• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2011 Nissan JUKE

8.3

Based on 156 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Excellent value, niche market

By on Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Pros: "Great value, performance, gadgets"

Cons: "Internals feel cheap, no larger engine option"

"I bought this car for a very specfic reason: I wanted to feel like I was driving a sports coupe without having to physically crawl into one (I'm a tall guy). Whle it meets that particular requirement for me, most people are going to want to be further on either end of the size/sportiness spectrum. It looks great, but that's subjective...the styling is very "love it or hate it", and I get more negative comments than positive ones. I don't care, I like it. It handles amazingly, especially considering its height. It's VERY light for it's physical size, and that's noticeable when you're driving. You rarely find this combination of bells and whistles (in the top tim) and performance for this price. To address some of the common complaints: No armrest...annoying, but not a deal breaker. Yes, the internal plastics (while looking good), feel cheap. The inside of the doors in particular give a little when pressed upon, and just remind you how plastic they are. Backseats are small, but no worse (in fact, better!) than most 2+2's for headroom. Leg room is a little worse, but that's dependent on how far the driver's seat is moved back."

Poor gas mileage

By on Monday, September 17, 2012

"Fun to drive; unique exterior design but gets lousy gas mileage. I expected better with a small car; I suppose because this has the conversion and the turbo engine iit isnt so goos on gas."

<3 My JUKE!

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pros: "CUTE, DIG Turbo, ICON, smooth, easy & fun to drive"

Cons: "small gas tank, headrest could be more adjustable"

"Perfect for what I was looking for in a car, small and sporty. Though this is still bigger than I thought I would get. I was initially looking for a 2 door smaller low to the ground coupe and ended up with this higher but not too high off the ground 4 door sport cross utility with DIG Turbo. It handles so easy. Love how different it looks than the other cars out there, hope this Euro style stays. It's so funny when heads turn. I like the center console because I can see everything I need to get to and it keeps clean. As a passenger I miss an armrest but not while I'm driving, I just don't notice. Also I was wondering why it doesn't come with power seats, maybe because it's sporty? But it would be nice to have and also a more adjustable headrest. I use all the ICON settings, living in SoCal The Eco setting is great for the freeways. Sport Boost is great for passing and just to go fast when you want. Overall I'm thrilled with my new JUKE."

2012 Juke SL CVT

By on Sunday, September 09, 2012

Pros: "Drives well, passes well, fun to drive"

Cons: "No armrest/center console, so so gas mileage"

"I like the Juke quite a bit. It is a stiffer ride compared to some vehicles but not really bad overall. It is a "sporty" type of ride and mini suv. My SL is loaded and the nav/bluetooth/back up camera is fantastic. The gas mileage is not as good as expected as I am averaging 27.30 mpg's. My driving is mostly highway and thats not even close to the 32 on the sticker. I measure every tank using the odometer and an external phone gas app. The turbo helps the car run and pass well but is not real fast on take off. This car does pass like a V8 when needed. Car requires super unleaded and while some are running regular, it will hurt performance and mpg's. Good solid car overall, ok mileage, I would buy it again."

I love my car =)

By on Friday, August 31, 2012

Pros: "cute, small, easy to drive"

Cons: "small gas tank, mpg is not that good"

"I've been wanting a juke ever since I heard Nissan was coming out with a car the size of a mini. I always wanted a small car and this car looked so cute when it came out even though a lot of people said it was ugly. I've owned this car for about a week now and enjoy driving it a lot. Sirius xm makes driving in traffic a lot less boring too. The only negative thing i have about this car is the gas. Even though I drive in Eco mode pretty much 95% of the time, the mgp i get is only 27. And because I drive in Eco mode to try to save more gas, accelerating take quite a bit of time and I noticed that more cars are passing me and cutting me off since I started driving a Juke. Also, the gas tank is pretty small, only about 11 gallons. So expect to visit the pump pretty much every week. Other than that, I really have no complain, its just such a cute car and I just love it!"

LOVE THIS CAR!!!

By on Friday, August 10, 2012

Pros: "Out of ordinary, eye-catching style & Turbo boost"

Cons: "The Name, small radio/Nav system"

"Had a jeep - great car, but gas mileage and inner city parking was a hazard. Wanted a smaller car with SUV capabilities - did not expect the eye catching style or the Turbo boost bonus. Driving is a pleasure again. Receives compliments daily. Will be one year old tomorrow. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! ..... definitely wishing for many more"

Not your run of the mill box

By on Sunday, July 22, 2012

Pros: "Sporty driver, nice upgrades available"

Cons: "Miss center console arm rest"

"I was looking for a small SUV when I found the JUKE. It has all the room my husband and I need with the fold down rear seats. It sits higher than a car so it is easy to get in and out of. I love the unconventional style of the vehicle and I opted for a black leather interior with red accents, it looks sharp. It is fun to drive in the sport mode and when the weather turns bad the awd mode is very nice. I like the navigation system and backup camera I got on my Juke."

Bye, Bye Juke

By on Sunday, July 22, 2012

Pros: "Interesting styling"

Cons: "Gas mileage, cramped, lack of storage"

"I've had my Juke for about 5 months -- the fully loaded SL version and just got rid of it. While the car is eye-catching and definitely unique from anything else on the road, that's pretty much where the positive ends. As others have mentioned, gas mileage is horrible, seats uncomfortable, zero storage on the inside and extremely cramped interior. While Nissan may be commended for thinking outside the box with this car, I think they focused on the wrong direction. The ICON system is gimicky and useless, the lack of center console irritating, and the design tiresome after a few weeks. Maybe in its next iteration the Juke will be great, but not now."

Too much fun to drive! Love it!

By on Sunday, June 24, 2012

Pros: "Great acceleration, fun to drive,"

Cons: "No center console storage"

"Just bought the juke. Traded in a gas guzzling 2011 jeep grand cherokee. Test drove it and had to have it. Love the sport and normal driving modes. Getting around 27 mpg, but I drive mine in normal mode most of the time. Consider this car a two seater with a bonus backseat. Plenty of room up front and a little tight in the back seat, but I was aware of the size when I bought it. Great to have the fold down backseat. The handling of this car is just what I expected from Nissan. Great! I am definetly sold on the juke!"

not the best car in the world

By on Wednesday, June 06, 2012

I don't own this car

Pros: "Handling, options, power, technology"

Cons: "Interior room, no armrest, no telescopic wheel"

"i test drove a juke sv because i likes the looks and specifications. but it doesnt live up to what i expected. power and handling was very good. but the interior room front and back were poor for someone 6'3 like me, and no telescopic steering wheel makes it worse. but other than that the options and technology were very good. but it doesnt add up to what the car is. personally i think its not the brightest car in the world but it is worth a test drive."

Simply an outstanding car.

By on Monday, June 04, 2012

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "No center armrest"

"Didn't I already say it's simply an outstanding car?"

Love the look and feel of this vehicle!

By on Monday, May 21, 2012

Pros: "Body style and engine performance"

Cons: "Center console could have a little more storage"

"I wanted one after seeing the commercial about a year and a half ago. Love the unique look of this vehicle. So when I needed to get a new car, I went directly to the Nissan dealership for a test drive. They had one 6-speed on the lot and I drove it and bought the SV that day. The gas mileage is a little lower than stated. I get about 26 mpg in town but I drive in normal mode not eco mode so I could probably get more if I wanted. Overall love this vehicle and have had people stop me to tell me how much they like my JUKE."

Like it a lot, different Nissan when lease is up.

By on Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Pros: "Front end styling, Jazzy headlights, Speed!"

Cons: "No power seats/arm rests in "fully loaded" model"

"I looked at this vehicle and bought it an hour later. I made a hasty decision. I wouldn't say it is one I regret terribly; however, I should have shopped around. I like how the car looks from the front end, but not a huge fan of the side profile or rear view... from the front it looks classy, sporty, expensive, the rear "cheapens" the overall appearance. I have gotten 23 city / 28 hwy. The interior of the vehicle could have a few more perks for the "fully loaded" SL edition I leased. I would like power seats, arm rests, more storage nooks, and a fancier looking dash. I enjoy the built in Rockford Fosgate subs; they have good sound and bass. I do not like that the speakers are in the front doors and cloth covered, worries me a little in regards to wear and tear. Over all this car is fun to drive, I kick it into turbo-sport mode most of the time; I like the sportiness of it. I do get a lot of looks while driving and I think it is a good thing; the car is unique. My local dealer does not stock many and it makes me wonder if that is because it is not popular enough to carry more or some other reason. I want people to like my car and I would like to inspire others to want one like it... but if they aren't available, I guess I won't see many more on the road. My dealer did not budge on the price even with $6000 down on the lease and the monthly payment is still quite hefty. The buy-out price at the end of the lease is decent; however at that time I think I will get something different... but, I will probably stick with Nissan. I enjoy leasing because I can always drive a "new" vehicle and have a warranty. Not worrying about repairs is priceless. My lease is based $28,000 after taxes, I think I could have gotten more for my money in another vehicle or manufacturer."

Love this car

By on Saturday, April 28, 2012

"Love the car it is little smaller"

Does NOT live up to our expectations!

By on Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Pros: "Looks, handling w/AWD is great on windy roads."

Cons: "Slow off the line, not so high tech, firm ride!"

"We bought in on the looks, but quickly found things we don't like, including: very slow off the like (scary slow!), large pillars and mirrors create BIG blind spots!, very noisy on the highway (esp. with wind), sun visor is not wide enough, ride is too firm in normal mode, electronic temperature is NOT remembered! (high tech?), gas mileage is NOT good, cup holders are not usable (if cup has a handle) We personally like a vehicle that *is* responsive! Our Cube is quicker off the line and more consistent! Nissan service says that's the way it's designed, nothing can or will be done. We are cancelling our extended warranty and looking to trade after *only* 4 months, likely taking a big loss! Younger folks may like it, we want more comfort and quiet!"

I LOVE THIS CAR

By on Sunday, April 15, 2012

Pros: "handling, icon system, CVT, spacious"

Cons: "trunk space, blind spots"

"Got the 2012 Nissan Juke SV FWD a few weeks ago and I love it. As a bigger guy 6'4'' 295 pounds I have the room I need. It handles like a dream and the ICON system is unreal."

MOST LOVED CAR!

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Great gas milage, all around impressed"

Cons: "limited space in hatch"

"It is def. more spacious than it looks. Gets around and handles really great. I love my car. I have been getting 29 mpg and have to drive all kinds of weather."

never gets rated gas mileage 32/gal averages 27

By on Friday, March 16, 2012

"Gas mileage is poor. Rated at 32/gal HWY best if every gets is 27 mpg."

People Please Do not get this car

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "DO not buy it. i am speaking frm my heart. Totaly"

Cons: "horrible : milleage, looks, space, and buy"

"i currently own this car. i loved at first two month. after that i experinced the real mistake that i made. Gas millage is horrible. space is horrible, no space in trunk. 1 cigaret lights input. no lights in glove compartment. they lied on the Fule capacity 10 gal max. most importantly the ride is very heart breaking the suspesion are so low that it picks up every ittle bump giving a very very low comfort. i will not reccomend this car to anyone. please do not get it. the biggest mistake i have ever made in my life is this getting this car. Most importantly this car has NO RESALE VALUE. so that im trying to trade in the car and i will be lossing 8000dollars in one year. Horrible horrible horrible car. Hate nissan for making this car."

Love it!

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, lots of upgrades, Eco driving option"

Cons: "No power seats"

"This car is awesome if you want to have fun and have all the luxuries of a bigger vehicle. I bought the SL AWD and it's loaded. It handles like a sports car, but will get you where you need to go in the snow. It was love at first sight and drive!"

Loved it at first sight, and still do.

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pros: "design, power, handling, comfort, electronics"

Cons: "need more inside lighting, lower than expected mpg"

"So far my driving has been in town. (stop and go). I dug into all the info I could find on several vehicles, as well as this powerful mite of a car called the JUKE. I couldn't resist the latter. There have not been many surprises so far. The turbo prefers premium gas, which I knew from the get-go, but have found that in normal mode it is a rather "thirsty" little car, more so than I expected. I plan to take it out to the highway in a couple of months and that should tell more on that score. Outside of that it's been a love affair."

Love the Car

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pros: "Great car to drive"

Cons: "no console storage"

"Fun to drive. Has the power of a v6 and gets 32 MPG highway/City combined"

great car .... terrible mileage

By on Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive and very peppy"

Cons: "very poor gas mileage"

"Like I said in the summary, the car is great but gets the worst gas mileage. It is rated at 25 city 30 hwy ... I have tried everything from driving like a 90 year old lady, windows closed, cruise on, and eco mode set and have never been able to get anything over 22-23 MPG."

Fun and peppy!

By on Saturday, January 28, 2012

Pros: "Unique design, fun to drive, powerful engine"

Cons: "Premium gas, mileage, iPod hookup placing"

"I love the design of the Juke! I own the SV AWD CVT. I enjoy the turbo, although it took some getting used to at first. When you accelerate, it's slow to respond initially, but watch out: in a second, you'll be flying!! At first, I was afraid it would get away from me, but after putting a few miles on it, I've figured it out. It is sporty and fun to drive, and it "shines" when driving on compact snow"

MY FIRST NISSAN!

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

"When I first saw the 2012 Nissan Juke SL in the dealer showroom it was love at first sight! This car has power, looks and incredible handling. Iv'e had it for two months now and am very pleased with my purchase. It could use a center console and armrest but otherwise everything else is perfect and I highly recommend the Nissan Juke!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Nissan JUKE near Honolulu. See local deals