Federal Tax Credit Up To $7,500! The 2011 Nissan Leaf electric car qualifies for a federal tax credit of up to $7,500, effectively reducing the net base price from $33,720 to $26,220. In addition, some states offer their own purchase incentives, which can be combined with the federal credit. Other electric vehicle-related perks that vary by city or state include single-occupant access to carpool lanes, free metered parking and significantly reduced vehicle registration fees. Home charging stations, which cut charging times in half compared to standard wall outlets, are also eligible for attractive incentives. Nissan offers a useful state-by-state guide to Leaf-specific incentives and perks at nissanusa.com.

2011 Nissan LEAF

Based on 54 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Safety considerations? Doing one's HW B4 Buying.

By on Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Pros: "Commuter lane access"

Cons: "Safety concerns at speeds over 40MPH"

"Simply doesn't matter if you feel like Jane Jetson when driving because such feelings can be overly misleading and irrelevant. Before you purchase any vehicle take the time to look at all crash tests for the vehicle in question. In this case the 2014 Nissan Leaf. Might wish to Google the following web site review / report on the Leaf. It's titled, "2014 Nissan Leaf small overlap IIHS crash test." The following crash test results caught my attention and concern, especially when transporting others as well as myself at speeds in excess of 40MPH."

Foolish to consider a Leaf given SDG&E hi Rates

By on Saturday, January 10, 2015

Pros: "Commuter lane access"

Cons: "Just about everything else including no use /AC/HT"

"It’s simply foolish to buy a Nissan Leaf unless you also own solar on your home in S. California to help defray SDG&E energy rates (even under time of use conditions) which happen to be 2-3 times the national average /the highest rates (per KWh) in the nation as of the writing of this recommendation. At these prices you are much better off filling up a Nissan Versa with gas to the brim even at Sunny SD inflated gasoline prices. We call it the sunshine tax for a reason. Welcome to the land of the fruits and nuts (most of which are located in SF and Sacramento respectively). To give you an idea, my monthly SDG&E electricity statement (which btw is second only to our mortgage) for 1300 kilowatt hours as of Sept. 2013 was a $449.00. That's right, nearly $450. Before the Leaf our rates averaged $85 to 120 monthly. Just as a comparison, when I first started as a customer with SDG&E back in 1979 I was only paying $15 monthly for electricity. Today I spend $15 daily! Given the slight decline locally in Exxon gasoline prices, it’s actually cheaper to drive our 6 cylinder 2012 Nissan Murano as of October 2013 thru Dec. 2014. Why spend big money not only on added three tier level Electricity rates but also on a very limited range vehicles? It's simply crazy to say the least. Buy a Leaf in this high rate electric market in San Diego or even the Bay Area is truly nuts, Btw, anyone out there interested in taking over my monthly 2013 Leaf Car Payments which now gets 19% less range than when we first purchased it new only 20 months ago? Yes folks, that's nearly 1% PER MONTH loss of driving range thanks to Nissan batteries. Won't be long before this vehicle stops being a commuter car and simply sits in our driveway as a golf cart to the shopping mall. That is unless I wanna spend another $5-6K on a nissan leaf replacement battery. It's like spending good money over bad. Sorry but I can't recommend a Nissan Leaf at all. Not even to my golf buddies!"

I LOVE MY LEAF! I feel like Jane Jetson!

By on Thursday, January 01, 2015

Pros: "Green, zippy, roomy, quiet, affordable, fun!"

Cons: "Battery life for highway driving."

"My average daily driving is 40 - 50 miles in town, this is a second car. In my area, charging stations are plentiful and convenient and mostly free. Plugging in at home overnight in a regular outlet is sufficient to completely charge it. No noticeable increase in my power bill. Very zippy, quiet, fun to drive, and surprisingly roomy. I frequently bring 4 teenagers and their backpacks home from school. My Great Dane loves to ride in the back seat! I can make 25-30 mile round trips on the interstate starting with a full charge. Hotter weather, running the a/c, depletes battery quicker at highway speeds. With in town driving my battery life is greatly extended, exceeding the displayed remaining range. Highway driving estimated range is pretty accurate especially if I use cruise control. An excellent second car!"

Great car, cost very little to operate

By on Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, cost very little"

"I love the car. Cost about $1 to $2 per day to charge the car for my 65 miles commute. Thanks for the 100% torque all the time, pick up is quite snappy. Has no problem passing other cars on highway. Basically, no maintenance cost. Skip any maintenance packages dealer try to sell you."

Reduce your carbon footprint, and ready for future

By on Thursday, December 04, 2014

Pros: "Solid built, Incetives help make price palatable"

Cons: "Range, Lack of or Vandelized Charging stations"

Early adopter of the all electric Leaf, glad I took the lease option vs own.

"I completely enjoy my Leaf. Its comfortable with good seat support, great quality finishes and features even on the base model its peppy with surprising acceleration and good handling. I am disappointed though that as more and more make it into the marketplace that fewer establishments are not expanding their charging stations or facilities to keep more than one or two accommodated. Its also a sad to see so many charging stations vandalized whether they are the Nissan charging stations or one at stores. Trading my range anxiety back in for a super small consumption of fuel and relying more on my hybrid car for the second year of my two year lease with Nissan."

Early adopter of the all electric Leaf, glad I took the lease option vs own.

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Nissan LEAF near Honolulu. See local deals