Federal Tax Credit Up To $7,500! The 2011 Nissan Leaf electric car qualifies for a federal tax credit of up to $7,500, effectively reducing the net base price from $33,720 to $26,220. In addition, some states offer their own purchase incentives, which can be combined with the federal credit. Other electric vehicle-related perks that vary by city or state include single-occupant access to carpool lanes, free metered parking and significantly reduced vehicle registration fees. Home charging stations, which cut charging times in half compared to standard wall outlets, are also eligible for attractive incentives. Nissan offers a useful state-by-state guide to Leaf-specific incentives and perks at nissanusa.com.

2011 Nissan LEAF

Based on 57 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Many pros and cons to this car

By on Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pros: "No gas and very low maintenance."

"Cons=Look at the resale value! Very low. Battery capacity loss!!! ( after 18k miles my battery does not charge up completely ) 20 percent loss of charging now. Dealer WILL NOT WARRANTY CAPACITY LOSS. $20k for new battery.To get extended range you will need to drive it 65 mph or less, excluding hills. Hills are a KILLER on battery range. You will get run over in carpool lane going 65 mph. Be very careful about battery charging. 1 full charge a day on 110v or 220v works best. Hard accelerations, high speed driving and 440v charging not recommended. 1 or more charging bars on dashboard will disappear over time. 12 bars to start with. Class action law suite in the works over this issue."

Best car I've ever owned!

By on Thursday, June 21, 2012

"Besides driving the LEAF, the coolest thing about it is how interested people are to know more about it. Also, when you give someone a ride and they have this confused look on their face when the car starts to move. "Aren't you going to start it?", they ask, and then... "Whoa-we're moving!?" The LEAF has an incredible amount of torque off the line. And it does 0 to 60 mph in 7.9 seconds. While it's not a sports car, the guy in his 2012 Camaro next to you at the stop light is going to get his feelings hurt (for the first 100 feet). I'm leasing the LEAF. I'll have the option to buy it at $15,000. If the market for this car is anything like it was for the Prius when it first came out, I'll be able to sell it immediately at a nice profit."

Best EV in the market, Built ground up

By on Monday, June 04, 2012

Pros: "Zero Maintenance, Instant Torque, Green"

Cons: "Mini Van like seating"

"This is not a conversion of an existing model. Its completely Green Car, built ground-up"

Best new car hands down. 11 months later...

By on Monday, May 21, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, quiet, buck a day for 50 miles."

Cons: "why white seats? no coin holder."

"After driving this car at least 50 miles every day for almost one year now I cannot imagine ever buying another gas car again. The 7500 mile service was $19.95, there was nothing to do but a tire rotation. There are no belts or hoses, no oil changes or transmission or anything that needs attention, i bet the brakes last 200k miles due to the regenerative braking effect when you let off the accelerator. This is the perfect car for just about everyone that drives less that 70 miles a day and has a garage they can charge in. I did away with any range angscity the first week i owned it by driving up to the top of a 6,000 mountain outside my town. I was white knuckled all the way up due to how long and steep the road was and when i got there it said i could only go 14 more miles, but the battery bars only showed 8 of 12 being used. When I turned around and got all the way back home it said I had 50 miles left in the battery and there were still 3 of 12 bars left. Only used a little battery as I was mostly charging the battery on the way back by going downhill."

Great electric car

By on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, very effecient, great value."

Cons: "Choices of interior and not many charging stations"

"In 1996 I decided to build an electric car due to the gas prices and just for the challenge. While I really enjoyed that car for many years it didn't not have all the bells and whistles of a modern day car so I sold it and bought the LEAF. Other than not having any other full electric cars to choose from for styling, this car is everything of what I had hoped for and more. It is great car with all the online gadgets and information that it captures and the range is plenty for my daily drive of around 50 miles. I wish the range was a little more so I could make more than one trip without charging, but it is easy enough to plug in after each trip. Many have asked me "What happens when you run out of battery?" My response is what happens when you run out of gas? Same thing for the electric car for the most part. It is just like having a car with a smaller gas tank, but with the advantage you can fill up at home for a lot less cost. If there were the same number of charging stations around the country as there are gas stations there wouldn't be any issue in going longer distances. The problem in my area is there isn't any charging stations within 60 miles and many of the destinations I would go to farther than the ~100mi range don't have any stations. Need to put them in at Malls, restaurants, etc. Even with this fact, the LEAF is what I would call our main vehicle, but we also have a gas vehicle for the longer trips and vacations. It is a great car and I am excited to see other pure electric cars become available. I think someone could jump in and drive this and not even notice that it is electric since Nissan went to a lot of effort to make it act and perform like a regular gas car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Nissan LEAF near Honolulu. See local deals