Federal Tax Credit Up To $7,500! The 2011 Nissan Leaf electric car qualifies for a federal tax credit of up to $7,500, effectively reducing the net base price from $33,720 to $26,220. In addition, some states offer their own purchase incentives, which can be combined with the federal credit. Other electric vehicle-related perks that vary by city or state include single-occupant access to carpool lanes, free metered parking and significantly reduced vehicle registration fees. Home charging stations, which cut charging times in half compared to standard wall outlets, are also eligible for attractive incentives. Nissan offers a useful state-by-state guide to Leaf-specific incentives and perks at nissanusa.com.

2011 Nissan LEAF

Based on 60 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Nissan leaf is a great car and its 100% electric.

By on Sunday, January 25, 2015

Pros: "Iphone App, Power, Charge at home, quite, 0 emissions"

Cons: "My left foot gets a bit chilly in winter"

"I have had my 2014 Nissan Leaf SV since Feb 2014 and regularly tell people it is the best car i have even owned. I have a 85km round trip commute each day and have recently reached 21,000km. This car impresses me on a daily basis and we even use it to drive up the ski hill after work, after 20min top up at home on the level 2 charger. Outdoor weather proof charger from home depot is $950, no garage required. I regularly use the leaf to drive around 4 10yr olds to soccer with all the balls and gear in the trunk. Have even used it for a few 200km family road trips, just takes a bit of planning to map out the quick charge stations. Currently looking to buy a 2nd one for my wife as it's a great car and highly recommend it."

Excellent local vehicle

By on Saturday, August 02, 2014

Pros: "Very liberating."

Cons: "The cons are just lack of infracstructure/chargers"

"I purchased a SL model, minus the Cold Weather Package, with 20,000 miles for $14,000. Depreciation value aside, to drive by gas stations is a GAS! Love it. I have solar panels and I use dealerships to recharge, in my area public chargers are at a minimum. I have been asking business and city and county officials to get more chargers installed. I use it for a 50 miles radius and I projected to use this car for 80% of my needs. With chargers I can up that to 90% of my needs. It has turned into a hobby/passion/pastime. The car performs as advertised. I added tinted glass to keep the AC use at a minimum. The car was purchased to enjoy the technology. The Over $120 a month saved on gasoline is a plus. While I loved my hybrid's 35 MPG performance, zero fuel is way above that."

very high quality, cheap to operate and maintain

By on Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Pros: "$ 0.02 per mile and very low maintenance"

Cons: "45 mile range on 80% charge"

"after 3.5 years of operation its cost $0.02 per mile for home charging. the quality, smoothness and noise are excellent. easy and fun to drive."

Know your limits

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, HOV access !!"

Cons: "Effective range in long life battery mode is 60 mi"

"Very predictable and reliable car with typical range anxiety limitations. 60 mile effective range when considering the recommended "long life battery" conditions."

Great second car

By on Monday, July 22, 2013

Pros: "No gas very little maintenance"

Cons: "Looks very Asian"

"Try it you will like it. An awesome second car for less than 80 miles per day. Basically free to own if you are doing 15000 miles per year with a medium sized gas car replace it. Fun to drive accelerates well. This is the future. Look into energy programs tha allow time of use . Even in expensive Southern California you can get in this electricity program and save. Just limit your usage in the afternoon.every family should have a Leaf and either an SUV or a mini van perfect combination . I am 6.4 headroom is fine legroom could be a little bit better but I say that about most cars ."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Nissan LEAF near Honolulu. See local deals