Federal Tax Credit Up To $7,500! The 2011 Nissan Leaf electric car qualifies for a federal tax credit of up to $7,500, effectively reducing the net base price from $33,720 to $26,220. In addition, some states offer their own purchase incentives, which can be combined with the federal credit. Other electric vehicle-related perks that vary by city or state include single-occupant access to carpool lanes, free metered parking and significantly reduced vehicle registration fees. Home charging stations, which cut charging times in half compared to standard wall outlets, are also eligible for attractive incentives. Nissan offers a useful state-by-state guide to Leaf-specific incentives and perks at nissanusa.com.

2011 Nissan LEAF

Based on 55 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Nissan leaf is a great car and its 100% electric.

By on Sunday, January 25, 2015

Pros: "Iphone App, Power, Charge at home, quite, 0 emissions"

Cons: "My left foot gets a bit chilly in winter"

"I have had my 2014 Nissan Leaf SV since Feb 2014 and regularly tell people it is the best car i have even owned. I have a 85km round trip commute each day and have recently reached 21,000km. This car impresses me on a daily basis and we even use it to drive up the ski hill after work, after 20min top up at home on the level 2 charger. Outdoor weather proof charger from home depot is $950, no garage required. I regularly use the leaf to drive around 4 10yr olds to soccer with all the balls and gear in the trunk. Have even used it for a few 200km family road trips, just takes a bit of planning to map out the quick charge stations. Currently looking to buy a 2nd one for my wife as it's a great car and highly recommend it."

Safety considerations? Doing one's HW B4 Buying.

By on Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Pros: "Commuter lane access"

Cons: "Safety concerns at speeds over 40MPH"

"Simply doesn't matter if you feel like Jane Jetson when driving because such feelings can be overly misleading and irrelevant. Before you purchase any vehicle take the time to look at all crash tests for the vehicle in question. In this case the 2014 Nissan Leaf. Might wish to Google the following web site review / report on the Leaf. It's titled, "2014 Nissan Leaf small overlap IIHS crash test." The following crash test results caught my attention and concern, especially when transporting others as well as myself at speeds in excess of 40MPH."

I LOVE MY LEAF! I feel like Jane Jetson!

By on Thursday, January 01, 2015

Pros: "Green, zippy, roomy, quiet, affordable, fun!"

Cons: "Battery life for highway driving."

"My average daily driving is 40 - 50 miles in town, this is a second car. In my area, charging stations are plentiful and convenient and mostly free. Plugging in at home overnight in a regular outlet is sufficient to completely charge it. No noticeable increase in my power bill. Very zippy, quiet, fun to drive, and surprisingly roomy. I frequently bring 4 teenagers and their backpacks home from school. My Great Dane loves to ride in the back seat! I can make 25-30 mile round trips on the interstate starting with a full charge. Hotter weather, running the a/c, depletes battery quicker at highway speeds. With in town driving my battery life is greatly extended, exceeding the displayed remaining range. Highway driving estimated range is pretty accurate especially if I use cruise control. An excellent second car!"

Great car, cost very little to operate

By on Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, cost very little"

"I love the car. Cost about $1 to $2 per day to charge the car for my 65 miles commute. Thanks for the 100% torque all the time, pick up is quite snappy. Has no problem passing other cars on highway. Basically, no maintenance cost. Skip any maintenance packages dealer try to sell you."

Reduce your carbon footprint, and ready for future

By on Thursday, December 04, 2014

Pros: "Solid built, Incetives help make price palatable"

Cons: "Range, Lack of or Vandelized Charging stations"

Early adopter of the all electric Leaf, glad I took the lease option vs own.

"I completely enjoy my Leaf. Its comfortable with good seat support, great quality finishes and features even on the base model its peppy with surprising acceleration and good handling. I am disappointed though that as more and more make it into the marketplace that fewer establishments are not expanding their charging stations or facilities to keep more than one or two accommodated. Its also a sad to see so many charging stations vandalized whether they are the Nissan charging stations or one at stores. Trading my range anxiety back in for a super small consumption of fuel and relying more on my hybrid car for the second year of my two year lease with Nissan."

Early adopter of the all electric Leaf, glad I took the lease option vs own.

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Nissan LEAF near Honolulu. See local deals