Federal Tax Credit Up To $7,500! The 2011 Nissan Leaf electric car qualifies for a federal tax credit of up to $7,500, effectively reducing the net base price from $33,720 to $26,220. In addition, some states offer their own purchase incentives, which can be combined with the federal credit. Other electric vehicle-related perks that vary by city or state include single-occupant access to carpool lanes, free metered parking and significantly reduced vehicle registration fees. Home charging stations, which cut charging times in half compared to standard wall outlets, are also eligible for attractive incentives. Nissan offers a useful state-by-state guide to Leaf-specific incentives and perks at nissanusa.com.

2011 Nissan LEAF

Based on 62 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Much Better than the Volt!!!

By on Saturday, November 17, 2012

Pros: "Acceleration, torque, Heated steering, 80+ miles"

Cons: "More storage under cargo area mat"

"We have a 68 mile daily commute to and from work in cold climate Michigan so we looked at the volt, prius, tdi, among others trying to offset costs of gas. We narrowed our choice to a volt or leaf after test driving cars. The volt was a close second but the Leaf beat it out for the following reasons: the volt managed a meager 30 miles in all electric when driven in temps hovering in the mid 40‘s - this wouldn't even get us half way. The leaf pulled out 82 during same weather. The leaf is larger with seating for 5 and larger cargo area. We liked the Leaf's dash and gauge layout better than the Volt. The leaf is quiet,yet has tremendous torque and really flies off the line. And price Carwings - We love how we can start the climate control, heat our car, and get it ready without leaving our house. Carwings let's us do all of this via our phone or ipad. Great feature. Navigation system is top notch and very accurate. Love xm Acceleration and torque. Heated steering wheel Roomy interior and comfortable seats LED headlights 80+ miles of all electric driving which meets our daily commute of 68 with miles to spare. Never had to recharge at work. We have made long tips (160 miles) in the car with planning. We traveled to Detroit from grand rapids with one stop in Lansing to charge our car. Worked out well as lots of charging statins along the way."

new owner comments

By on Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Pros: "Great for what its intended for."

Cons: "May face some long term range drop."

"We've only owned our Leaf for a few weeks, so our experience is still limited. However, I wonder why another owner who uses his car 20K a year and wants to drive more than 65 m/h bought this car? Our situation seems perfect for a Leaf, as we use it to commute and do local errands averaging 25 or 30 mi/day on weekdays. Even if the battery does eventually degrade by 20% as reported in hot climates like Arizona, we'd still be okay. So we're happy so far, and with a Prius for long trips our total gas savings over our previous car arrangements offers direct energy cost of about 25 percent of what we paid when we had a Nissan van and a Corolla. And we only use 17 percent of the gas we did before. Take that Big Oil."

Best new car hands down. 11 months later...

By on Monday, May 21, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, quiet, buck a day for 50 miles."

Cons: "why white seats? no coin holder."

"After driving this car at least 50 miles every day for almost one year now I cannot imagine ever buying another gas car again. The 7500 mile service was $19.95, there was nothing to do but a tire rotation. There are no belts or hoses, no oil changes or transmission or anything that needs attention, i bet the brakes last 200k miles due to the regenerative braking effect when you let off the accelerator. This is the perfect car for just about everyone that drives less that 70 miles a day and has a garage they can charge in. I did away with any range angscity the first week i owned it by driving up to the top of a 6,000 mountain outside my town. I was white knuckled all the way up due to how long and steep the road was and when i got there it said i could only go 14 more miles, but the battery bars only showed 8 of 12 being used. When I turned around and got all the way back home it said I had 50 miles left in the battery and there were still 3 of 12 bars left. Only used a little battery as I was mostly charging the battery on the way back by going downhill."

Great little car but the battery needs improvement

By on Tuesday, May 14, 2013

"I leased a 2013 Nissan Leaf about two months ago. I was told that I could get up to 116 miles per charge, this would depend on outside temperature and driving conditions. I am lucky to get 60 miles on a charge when the temperature is 70 to 80 degrees. I would really hate to see how low the mileage would go on a real cold or real hot day. The car is a lot of fun to drive and works great for very short trips."

If you fit the EV profile - LEAF is near perfect

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pros: "Low cost of operation, Drive experience"

Cons: "Low quality carpet"

"This 2013 LEAF SL is our second LEAF. We had a 2011 SL on which we accumulated 12,000 miles in two years. Yes, we are low mileage drivers. Why the upgrade? Improved range, leather interior and some other feature upgrades - such as optional Bose audio and around view monitor that uses four cameras to check out surroundings while parking. LEAF is not for everyone. With it you can't drive from San Diego to Las Vegas. But with all of the money that you save on gas, you will be able to fly to Vegas, save time, and save money. The number one question I receive is "How far will it go?" My answer is consistent - if driving range is that important to you, this is not the right car for you. But if you fit the EV profile - daily drives total less than 60 or 70 miles (which is roughly 80 percent of the market according to various studies), LEAF is near perfect. The EPA range is 75 miles, but many drivers report the dreaded range anxiety as mileage increases, which is why I posited 60 to 70 miles above. Annual energy cost (according to the EPA) is $500 for someone driving 15,000 miles each year. The average new car achieves 23 miles per gallon (combined) and will consume $2,550 worth of gasoline each year at current gas prices. $2,050 energy savings each year of ownership adds up to significant savings. These numbers will need to be tailored to your own annual mileage. Pros? Time savings (no hunting for gas stations then waiting to fuel, and charging while we sleep). Reduced operating costs (no oil & filter changes, no tune-ups, no waiting for the above). Reduced dependency on oil. Cons? Nissan could have used a better quality material for the carpet. The floor mats help, but the carpet material is cheap. If that's the only con... I can live with it. Would I do it again? I already did!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Nissan LEAF near Honolulu. See local deals