What a pleasure to drive past gas stations. Buying the Leaf has motivated me to put solar on my roof. Zero carbon footprint to operate. Ideal for urban use."

Awesome car, I love driving it.

By on Saturday, September 24, 2011

Pros: "Quiet, comfortable, Great air conditioner for AZ, Great acceleration up to 45 mph then tappers off."

Cons: "Sun visors aren't great."

"Fun car to drive. We absolutely love it. So far our leaf is averaging 220 kw usage per 1,000 miles. At our electric. rates that is $24/1,000 miles of driving. I installed 6 solar electric panels which are producing 240( ) kw/month to offset our usage. We use the leaf for all of our 80 mile or less drives. That range will be extended as they add more charging stations. Above 60mph the battery drain rate seems to increase. If you go 75 mph on the freeway the range is reduced to between 50 to 70 miles depending on how much of a reserve you are comfortable with and how many hills you encounter. We use a 240V level 2 charger. With inter-day charging we occasionally put 130 miles on our leaf for the day. My 17 year old son drives his 4 teenage friends around on the weekends. The 5 teenagers fit comfortably in the Leaf. With the back seat laid down I can fit one bicycle in with the front wheel on or 2 bicycles with their front wheels removed. Plugging the Leaf in has been a lot less effort than I had imagined. I just pop the plug cover latch from inside the car before I get out the grab the cord and plug it in as I walk by the front of the car to go in the house. Electric cars are not for everyone, but the Leaf has worked out great for our family. (just wish we had two)"

New Revolution in Transportation

By on Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, Great Torque and no visit to Gas stations"

"I live in Silicon Valley. Use it for daily commute from Fremont to San Jose. So far very satisfied. PG"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Nissan LEAF near Honolulu. See local deals