2014 Nissan JUKE Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,564 - $19,033.

10/6.8

8.3

Based on 163 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Love this car!

By on Saturday, January 10, 2015

Pros: "GREAT price, FUN to drive."

Cons: "Not a powerful engine."

"Travel for work and leisure. This car is VERY reliable."

compact and easy to navigate. Unique in design

By on Saturday, January 03, 2015

Cons: "Back has restricted area for hauling"

"Dependable. Easy to maintain. Good mileage. Excellent for one person who doesn't need the room of a larger SUV"

NO COMFORT ,HARD RIDE

By on Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Pros: "VERY BASIC CAR, FUN EXTERIOR, EASY PARKING HANDLIN"

Cons: "NO CONSUL STORAGE, BAD STORAG ACCESS, SO SO MILEAG"

"INTERIOR --CANNOT ACCESS DOOR SIDE POCKETS UNLESS EXIT CAR. CANNOT RETRIEVE ANYTHING DROPPED BETWEEN SEAT/CONSUL. GET OUT ,BEND DOWN GET UNDER SEAT. NO ROOM FOR WINTER COAT BETWEEN STEERING WHEEL AND DRIVER. DIFFICULT TO ACCESS SEAT BELT IF DRIVER SEAT AT 90DEGREE FOR LUMBAR SUPPORT. MILEAGE 19 CITY. HANDLES WELL. STARTER CAR. GOOD FOR IN CITY USE."

sturdy handling and fun to drive

By on Saturday, December 13, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, great handling experience."

Cons: "Interior is noisy."

"From the moment I saw my first Juke, I had to have one. My first was a 2011, mine being one of the very very few driving about up here in rural Maine. The first Juke was fun, fast, and for the most part, worth my time and money. I did find it would pull upon sudden acceleration. I figure this must have been something others experienced too, for as my newer 2013 Juke (yes, I bought another), has a little blue sticker on the back bumper suggesting better drive control. The 2013 does drive much better. The only problem I've experienced thus far, is bounce and squeak in the rear suspension. I'll have that looked at next service. I love my Juke. I feel confident when driving it in inclement weather, including slush and snow. The different traction control options and my power over them gives me a greater feeling of control."

Unique style

By on Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Pros: "Turbo, Unique, great price, gas saver"

Cons: "Too fast!"

"The Nissan Juke is definitely a neck breaker. I see a lot of people turning their heads to get a good glimpse at the Juke. It's impressive turbo-charged engine screams down the freeway. This is a great comfortable car that has a lot of pep into it. I could also fit a 15" subwoofer in the trunk. Nissan really are making power moves by releasing the beast aka JUKE! You can literally floor this car for 2 hours straight and still get a whopping 25mpg this car is impressive. A sporty look, a sporty engine without the sacrifice of fuel economy and comfort!"

My Juke Joint is Funky Feisty & Fun

By on Sunday, November 23, 2014

Pros: "Performance, appearance, Fun to drive"

"Fun to drive, acceleration is great performance is amazing. This car has a lot of attitude and spunk. Gas Milage is not that bad but isn't as great as my Versa. Interior size is perfect for me! Great Car!!"

Like the Juke BUT.......

By on Friday, November 07, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, AWD is Great"

Cons: "Not for taller drivers, no telescopic wheel"

"I just bought the 2014 Juke SL about 2 months ago and have almost 5k miles on it. The car provides excellent acceleration and the AWD is great in the rain, I live in Seattle so that's a nice feature, BUT, I have only 2 major things I don't like. First, the gas tank is TINY and if you commute like me, 60-80miles a day, you'll burn thru a tank of gas every 3 days, and that's PREMIUM fuel, this car is not made for long road trips. Secondly, I'm 6'3 and this car is very cramped for a tall guy like me & coupled with the non telescoping steering wheel, the steering wheel rests on my legs because it doesn't tilt high enough for taller drivers, and this makes for a horrible commute or road trip, unless you drive without shoes. If the wheel went up higher and telescoped like in the Kia Soul it would be perfect! But all in all, you get a lot 4 the $$$, smart key entry, auto everything (lights, climate control) and the headlights automatically come on when you turn the windshield wipers on! Nice feature! But the leg room issue is forcing me to consider trading it in"

Perfect, Affordable, Unique

By on Monday, October 13, 2014

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, awesome performance..."

"What caught my eye about the JUKE was the exterior. It has a unique look not like any other car. It drives perfectly, smooth, hugs the road. Interior is wonderful. Most will say the back seat is cramped. I'm 5'4 and my drivers seat is practically moved close to the wheel and my 6'2 cousin fit perfectly in my back seat. Cargo is a great size for someone like myself who is single with no kids. THIS IS NOT A FAMILY CAR. Gas mileage is awesome. Downfall is paying the high price of Premium gas which is required for turbo engines, but it works out in the end because with premium you don't waste as much gas. Overall I love this car and I've only owned it for a few days!!"

Love it. TERRIBLE GAS MILEAGE

By on Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Pros: "like feel of car, love unique look of it"

Cons: "Bad on gas"

"I LOVE MY JUKE. If had better mileage and backseat leg room, it would be the perfect midsize car. Do not like that passengers doors can only be automatically unlocked by driver, thus passenger have to manually unlock door."

Most Fun Venhicle Ever

By on Thursday, September 25, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, Exterior Looks."

Cons: "Doesn't come with arm rest, but this is an option"

"I've only owned this car for several months, but have to admit that it is the most fun vehicle to drive that I have ever owned. It's extremely quick and handles great. Also, feels very solid. I also really like the way it looks. I have an Atomic Gold (my favorite color) S model and get favorable comments wherever I go. I also like the interior. Even though this is the base model, the upholstery on the seats is excellent. I hope this vehicle is as reliable as it is fun to drive."

Great little car

By on Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, Good MPG, sound system, storage"

Cons: "nav screen hard to read"

"I bought this as a change from my jeep wrangler (that I still miss, dearly) but this is a great car. I have the AWD and get between 26 and 31mpg depending on the driving conditions. Speaking of driving conditions, the sport mode is quite handy for maneuvering through traffic."

LOVE IT

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "YOU FEEL LIKE DIVING A RACING CAR IN A SUV"

Cons: "BACK CABIN NEEDS A BIT MORE SPACE"

"I JUST PURCHASED THIS CAR AND I AM IN LOVE OF IT. THE PERFORMANCE IS AMAZING AND SPEED IS AWESOME. I LIKE THE IDEA THAT YOU CAN CHOSE THE WAY YOU WANT YOU CAR TO RESPOND TO YOUR DRIVE. YOU CAN CHOOSE A NORMAL DRIVE, SPORT DRIVE LIKE A RACING CAR OR ECO MODE FOR SAVING MORE GAS IN THE CITY. GPS IS TOUCH SCREEN AND VERY FAST AND RESPONSIVE. PASSENGERS ROOM IN THE BACK IS NOT AS BIG AS I WOULD WISH BUT IT IS CONFORTABLE FOR PEOPLE I WOULD SAY LESS THAT 6'. AT THE DEALER WERE VERY FRIENDLY. YOU WONT REGRET BUYING A CAR LIKE THIS IF U ARE LOOKING FOR A GOOD PERFORMANCE AND YOU WOULD LIKE TO VARY YOU DRIVE AND THE GOOD THING. YOU CAN MANAGE THE CAR INSTEAD OF THE CAR MANAGING YOU. HEHE"

Fun and sporty-easy to manuever and super cute.

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

Pros: "sporty, fun, quick--NICE exterior"

Cons: "too tight, head rest/shoulder belt bad"

"Traded a Nissan Murano for the Juke after falling in love with it at the state fair. However, interior wise--it could be uncomfortable to drive on road trips, really cramped. The head rest and seat belts just didn't provide enough comfort. Most troubling and why I'm really trading it in, is that tt has a horrible blind spot, passenger rear. It's a fun car though, really sporty and I think probably more for those who don't drive alot or a younger group."

Not for Petites

By on Saturday, June 07, 2014

Pros: "sport looks nice, rides smooth, singles only."

Cons: "NOT comfort in the back seat ."

"Looks and Rides well, designed for single or couple only, comfortable driver seat, back seats no room, very uncomfortable when open the door, and I am 5.1!!!, taller people have a hard time, A/C very noisy, good only for the front, passenger seated in the back cook themselves, love the red color, but It is not for Petite people, I am 5'2" had a Subaru Forester for 11 years, Love it, but want to try a Nissan, the dealer customer service is excellent, and i bought it. Big mistake. I have a 54 lbs dog,no room for her at all."

I LOVE this car!

By on Thursday, May 01, 2014

Pros: "handles great - expecially in bad weather"

Cons: "may be too small for some"

"While it may not be the car for someone who needs a large backseat or cargo space, it's absolutely perfect for me. It has plenty of pick-up, good turning radius and AWD options. My husband and I took it up north during a snow storm and,while other cars were stuck on the hills, our little JUKE just kept on going. It's the most fun-to-drive car I've ever had."

My favorite crossover

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, fuel efficient"

Cons: "No center armrest, limited cargo capacity"

"Long time Mustang owner. I needed a vehicle with a larger backseat to accommodate my growing kids but didn't want to sacrifice performance. The Juke was a big surprise to me because I expected a driving experience similar to the Rogue/CR-V/Rav-4, what I got was a sport crossover that is a blast to drive. It isn't going to outrun a SS Camaro or GT Mustang but it sticks to the road and when the turbo kicks in it'll push you back in your seat!"

Great crossover

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "Fast, worth the money, seats, visibility, lights"

Cons: "good gas mileage but runs on 89 premium"

"I have a Juke SV that is fully loaded on lots sport features. These crossovers first came out in 2011 I purchased mines late in 2013 and it is a excellent SUV. I-con system available for climate control and eco indicator on helping on a great drive the Juke still gives me. Fuel economy seems pretty good right after fill ups but runs on (89 premium grade). Juke seats are sporty more bolstered includes heated seats, navigation, great sound system and high performance on a thriller engine is overall excellent on this little SUV. Manual transmission was standard for SV its best under smooth acceleration giving a more adequate fun ride getting onto freeway and driving through intersections a great crossover ever for money purchased. Visibility and Bluetooth all good with great controls being absolutely perfect on this nice Nissan crossover. I tried a Wrangler, FJ Cruiser and Grand Cherokee but fell in loved with my new Juke before making a purchase knew was the right crossover for me have enjoyed every bit of fabric and material on it."

EXcellent car, I LOVE TO DRIVE IT!

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Pros: "size, gas mileage, looks, it's fun"

Cons: "very small back seat, noisy on the highway"

"Small and sporty, not a family car"

needs a drivers arm rest

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "great in snow"

Cons: "harsh ride"

keep it clean

"Very nice to drive"

keep it clean

Great car, but don't expect Nissan to have parts

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Pros: "Fun, sporty, not a bad price, great handling"

Cons: "no parts on hand for minor traffic accidents"

"The car is great, don't get me wrong. The drive is fabulous in a '13 6 speed MT Nismo. She Jukes left, she Jukes right, the handling is phenomenal. The Nismo trim really adds to the car. The rear spoiler, 18" rims, LED DRLs and skirting make the Juke look more aggressive and sporty. The interior looks awesome with the Nav and lights packages, but don't be fooled at the faux suede - it's only on the front seats. The rear passenger seats are cloth. Just don't get into a fender bender with a brand new Nissan, because parts are backordered for 5-6 months. Nissan consumer affairs doesn't assist their customers once the sale has been made."

Very Nice Vehicle!

By on Monday, March 03, 2014

Pros: "Great Gas mileage"

Cons: "Not spacious, no air vents in the back seats"

"If space is what you are looking for, don't bother. This car provides great gas mileage and great aesthetics. It's a hybrid between an SUV and a car, but really it has more feature of a car. It has satellite radio (but don't be fooled, it comes with an optional monthly subscription) and nice sound overall. I recommend this car to anyone interested in a mid-priced, sport-looking car :)"

squeaky

By on Tuesday, February 25, 2014

"I would give this car a 10 if the plastic dash didn't squeak where the windshield meets it."

NISMO is underrated by most online reviewers

By on Thursday, February 20, 2014

Pros: "Best small, AWD car for the money, by far"

Cons: "Rear interior lighting, lack sunroof, all seasons"

"The NISMO is underrated by most reviewers because their focus, in the end, is almost entirely performance oriented, meaning given that it doesn't do 0-60 in 6 seconds or under, or doesn't do as well as some sports cars in the g-ratings, other handling tests. (In fact the most ubiquitous review on Youtube, by two guys out in the desert running 0-60 times clock in at about 9 seconds, which is pure nonsense. Their clock has to be wrong because other reviewers correctly give time at about 7-7.3 seconds). Most reviews also subtract points because of the size of the back seat. In fact, NISMO is excellent car, good deal better than regular Juke, which I owned and traded in for the NISMO. As to Jukes generally, first, and foremost, it is meant to be small, for narrower streets in Europe, to keep weight down for gas mileage purposes, and to get the most out of a small in size engine. And the CVT is fine, especially for stop and go city traffic. Apparently, they sell very well in Europe. It is also meant, I believe, to be a fun commuter car, and practical - its limited length makes it much easier to find parking spaces on streets, and to get in and out of spaces in suburban mall shopping centers and underground garages with posts everywhere. I park in all those places and it works well for those situations, whereas people trying to park or "unpark" in larger cars often can't maneuver well and hold everyone up. As to the NISMO in particular, I have the AWD with CVT transmission. AWD system, as in regular all wheel drive Juke, is excellent. In a snow storm, in my prior Juke, I had no problem pushing a 3 series BMW up a commuter route slope to get it out of the way of a stream of rush hour traffic it was blocking. The suspension is more firm than regular Juke, and lowered a bit, but comfortable, and causes car to handle much better than regular Juke. I switched out the summer tires for performance all season tires which helped - it feels solid as a rock due to beefed up suspension and tires, it turns corners on a dime, and is also quieter than the 2011 Juke I traded in. Gas mileage appears to be about the same as prior Juke, despite slightly more powerful engine. Despite what other reviews say, the extra torque and horsepower make a noticeable difference, no doubt in part because they also reprogrammed other engine settings to get the most out of the engine. The LED daytime running lights are a plus - not just for the looks but because tests indicate it is safer to have some sort of fulltime lighting, because it makes cars more noticeable. Interior is also improved a good deal. The seats are quite good, though I thought the seats in my 2011 Juke were very good, and most plastics and cloth of higher quality and better looking. Car could use better interior lighting, though 3 lights on ceiling above driver are a good deal brighter than those in 2011 Juke. Would be very helpful to have light over backseat, but one can take care of that with LED batter powered motion-sensor light one can buy at any hardware store. I think car retails a little high, given it does not have, or even offer, a sunroof or heated seats for cloth seats. ,And it would make far more sense to allow buyers to get all season tires. The summer Continentals it comes with are at retail, very expensive, about $250 each, and car is not fast enough to warrant them. I put on Kumhos, $130 tire, and their great - handle as well as the summer Continentals, and more comfortable. If Nissan used a performance all season, would thus make lower price for the car feasible. With slightly lower suspension, exterior modifications, my wife does not call NISMO a clown car. She called the 2011 Juke a clown car. Re insurance, my collision went up about $60 a year. That's it, barely a dent in total premium. If you want performance, either get a NISMO RS soon to be released, or a 2015 WRX, also about to hit the market. But as a more than ample daily car, plenty of power, very good handling, good gas mileage(I get about 25-26 mph mostly city driving,) AWD and a relatively inexpensive price, NISMO is hard to beat. (2011 Juke was pretty reliable so I expect the same on this new car)"

Super fun car and a great value for the money

By on Monday, February 10, 2014

Pros: "Super fun to drive & very well equipped."

Cons: "No center arm rest & inadequate interior lighting"

"I've had my 2011 Juke SL for exactly 3 years and just hit 60,000 miles. It's been a great car and probably the most fun to drive out of the dozen or so vehicles I've owned in my driving lifetime. I'm very satisfied with it. I do have some suggestions for improvements: I wish it had a center console armrest and a dead pedal and I wish it was just a little bit bigger and the interior lighting is horribly inadequate. You can't see anything in the back seat at night (my wife loses her purse back there every time) and the rear cargo area also needs overhead lighting badly. I rated the quality a bit low because at 60,000 miles and barely 3 years old we found the exhaust system needs to be replaced already. The long exhaust pipe connected to the muffler and the muffler itself are all rotted and they broke apart from eachother so it sounds like I'm driving an old clunker. It's not covered under warranty and my dealer says I'm the first Juke owner they've seen with this issue and they had to order parts and can't tell me how long it'll take to get them. The new parts cost about $480 plus labor and will be covered for life once installed by my dealer which is good. I'm disappointed they used such a poor quality exhaust system on the Juke and I'm very embarrassed to be driving it right now because it's so loud. Anyway, I'll be getting it fixed and plan to keep the Juke for a few more years providing nothing major goes wrong."

Fun, Fast, Compact, Impractical

By on Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Pros: "fun, fast, compact, unique,"

Cons: "gas milage for size, interior design"

"When I saw the ad for the Juke, I knew it was for me. I've never been a "car person" and never thought I would want a new car (all previous cars were used). However, I loved the Juke and now that I own one... I still love it but there are some compromises that one should be aware of: 1.) Interior lighting is almost non existent. I had to install sticky lights for the back seat and trunk. 2.) The glove box is comically cavernous. It is narrow and DEEP which makes storing stuff in there a mess. If you store things in the front they fall out the sides when the compartment is open. Super annoying. 3.) No arm rest and the compartment to store things in the center console is not convenient/easy to use. 4.) Gas milage is not what it was advertised as and I've read other reviews that say the same thing. I use a additive/fuel injector cleaner which helped but I'm running about 24-26mpg. However, despite all that I still love the car. The exterior design is so unique and gets some attention. The engine is great. I love having the turbo power and the handling is pretty good too. I love having the AWD especially with this winter we're having. The car is small enough to park in those city spaces that other cars have to pass up, but I was still able to bring home my 10 ft long carpet."