Federal Tax Credit Up To $7,500! The 2011 Nissan Leaf electric car qualifies for a federal tax credit of up to $7,500, effectively reducing the net base price from $33,720 to $26,220. In addition, some states offer their own purchase incentives, which can be combined with the federal credit. Other electric vehicle-related perks that vary by city or state include single-occupant access to carpool lanes, free metered parking and significantly reduced vehicle registration fees. Home charging stations, which cut charging times in half compared to standard wall outlets, are also eligible for attractive incentives. Nissan offers a useful state-by-state guide to Leaf-specific incentives and perks at nissanusa.com.

2011 Nissan LEAF

Based on 57 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Extremely Advanced Car - So Quiet and Quick Enough

By on Monday, March 02, 2015

Pros: "Quick, Quiet in a luxurious way, edgy, spacious"

Cons: "You can't plan over 60 miles on hot/cold day"

"If you drive a car in the city and want to park in tight spots, quickly accelerate from 0 - 30mph, require lots of trunk and head space, plus does not pollute or damage the lungs of your cycling, walking and running fellow humans then this is your car. We buy wind power and charge our car overnight with a 110v and only use the charging stations when going to Whole Foods or the Science Center."

Fun to drive, and near zero maintenance

By on Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive, no gas cost"

Cons: "Satellite radio sounds tinny"

"This has been the best new car I have ever purchased (about 4th). All worked as published, and you can see a lot of thought went in from the bottom up to make this an efficient car that still feels like a "real" car. There are several indicators to let you know how efficiently you are driving - so up to you whether you want to be a lead foot or not - and how much energy distance you have left. The only thing that has worn in 31,000 miles are the tires."

Nissan leaf is a great car and its 100% electric.

By on Sunday, January 25, 2015

Pros: "Iphone App, Power, Charge at home, quite, 0 emissions"

Cons: "My left foot gets a bit chilly in winter"

"I have had my 2014 Nissan Leaf SV since Feb 2014 and regularly tell people it is the best car i have even owned. I have a 85km round trip commute each day and have recently reached 21,000km. This car impresses me on a daily basis and we even use it to drive up the ski hill after work, after 20min top up at home on the level 2 charger. Outdoor weather proof charger from home depot is $950, no garage required. I regularly use the leaf to drive around 4 10yr olds to soccer with all the balls and gear in the trunk. Have even used it for a few 200km family road trips, just takes a bit of planning to map out the quick charge stations. Currently looking to buy a 2nd one for my wife as it's a great car and highly recommend it."

Safety considerations? Doing one's HW B4 Buying.

By on Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Pros: "Commuter lane access"

Cons: "Safety concerns at speeds over 40MPH"

"Simply doesn't matter if you feel like Jane Jetson when driving because such feelings can be overly misleading and irrelevant. Before you purchase any vehicle take the time to look at all crash tests for the vehicle in question. In this case the 2014 Nissan Leaf. Might wish to Google the following web site review / report on the Leaf. It's titled, "2014 Nissan Leaf small overlap IIHS crash test." The following crash test results caught my attention and concern, especially when transporting others as well as myself at speeds in excess of 40MPH."

I LOVE MY LEAF! I feel like Jane Jetson!

By on Thursday, January 01, 2015

Pros: "Green, zippy, roomy, quiet, affordable, fun!"

Cons: "Battery life for highway driving."

"My average daily driving is 40 - 50 miles in town, this is a second car. In my area, charging stations are plentiful and convenient and mostly free. Plugging in at home overnight in a regular outlet is sufficient to completely charge it. No noticeable increase in my power bill. Very zippy, quiet, fun to drive, and surprisingly roomy. I frequently bring 4 teenagers and their backpacks home from school. My Great Dane loves to ride in the back seat! I can make 25-30 mile round trips on the interstate starting with a full charge. Hotter weather, running the a/c, depletes battery quicker at highway speeds. With in town driving my battery life is greatly extended, exceeding the displayed remaining range. Highway driving estimated range is pretty accurate especially if I use cruise control. An excellent second car!"

Great car, cost very little to operate

By on Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, cost very little"

"I love the car. Cost about $1 to $2 per day to charge the car for my 65 miles commute. Thanks for the 100% torque all the time, pick up is quite snappy. Has no problem passing other cars on highway. Basically, no maintenance cost. Skip any maintenance packages dealer try to sell you."

Reduce your carbon footprint, and ready for future

By on Thursday, December 04, 2014

Pros: "Solid built, Incetives help make price palatable"

Cons: "Range, Lack of or Vandelized Charging stations"

Early adopter of the all electric Leaf, glad I took the lease option vs own.

"I completely enjoy my Leaf. Its comfortable with good seat support, great quality finishes and features even on the base model its peppy with surprising acceleration and good handling. I am disappointed though that as more and more make it into the marketplace that fewer establishments are not expanding their charging stations or facilities to keep more than one or two accommodated. Its also a sad to see so many charging stations vandalized whether they are the Nissan charging stations or one at stores. Trading my range anxiety back in for a super small consumption of fuel and relying more on my hybrid car for the second year of my two year lease with Nissan."

Early adopter of the all electric Leaf, glad I took the lease option vs own.

I love my Leaf!

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "Crazy cheap to drive, zippy in the city"

Cons: "60 mile range - not for extended highway driving."

"When you do the math, you'll find that this is the most economical way to drive. The cost of this vehicle is less than many gas powered vehicles (after all the incentives), and you pay next to nothing to drive it. I'ts super zippy and fun to drive in the city, and it's got enough pedal left to drive comfortably on the highway (for a while)."

Leaning into the future of automobiles

By on Friday, September 05, 2014

Pros: "great value, great handling, quiet, solid, fun"

Cons: "budget materials, range,"

"An interesting fact is that most early cars were electric. Until the 1920's, electric cars out sold gas cars. Things have come full circle with the Nissan Leaf, and electric cars are becoming popular once again. If you own one, it becomes immediately apparent that they are the future. The car is comfortable and relaxing to drive. The tranquility of commuting to work without engine noise or gear shifts is something that I didn't consider when I leased the car, but it's one of it's greatest strengths. It's also got lots of power. It's fast off the line and fun...although as others have said, this is mostly true under 45 mph. The car seems well made, although the materials feel like what you'd find in a $18K car and not a $30K car. That's ok though, the awesomeness of the electric drivetrain more than compensate. In the future though, as electric cars become more common, they will need to drop the price or step up the quality. Overall, I strongly recommend the car. It's a hoot."

I love this car

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

"As long as you know exactly how to use an electric car you will love it. I drive 1000 miles a month for around $20 worth of electricity. and No maintenance... Take that Prius"

Great commuting car and around town car

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Reason: Totaled after accident

Pros: "Quiet, no trips to gas station"

Cons: "Can't only car, limits to range, need garage."

"If your driving fits well into the profile, see below, this can be a great commuting and around town car. It is quiet, responsive in city traffic, roomy, convenient. The profile of an owner that will really like this car is: Lives in a reasonable climate, drives 20 to 50 miles on most days, and you have another car for days when you need to drive longer distances, in other words, can trade with the spouse or other household member. Also, the owner will need a garage or carport or similar place to install a charging station. Yes, the 120V cable supplied with the car will work, but is somewhat of a hassle, and some 120V outlets are poorly made/installed/wired."

Excellent local vehicle

By on Saturday, August 02, 2014

Pros: "Very liberating."

Cons: "The cons are just lack of infracstructure/chargers"

"I purchased a SL model, minus the Cold Weather Package, with 20,000 miles for $14,000. Depreciation value aside, to drive by gas stations is a GAS! Love it. I have solar panels and I use dealerships to recharge, in my area public chargers are at a minimum. I have been asking business and city and county officials to get more chargers installed. I use it for a 50 miles radius and I projected to use this car for 80% of my needs. With chargers I can up that to 90% of my needs. It has turned into a hobby/passion/pastime. The car performs as advertised. I added tinted glass to keep the AC use at a minimum. The car was purchased to enjoy the technology. The Over $120 a month saved on gasoline is a plus. While I loved my hybrid's 35 MPG performance, zero fuel is way above that."

I am so glad to own, but paid too much.

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

"This is a great little car, but it's value depreciated way too quickly. The car is worth about $10,000 less then what we paid. We've only had the car for a little over one year. Very disappointing."

Love this car... it pays me!

By on Monday, June 16, 2014

Pros: "great for regular commutes"

Cons: "not for long road trips (without a lot of planning"

"My wife and I bought this car in Sept 13 and was the best decision we've made! Financially, this car just makes sense. first off the $7500 Fed rebate made it very affordable. we only put down $3500, but received a check back from State of California for $2500. then for the kicker, I was paying $350/month in gas for my 2012 Honda. my car payment is only $280; I save money every month."

Great car!!

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

"I love this car, need more on the road!"

great car, easy and fun to drive.

By on Sunday, May 11, 2014

"I have had this car for a little over a year. I really like using zip lane to work,and carpool lane on the way home. I have solar on my home and don't pay for any fuel charge at all. Its been great so far. Plus $7500 tax credit was real nice."

Know your limits

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, HOV access !!"

Cons: "Effective range in long life battery mode is 60 mi"

"Very predictable and reliable car with typical range anxiety limitations. 60 mile effective range when considering the recommended "long life battery" conditions."

Great commuter car

By on Sunday, January 05, 2014

Pros: "perfect city car"

Cons: "needs more efficient heater"

"I've driven my Nissan Leaf for 24 months. It's been an excellent car with nearly zero costs. Solar panels on our roof supply the electricity. It is fast on the freeway, and its size makes it easy to park. Interior size is surprising with legroom and head room in the front seat very similar to my Lexus RX SUV. The 100 mile range makes it possible to do everything in a day's drive except climb to ski resorts. For that you need a Tesla or a Volt. I use our 1999 SUV for those trips. Only negative of the car is the heater which uses a lot of power, about 30% of battery use on cold winter days. Still, have never run out of power even though I use battery conserving 80% charge. A full charge of 24 kWh is equivalent to two-thirds of a gallon of gas. 80% is just over half a gallon of gas. It is amazing to drive 80-90 miles on the energy of less than a gallon and a cost of about $2.50 of electricity."

Nice commuter car

By on Friday, December 06, 2013

Pros: "Love it, very quiet interior. plenty of power."

Cons: "needs snow tire for winter"

"It is a good car for 90% of driving. It doesn't do well on the snow. Range around 80 if heater is on. Snow tires help a lot, but drops the range by 10 mile."

Great for daily commute

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

Pros: "Instant torque, comfort, fuel & maintenance cost"

"I own this car for about a week, but there is a lot to say. It changed my thinking about driving. What I like. Instant torque. It feels and sounds like an airplane on a runway when you floor the accelerator. Size. Just right for me, two kids in the back and, occasionally, an adult in the front. Comfort. All features are very well thought-through. E.g. AC and heating consumes power significantly reducing the driving range. So, the car is equipped with seat heating running from the secondary battery and has a climate control timer that would pre-heat/pre-cool your car a few minutes before the planned departure while it's still plugged in. I noticed parking breaks are automatically releasing when I start driving. The charge status of the car can be checked online or through a mobile app so that you don't overpay for hogging a public charge station. The car can also send you an email or a text when it's done charging. Etc. The car is full of nice surprises. I am yet to find an unpleasant surprise. All small things are there - cupholders, compartment for eye glasses, dimming rear view mirrors, convenient steering wheel controls for bluetooth and audio, proximity key entry, folding back seats for large luggage - can't think of anything missing or annoying. Even the locking beep is loud enough to hear, but quiet enough to not disturb neighbors at night. Driving leaf changes my thinking while I drive. Gas prices are no longer a concern. Driving range is. So, I am continuously checking how many miles I drive per kWh and try to maximize it, using Eco mode and cutting back on acceleration and using climate control. Trip planning is important. I drive over 35 miles a day and use more than a half of the battery. I have not installed the 240V charger at home yet, so if I arrive home empty, the car will not fully charge by the morning - I need to charge at public stations near my work, but not too much. They charge your car and your credit card - $1/hour. That's about $1 for 10 miles. Still less than gas, but way more expensive than charging at home. So, at public stations, I want to charge only partially to maximize charging at home. Definitely, more planning than just filling up the tank once every 2 weeks, but it's manageable and fun. There is also plenty of tools to track driving history/economy/savings/environmental impact etc. Need to mention maintenance cost. There are no oil changes, filters, oxygen sensors, DEQ tests, transmissions. The number of moving parts inside the car requiring maintenance is minimal. Battery longevity is something I need to check out. Nissan guarantees not more than 20% drop in battery capacity in 5 years. If it is more - they will replace the battery (which, by the way, does not seem to be too expensive). And, in 5 years, batteries will get better. Relatively large car price is off-set by the $7,500 federal tax credit and gas savings which, I think, is over $100/month for me. So far, I like this car a lot."

Honeymoon over: first week's impression

By on Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pros: "No gas--ever! Practical. Minimal maintenance."

Cons: "Heel space in front seat (odd not to have it)."

"After having the 2013 Leaf SV for a full week now, I thought I'd add my review. My commute is 24 miles round trip. I am fortunate to have access to a charging station at work, so I primary charge there. I intentionally ran the battery low over the weekend to know what to expect. The range indicator showed 8 miles when the number disappeared and was replaced with "---" and warnings to charge immediate. I then continued the remaining 1 mile to my house and used the trickle charger (I do not yet have the 240V charge cable installed at home yet). I did not make it to "Turtle" mode so I suspect I still had several miles or more of range left. After a week of use, am I still excited to have the car? Absolutely."

I love my car but changed jobs and now drive more

By on Thursday, October 03, 2013

"My Nissan Leaf is a great car. It is quiet and comfortable and I have not bought gas in town for more than two years. It has excellent acceleration and the dealer just provided me with an 82 battery capacity-5 star rating. The car is in excellent condition and is a Sedona Red color."

Dissappointed with range

By on Sunday, September 15, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "Drives well, quality build"

Cons: "Short range on freeways."

"I just test drove a 2011 Leaf with 6000 miles on it. I have a 56 mile round trip commute so I asked for a long test drive since the dealership is two blocks from my work. So I drove it from the dealership to my house and back. The drive is mostly freeway miles with only one big hill and a few small ones. I put on the a/c and head lights to try to see what it could do in extreme conditions. When I left the dealership the range meter said 84 miles. When I got back to the dealership I had gone 57 miles and the battery level was all the way down and the miles indicator was flashing a low battery warning for the final 3 miles or so. I was very disappointed that the Leaf could not go 50ish miles on the freeway in ECO mode at 65 mph without completely running the battery down. I was glad I took it for the long test drive before buying it expecting to get at least 60 plus on a full charge. The ride and everything else was very good, just couldn't worry about the mileage everyday of my commute, so I didn't buy it."

The most AMAZING vehicles I have ever owned!

By on Sunday, September 01, 2013

Pros: "EVERYTHING all Pros"

Cons: "I have no Cons!"

"My Nissan Leaf is the most AMAZING vehicle on the planet. Think about it, the motor has only 7 or 8 moving parts, No transmission, No Gas No Oil, No Trnsmission fluid, Has full torque from 0 RPM, Very Quick and will take most V6 vehicles off the line, Runs with the big dogs on the freeway, I would like to say it will easily do 100 MPH but I won't because that's against the law (just trust me on this one), I was owner of an Auto and RV Service Center and I have worked on thousands of cars, trucks and RV's and nothing has impressed me as this NISSAN LEAF. This vehicle made WORLD CAR OF THE YEAR!. Plus NO EMISSIONs. Note: My Nissan Leaf replaced my quad cab pick-up and the wife and I took the money we would spent on gas, oil and maintenance every week and put it in a savings account and two years later we have $9,020.00 dollars in the account. Also, If I was paying for electricity it would cost me only about $35.00 per month. However, sense I have Solar and don't have an electric bill, it is all pure clean and free energy. How many miles can you drive for free? If you want to go green this is the way to do it."

Great second car

By on Monday, July 22, 2013

Pros: "No gas very little maintenance"

Cons: "Looks very Asian"

"Try it you will like it. An awesome second car for less than 80 miles per day. Basically free to own if you are doing 15000 miles per year with a medium sized gas car replace it. Fun to drive accelerates well. This is the future. Look into energy programs tha allow time of use . Even in expensive Southern California you can get in this electricity program and save. Just limit your usage in the afternoon.every family should have a Leaf and either an SUV or a mini van perfect combination . I am 6.4 headroom is fine legroom could be a little bit better but I say that about most cars ."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Nissan LEAF near Honolulu. See local deals