• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2013 Nissan JUKE Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,993 - $18,548.

10/6.9

8.2

Based on 154 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Great car, but don't expect Nissan to have parts

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Pros: "Fun, sporty, not a bad price, great handling"

Cons: "no parts on hand for minor traffic accidents"

"The car is great, don't get me wrong. The drive is fabulous in a '13 6 speed MT Nismo. She Jukes left, she Jukes right, the handling is phenomenal. The Nismo trim really adds to the car. The rear spoiler, 18" rims, LED DRLs and skirting make the Juke look more aggressive and sporty. The interior looks awesome with the Nav and lights packages, but don't be fooled at the faux suede - it's only on the front seats. The rear passenger seats are cloth. Just don't get into a fender bender with a brand new Nissan, because parts are backordered for 5-6 months. Nissan consumer affairs doesn't assist their customers once the sale has been made."

Very Nice Vehicle!

By on Monday, March 03, 2014

Pros: "Great Gas mileage"

Cons: "Not spacious, no air vents in the back seats"

"If space is what you are looking for, don't bother. This car provides great gas mileage and great aesthetics. It's a hybrid between an SUV and a car, but really it has more feature of a car. It has satellite radio (but don't be fooled, it comes with an optional monthly subscription) and nice sound overall. I recommend this car to anyone interested in a mid-priced, sport-looking car :)"

squeaky

By on Tuesday, February 25, 2014

"I would give this car a 10 if the plastic dash didn't squeak where the windshield meets it."

NISMO is underrated by most online reviewers

By on Thursday, February 20, 2014

Pros: "Best small, AWD car for the money, by far"

Cons: "Rear interior lighting, lack sunroof, all seasons"

"The NISMO is underrated by most reviewers because their focus, in the end, is almost entirely performance oriented, meaning given that it doesn't do 0-60 in 6 seconds or under, or doesn't do as well as some sports cars in the g-ratings, other handling tests. (In fact the most ubiquitous review on Youtube, by two guys out in the desert running 0-60 times clock in at about 9 seconds, which is pure nonsense. Their clock has to be wrong because other reviewers correctly give time at about 7-7.3 seconds). Most reviews also subtract points because of the size of the back seat. In fact, NISMO is excellent car, good deal better than regular Juke, which I owned and traded in for the NISMO. As to Jukes generally, first, and foremost, it is meant to be small, for narrower streets in Europe, to keep weight down for gas mileage purposes, and to get the most out of a small in size engine. And the CVT is fine, especially for stop and go city traffic. Apparently, they sell very well in Europe. It is also meant, I believe, to be a fun commuter car, and practical - its limited length makes it much easier to find parking spaces on streets, and to get in and out of spaces in suburban mall shopping centers and underground garages with posts everywhere. I park in all those places and it works well for those situations, whereas people trying to park or "unpark" in larger cars often can't maneuver well and hold everyone up. As to the NISMO in particular, I have the AWD with CVT transmission. AWD system, as in regular all wheel drive Juke, is excellent. In a snow storm, in my prior Juke, I had no problem pushing a 3 series BMW up a commuter route slope to get it out of the way of a stream of rush hour traffic it was blocking. The suspension is more firm than regular Juke, and lowered a bit, but comfortable, and causes car to handle much better than regular Juke. I switched out the summer tires for performance all season tires which helped - it feels solid as a rock due to beefed up suspension and tires, it turns corners on a dime, and is also quieter than the 2011 Juke I traded in. Gas mileage appears to be about the same as prior Juke, despite slightly more powerful engine. Despite what other reviews say, the extra torque and horsepower make a noticeable difference, no doubt in part because they also reprogrammed other engine settings to get the most out of the engine. The LED daytime running lights are a plus - not just for the looks but because tests indicate it is safer to have some sort of fulltime lighting, because it makes cars more noticeable. Interior is also improved a good deal. The seats are quite good, though I thought the seats in my 2011 Juke were very good, and most plastics and cloth of higher quality and better looking. Car could use better interior lighting, though 3 lights on ceiling above driver are a good deal brighter than those in 2011 Juke. Would be very helpful to have light over backseat, but one can take care of that with LED batter powered motion-sensor light one can buy at any hardware store. I think car retails a little high, given it does not have, or even offer, a sunroof or heated seats for cloth seats. ,And it would make far more sense to allow buyers to get all season tires. The summer Continentals it comes with are at retail, very expensive, about $250 each, and car is not fast enough to warrant them. I put on Kumhos, $130 tire, and their great - handle as well as the summer Continentals, and more comfortable. If Nissan used a performance all season, would thus make lower price for the car feasible. With slightly lower suspension, exterior modifications, my wife does not call NISMO a clown car. She called the 2011 Juke a clown car. Re insurance, my collision went up about $60 a year. That's it, barely a dent in total premium. If you want performance, either get a NISMO RS soon to be released, or a 2015 WRX, also about to hit the market. But as a more than ample daily car, plenty of power, very good handling, good gas mileage(I get about 25-26 mph mostly city driving,) AWD and a relatively inexpensive price, NISMO is hard to beat. (2011 Juke was pretty reliable so I expect the same on this new car)"

Super fun car and a great value for the money

By on Monday, February 10, 2014

Pros: "Super fun to drive & very well equipped."

Cons: "No center arm rest & inadequate interior lighting"

"I've had my 2011 Juke SL for exactly 3 years and just hit 60,000 miles. It's been a great car and probably the most fun to drive out of the dozen or so vehicles I've owned in my driving lifetime. I'm very satisfied with it. I do have some suggestions for improvements: I wish it had a center console armrest and a dead pedal and I wish it was just a little bit bigger and the interior lighting is horribly inadequate. You can't see anything in the back seat at night (my wife loses her purse back there every time) and the rear cargo area also needs overhead lighting badly. I rated the quality a bit low because at 60,000 miles and barely 3 years old we found the exhaust system needs to be replaced already. The long exhaust pipe connected to the muffler and the muffler itself are all rotted and they broke apart from eachother so it sounds like I'm driving an old clunker. It's not covered under warranty and my dealer says I'm the first Juke owner they've seen with this issue and they had to order parts and can't tell me how long it'll take to get them. The new parts cost about $480 plus labor and will be covered for life once installed by my dealer which is good. I'm disappointed they used such a poor quality exhaust system on the Juke and I'm very embarrassed to be driving it right now because it's so loud. Anyway, I'll be getting it fixed and plan to keep the Juke for a few more years providing nothing major goes wrong."