2010 Nissan GT-R

9.5

Based on 39 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

9.7/10

The GTR is a bit ovverated by the fans.

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Reason: Overrated

Pros: "Awesome performance for cheaper money."

Cons: "Not so reliable, rough annoying ride,"

"Though the GTR is a bit overrated by the fans the only thing I can say that's tremendously great is the fact that the average joe can now enjoy performance near that of Porsche,Lambo, Viper, and Z06 etc. No matter how many times you hear that it's the fastest car on the planet, the sad reality is that it's not. Fans just say that for many reasons and though I have my own,I'll let you come up with your own theories on why they do this,lol. Anyway two things I never liked was the fact that they(Nissan Dealer) never let you test drive one before you buy, or rarely (That's to keep you from comparing it,lol) secondly nissan does NOT I repeat does NOT stand behind the transmission or more importantly the customer. Iowned a 2013 GTR, until last month, and I fought tooth and nail with Nissan, and it cost me over $20,000 USD in attorney fees to get nissan to buy back their GTR with the burned out Transmission and Launch Control. Now I have another battle brewing over being compensated for those attorney fees, so that I can pay back some of it to my dad and brother. Okay yes I attempted to race a gallardo, and a Porsche GT3 but got my rear handed to me, and ended up on the side of the track in Florida with a GTR that refused to move. Obviously many of you fellow GTR owners know that in order to run numbers closer to those cars or better,on the 1/4 mile, you need to engauge launch control. So why did Nissan put in the launch control??? especially when it burns out. I'm not here to discourage anyone on the GTR, or cause you to dislike it, I am here to bring about awareness to those who may have thoughts of forking over hard earned cash to a Nissan salesman for a product that on the long run may end up really disappointing you. I bought a Porsche (Unfortunately I had to go used) and am slowly modifying it and so far I'm really excited and happy with my investment. I think this one made me fall in love all over again. I recommend the GTR for the money, if you're not able to afford a McLaren, Porsche, Audi, Lambo, Ferrari etc. Good luck!"

WOW

By on Monday, March 03, 2014

Pros: "Performance, value, safety,fun,adrenaline pumping"

Cons: "Exepnsive for the average Joe"

"I own a 2014 Nissan GTR and all I can say is WOW, this is simply the best performance to value package on the market. Nothing comes close to the handling, acceleration and top end speed of this car. Everyone I've taken for rides in the car loves it, one of my friends even bought one for himself."

No competition @ this price

By on Tuesday, April 30, 2013

I want this car

Pros: "4 seats, twin Ts v6, under 120k, fast, fun"

Cons: "interior is improving, stiffer ride cuz of tires"

"this car is LITERALLY the only car you can buy and feel like you get a bang for your buck! this car holds its own value very well and does exactly what everyone says in performance reviews. I do not own one yet as they are still a bit out of my price range but I have done my research for sure. Ya everyone knows that you can buy a $1,000,000+ car like bughatti veyron or hennessey venom gt or others like that and they will beat this car in the long hull....but who wants to put $1mil as their daily driver or even weekly driver at that? At the top of the line (GTR Black Edition) you are hitting just over $110,000!!! that is 1/10 the cost of million dollar cars AND it PERFORMS like it was $1mill. Seriously if you do not believe me go look up reviews on youtube or go to nissan's website and just read the info on it. sure Nissan is not American made but very few supercars are. the corvette Z06 and ZR1 are the closest American cars that come to the same value...but even then I beg to differ. A twin turbo V6 vs a supercharged v8 Z06 will certainly suprise you who is the winner and by how much. This is one of the few cars that enthusiasts are raving about and actually has helped resale value. I read a review on here that said someone had an increase in value after they drove it off the lot (when is that ever heard of????) and everyone loves it! even the people who complain about the interior or ride comfort give it 9 or 10 and would recommend it 10 out of 10. MPG is great for a supercar if you really think about it and definitely a head turner for people who know supercars. The ignorant other drivers think it looks fast (which it is) but the real thrill seekers know exactly what this car can do and often want to just see it in person (that is the same with all supercars). You may have a hard time trying to do a test drive because they are so valuable but if you can afford it I would recommend getting one! For those of you who are crazy enough to see what a super car modified to be even more powerful is like check into this: "AMS ALPHA 12 GTR" (you will not be disappointed)"

Nissan GTR 2010

By on Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pros: "Performance, price, looks, AWD and much more"

Cons: "No auto headlights"

"What an absolute dream car. Super car performance at a fantastically low price (relatively speaking) Despite the massive horsepower and torque the AWD system keeps it planted firmly on the road. They hold their money too Its a dream come true."

Awesome Attention getting car

By on Thursday, November 22, 2012

Pros: "Speed, acceleration, power, attention, interior"

Cons: "The beeping noise when car goes in reverse."

"If you like to drive a car that people drool over than this is the car for you. It is comforting to know that you are driving one of the fastest and most powerful cars on the road. Every report I read about the GTR is true. The extra road noises and engine noises is all part of the mystique of this car. The interior cockpit is awesome with lots of gadgets and a great touch screen. The Super Silver is worth the extra cost and by far the best color in the GTR."

I love my 2012 GTR BE

By on Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Pros: "Car is a BEAST, handling is on point with Turbo S"

Cons: "Interior quality could be better."

"Best model yet... Much improved over the 2010 I had and once you stomped on the gas pedal, it's OVER!!!"

best car ever and amazing handaling

By on Monday, September 24, 2012

Pros: "very fun to drive on curvy roads."

"this car has amazing grip and acceleration and it provides this with a lot cheaper prices than most other super cars."

Great value for a sport car

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Pros: "Nothing better handeling for the price."

Cons: "Maintenance cost. Runflat tires too stiff"

"Fantastic handeling, super fast, great quality. Dont like runflats. Ride too hard even on "comfort" mode. Either change tires or make comfort mode softer."

had a 2010, traded up and bought a new 2013

By on Friday, April 13, 2012

Pros: "performance for the price point, relatively rare"

Cons: "Soft paint"

"Owned a 2010 for 18 months. No problems whatsoever.(Actually,Nissan's are very sturdy and durable-can you say the same about Lambo, Ferrari, Porsche, BMW?) Loved the car. Ordered and bought a new 2013 a few weeks ago. Just breaking it in. Noticeably faster, much smoother transmission, suspension is noticably better, stereo is much better, multifunction display is improved in many ways. The only complaint I have is the paint is very soft and prone to chipping with minor impacts,(same problem with my sons Nissan Altima as well. I love the styling. It's a personal taste of course. Supercars don't have to apoligize for their looks. They are what they are. This car is purpose built for speed and performance on the track. If you want a more a softer, smoother ride go pay the extra 100K. If you don't want all the electonic aides and all wheel drive, well fine, don't buy this car. If your driving for the pleasure of it, go ahead and buy a manual, shift your brains out especially in traffic, improve your driving skills with something "less safe". Don't diss this car for what it is. If your driving for money, however, you'll want all the advantages you can get to win. It's inevitable that in the not too distant future, all high perfomance cars will gravitate to this kind of technology. Preferring the same old technology is like preferring an old style record over a spinning CD for playing music. Heck, even a CD is obsolte with the various new solid state flash drive music devices. Go buy an old record player if you want worse performance but like the ambience. Buy an ipod like device if you want superior sound, better durability and easier to use. It's inevitable. Corvettes are great, just too common for me."

Very fast, but uncomfortable

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive and fast"

Cons: "Uncomfortable ride, not a luxury marque, expensive"

"Very fast car, fun to drive. But repairs are very expensive, and there is lots of road noise. Also, it can get very bumpy at times. Also, I would feel a bit better if it was a luxury brand, some people get it confused with the 370Z which is really annoying."

The Beast!

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

Pros: "Beyond fun"

Cons: "A bit bumpy"

"What else can one say, an ultimate street racer that will not bankrupt you. This car has unreal performance, and is a pure joy to drive."

Super car for the price

By on Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pros: "great price, great performance"

Cons: "squeaky breaks, but so did my ferrari"

"I have owned Ferrari's and Porsche's, this car has awesome performance, proving you do not have to pay astronomical prices to beat the world's best. This car puts a smile on your face every time you drive it."

Will buy again!

By on Monday, October 31, 2011

Reason: needed a bigger, safer car for kids.

Pros: "exhilirating and just pure fun"

Cons: "too many people want to race you"

"Simply the BEST car I have owned. I needed to switch to a little bigger and safer car, so went with a benz. However, now that 2012 came out, I am about to buy it again. There is not another car that even comes close to the power and stability for this price range. It is the fastest stock car for its price too."

Scary fast

By on Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pros: "superb performance; all the speed you need: head turner"

Cons: "Noisy rear end / squeeky brakes, low front end"

"Excellent vehicle, unbeatable performance for the money"

a good one

By on Sunday, September 04, 2011

I don't own this car

Pros: "drives well"

Cons: "not very comfortable inside"

"drives well in different conditions, but i've seen more comfortable cars and the interior design is not as great as the exterior one."

A yardstick for sports cars

By on Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I want this car

Pros: "4 seater"

Cons: "Cant get another transmission if it ever breaks"

NISSAN 2011 GTR

"The GTR with all new 3.6 twin turbo engine is the best sports car i have driven that has a reasonable asking price for promise of adrenaline rush. The launch controlled twin turbo boosted engine throws you back to the seat when you accelerate. The graphics on the on-brord SAT NAV is degined by the same comany that does Sony Play Station."

My video

NISSAN 2011 GTR

Top Gear review.

KING OF THE HILL

By on Monday, November 29, 2010

"I've owend alot of high preformance cars from BMW, Porsche, Vipers, Vettes and AMG. The GT-R goes to the top of the list. Excellent quality and always exciting to drive. Car is bullet proof. I also like the fact that it is rare, as its' production is controlled. I am looking forward to the 2012 Mdls."

By on Monday, August 30, 2010

best car ever

By on Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"I love it after 23,000 miles I had no problems, I love it and I will put another 23,000 more miles, beware that this is not a cheap car to have, the oil change for the transmision, differential was $1,600.00 at 18,000 miles. but I enjoy this car so much that really doesn't matter."

Hard to beat for the price

By on Thursday, July 29, 2010

"Driven for 11000 miles so far. Excellent reliability. early models (2009) can update to current TCM which is program to control rpm limit on launching to protect the transmission from potential wear. This works fine and still allows for 0-60 time of 3.3 seconds. Also has ignition switch technical bulletin to change this part due to failure of part that causes key to be not recognized. I never had trouble. OK to daily drive and I get 20 to 22 mpg in mixed driving all the time using auto transmission but I am easy on the gas. Others report 16+ mpg with aggressive driving in manual mode. Comfort is best on smooth roads and is firm but OK, more stiff than most sports cars due to 20" runflats. I have lowering springs and kept stock shocks and doing very well, better comfort and better handling. Easy to upgrade midpipe for more midrange rpm power and easy to add Cobb Access port for ECU MAP upgrade but it can void warranty so decide for yourself. Easy to get dyno up to 500+ HP with minor upgrades. Maintenance about $150 per oil change every 3000-6000 miles but trans and diff oil change at 18000 miles can be over $1000+. Reg cost of new runflats every 12000-14000 miles is about $1500. Brakes are about $5000 but not until 30000 miles. Rear seats are usable but small with tight headroom. Front seats comfortable and firm. Bose audio is adequate and better with added sound deadening in rear seat and trunk areas."

By on Monday, July 19, 2010

"This is a true supercar in terms of performance. Truely amazing for the price. Plus my wife can drive it comfortably to the store in automatic mode. In fact I use this as my daily commuter. I get over 20 MPG and it's comfortable and reliable. Fit and finish is excellent. I was shocked at the expensive cost of tire alignment. They have to take off under body panels. I suggest you have the dealer check the alignment before you buy. I only got 6k miles on my front tires that were on the car when I purchasd it new. Seats are nice but perhaps a little narrow."

By on Tuesday, July 06, 2010

best bang for the buck period

By on Friday, April 09, 2010

"excellent car, had it over a year, easily can be driven as a daily driver, maint. costs are way below any exotic or porsche, can even fit two kids in the rear seats, you will get alot of attention (not from women but from guys) definitely a guys car, stiff suspension but after a week, you wont even notice it..and its not that bad as descibed by some car reviews...hey its a super sports car not a lexus. and its resale value is awesome unlike a porsche turbo that loses 40k in its first year"

By on Saturday, November 21, 2009

No Papparazi

By on Friday, September 25, 2009

"The performance is mind-boggling, hard to explain. It is everything they promised and more. People ride in it the 1st time and when you stomp on it, their jaw drops. The worst part is people driving next to you with camera phones snapping pictures as they weave all over the road."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Nissan GT-R near Honolulu. See local deals