• 2014 Compact Car Buyer's Guide
Federal Tax Credit Up To $7,500! The 2011 Nissan Leaf electric car qualifies for a federal tax credit of up to $7,500, effectively reducing the net base price from $33,720 to $26,220. In addition, some states offer their own purchase incentives, which can be combined with the federal credit. Other electric vehicle-related perks that vary by city or state include single-occupant access to carpool lanes, free metered parking and significantly reduced vehicle registration fees. Home charging stations, which cut charging times in half compared to standard wall outlets, are also eligible for attractive incentives. Nissan offers a useful state-by-state guide to Leaf-specific incentives and perks at nissanusa.com.

2011 Nissan LEAF

Based on 46 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Excellent local vehicle

By on Saturday, August 02, 2014

Pros: "Very liberating."

Cons: "The cons are just lack of infracstructure/chargers"

"I purchased a SL model, minus the Cold Weather Package, with 20,000 miles for $14,000. Depreciation value aside, to drive by gas stations is a GAS! Love it. I have solar panels and I use dealerships to recharge, in my area public chargers are at a minimum. I have been asking business and city and county officials to get more chargers installed. I use it for a 50 miles radius and I projected to use this car for 80% of my needs. With chargers I can up that to 90% of my needs. It has turned into a hobby/passion/pastime. The car performs as advertised. I added tinted glass to keep the AC use at a minimum. The car was purchased to enjoy the technology. The Over $120 a month saved on gasoline is a plus. While I loved my hybrid's 35 MPG performance, zero fuel is way above that."

I am so glad to own, but paid too much.

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

"This is a great little car, but it's value depreciated way too quickly. The car is worth about $10,000 less then what we paid. We've only had the car for a little over one year. Very disappointing."

Love this car... it pays me!

By on Monday, June 16, 2014

Pros: "great for regular commutes"

Cons: "not for long road trips (without a lot of planning"

"My wife and I bought this car in Sept 13 and was the best decision we've made! Financially, this car just makes sense. first off the $7500 Fed rebate made it very affordable. we only put down $3500, but received a check back from State of California for $2500. then for the kicker, I was paying $350/month in gas for my 2012 Honda. my car payment is only $280; I save money every month."

Great car!!

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

"I love this car, need more on the road!"

great car, easy and fun to drive.

By on Sunday, May 11, 2014

"I have had this car for a little over a year. I really like using zip lane to work,and carpool lane on the way home. I have solar on my home and don't pay for any fuel charge at all. Its been great so far. Plus $7500 tax credit was real nice."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Nissan LEAF near Honolulu. See local deals