• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2014 Nissan Frontier King Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,042 - $21,553.

10/7.2

Based on 144 Ratings for the 2005 - 2014 models.

Too Early to Give Reliability Review

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "Power,MPG,Towing,Rack&Pinion,4W Disk,Roomy,"

Cons: "So Far None"

"@ 3500 Mile's it is way too early to give a Value, Reliability, or Quality Review, but so far so good. Previously owned a '93 Nissan KK, AT, 2WD, 4cyl. Bought it New,, Kept for 20 year's, & 176K Mile's. It was a really good Truck, and nothing major wrong with Truck, when I sold it. Engine was still Smooth, Quiet, and AT,, was still good with no problem's. Paid 11K $'s,, and sold it for 4K $'s. So don't let anybody tell you that a Nissan doesn't hold it's Value, as long as you take good care of it,, with Floor Mat's, Seat Cover's, & Engine Maintenance. They Pay Good Money for a Truck that is Taken Good Care of. Nobody Want's a Ragged Out Raw Hided Truck with hole's in the Seat. Which is mostly why, I went with a New Nissan Truck Again in 2013. Although Money Talk's,, and Nissan Beat's the Heck out of Toyota and the Othern's on Price and Value. Nissan V6's come standard with a Transmission Cooler,, but a Toyota V6 doesn't. That's a Big $ item too. So far my 2013 SVV6 AT 2WD KC Frontier is doing well,, with no problem's. Engine is quiet,, but a new engine should be, anyway. MPG - I'm getting right @ 21 MPG with mixed driveing,, which is about what I was getting with the '93 AT 2WD 4Cyl KC. Same Driveing over same route, same Station/same Pump, And that's Amazing to me. :) So far so good, but I'll know more in about 10 year's."

Worst vehicle ever

By on Friday, July 04, 2014

Pros: "Gets 19 miles to gallon"

Cons: "Cramped driving, no leg room, thin paint on body"

"I bought a new Nissan Frontier ,in Riviera Beach Fl. about one year ago, have 22K miles, at 4000 miles went to rotate tires did passenger side first then drivers side second rear lug spun, Service said you touched we're not responsible, Nissan Motor Corp. said they don't have factory defects, they wouldn't fix either. at 6000, miles stereo speakers went out, service said nothing wrong with speakers would not replace, 15000 miles drivers side rear half inch bolt reduced to 3/8 inch thread holding leaf spring to shackle broke, I had a Samsung refrigerator in truck bed, leaf spring failed then passenger side failed, resulting in my paying $660. to reshape leaf springs and add helper spring to correctly fix sprung leaf springs, Service rep said I must have over loaded truck, A Refrigerator? Really. Then last week 6/28/014 battery was dead and had to replace, of course Dealer still wouldn't stand behind factory warranty, It Had a Warranty?"

nice truck

By on Friday, May 30, 2014

Pros: "very reliable and nice"

Cons: "nothing"

"its a good truck"

Decent truck but probably never buy Nissan again.

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pros: "Standard is fun to drive, v6 has power!"

Cons: "Nissan's attitude towards their customers"

"This was an emergency purchase in 2010 (son's car died and I gave him my old one). I'd been looking around for about a year and, despite being an unhappy Nissan auto owner in the distant past, I identified the Nissan Frontier as my next purchase. It had 20k miles on it so I purchased the extended warranty. I'm glad I did because the warranty paid for itself within the first year! Rear axle seal (passenger side) kept blowing out and ruining the e-brake pads (which they refuse to replace under warranty). This happened twice while I was on the factory warranty. I also had to have tie rods replaced and the fuel pump and sensors replaced. I drive this truck about 800 miles a month and most of that is on the highway, I don't off-road or anything. Every Nissan I've ever owned has had some sort of major flaw which has really killed the brand for me."

GREAT TRUCK!

By on Saturday, May 24, 2014

Pros: "Local driving 17 MPG."

"My wife and I bought this truck and we are very happy with it. We bought the SV with the V-6 engine. It was equipped with the value package which includes a lot of accessories. This truck is very fast and powerful. It is much better than others in its class. We would recommend this truck."

No on 2006 4-cyl motors

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "nice looking"

Cons: "uncomfotable seats,engine ticks are normal"

"At $25000 miles my 4cylinde started ticking Mostly when accelerating slow.I took it to dealer and for $100 I was told there was a memorandum on this motor the ticking does not affect the motor.I would like to sell it but who is going to spend over 10,000 for a nice looking truck that ticks"

Comfort & Convenience All in One

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "Solid Ride & Interior"

Cons: "NONE"

"The Frontier appealed to me more than the others in its class. The vehicle felt more powerful and the handling is great. It is very quiet riding down the highway. The interior looks very good and the body style is better than most. The 4WD suspension stands up high which makes the truck look very appealing. The four speed automatic transmission shifts very smooth which adds to the overall performance. The truck comes with a full sized spare tire on a regular steel wheel. This vehicle fits in a standard sized garage."

Excellent Ride

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

Pros: "Appearence, Style and Overall Performance"

Cons: "NONE"

"We were quite surprised how well this vehicle handles and performs on the road. Nissan put a really nice package together called the value package for the SV model. It comes with many of the accessories that were not part of any package in the past. It includes trailer towing package, SIRIUS XM, Sonar System and Back-Up Camera, Spray-in Bed-liner, and much more. I do miss the power seats and lumbar but it’s not that big of a deal. When I compared all the specifications to the Toyota Tacoma I think you are getting a lot more truck for the money. The chassis is a complete box channel frame compared to the Tacoma’s C channel frame. The Frontier also comes with front and rear disc brakes as a standard feature. I drove both and I think the Frontier is much better than the Tacoma. My truck is equipped with the V-6, Automatic Transmission and this truck is very fast and powerful. If you are looking for a all around good truck I would strongly recommend this truck."

Sporty Truck

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "Dependability & Performance"

Cons: "NONE"

"We have the 2014 Frontier SV with the V6 Auto. So far this vehicle has been a pleasure to drive. We road tested many others in its class but they could not compare."

Best value of mid-sized 4x4 trucks.

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "Best price; Equipped; Rides and runs great;"

Cons: "Getting in driver's seat a little cramped"

"I have had absolutely no problems with this truck. I would be hard pressed to buy a Colorado or Tacoma as both are several thousand dollars more and don't deliver as much for the money. The Frontier has all of the amenities and all of the toughness and reliability I want in a truck."

This is an Excellent Truck!

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "Handling and Performance"

Cons: "Manual Seat Adjustments"

"This is an excellent truck with plenty of get up and go. I bought the new 2014 SV Truck Value Package 4WD with the V-6 engine. The ride is great and the truck is very fast and responsive on the road. The radio and back-up camera with the sonar system are great new features. The 5-Speed Automatic Transmission shifts flawlessly. The fit and trim is excellent. The only thing I would pick on is the manual seat opposed to the power seat."

GOOD LOOKING LIL TRUCK

By on Friday, March 07, 2014

Pros: "Great value Looks very Stylish and Sexy Grille"

Cons: "4cyl is lacking power"

"Great truck I bought used in 2010 from dealer only 200 orig miles owner apparently passed away and truck was returned to dealer. I paid $12,999 plus $1100 extra for 10/100,000 warranty. The vehicle has been a wonderful ad to my family! It has stylish good looks and have had no major mechanical issues or fails. Still looks brand new just put new Goodyear tires on and it rides so smooth like a luxury sedan. The only issue is the lack of engine power on the 4cyl need to downshift for freeway passing power. I plan on keeping the truck for a very long time however when that time comes for a replacement I will get a new Frontier with a V6. Great Truck !!!!"

Great pick up for job or family use

By on Sunday, March 02, 2014

Pros: "great price and great to drive"

Cons: "needs a little maintenance"

"Great pick up truck for work or play asking 11500-12000 for it. Needs a little maintenance but overall great. You can fit 4 inside with comfort. Cab has the hidden hinges for easy access to the back seats."

Best truck I have ever owned!

By on Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Pros: "Off road, MPG, power and reliability!"

Cons: "NONE!"

"I bought the 2012 pro 4x brand new. I have owned 08 07 and 04 other makes trucks but have found this truck has everything I have ever wanted. I have 6 speed manual transmission. I have taken this truck hunting in the mountains through some of the harshest roads(or should I say goat trails) imaginable. My GPS told me to take a road to get to my hunting spot as the closest path. Needless to say, I found my way on to a goat path about 5' wide and steep cliff on the side. It took me about 3 hours to go 7 miles but was astonished my truck made it as well as with me in it. By the time I realized that my GPS was wrong, I could not turn around and made the decision to not back up because I had gone so far already. I just kept telling myself it was only going to get better, but only got worse. The stock pro 4x got me out and can now share my story. I have never been that scared in a vehicle ever. And I live in Idaho. This truck gives me 19 MPG in town and couldn't ask for a more reliable truck. I push the limits during hunting season and this truck allows me to make it back. I agree with Nissan stating this truck is superb in the off road department. Best truck and I will never get rid of it."

So far so good

By on Saturday, February 01, 2014

Pros: "Power, comfort, conveniences, decent fuel mileage"

Cons: "crazy bright odometer and 4x4 indicator lights"

"I bought this truck used. It drives nice. Power for towing a small boat is excellent and my actual calculated fuel mileage is better than expected. Right now around is an average of 18.4 and I often get 21-22 on the freeway. I get over 20 mpg on the freeway towing my boat at 65-70 mph."

This truck is great, i have the king cab nismo.

By on Thursday, January 23, 2014

Pros: "fun, powerful, will last a long time"

Cons: "none so far"

"truck has got lots of snappy power and super fun to go run around in the woods. my check engine light does keep coming on, but i have been told as long as its not blinking its nothing serious. Also a down side is its a short bed so makes taking dirt bikes out."

Priced Cheap Built Cheap

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Very affordably priced"

Cons: "Nissan is disinterested once the purchase is made"

"After 40K miles, lots of squeks, rattles, road noise is really loud, harsh ride, worst sound system I've heard since the old days of the AM only mono radios. Probably the most dissatisfying part of the experience is dealing with Nissan's "customer care" department. Had an issue with a heater fan and waited for over three weeks for a replacement part... for a new vehicle. Absolutely unacceptable. My purchase came down between this Frontier and a Tacoma. Made the wrong choice on this one."

Nissan. Quality is dropping

By on Monday, January 20, 2014

Pros: "Appearance"

Cons: "Overall. Quality is low"

"Problems with paint, washer bottle, blend door motor, fuel gauge, and door handles."

Great truck with a few minor issues

By on Thursday, December 26, 2013

Pros: "Tough truck, good handling"

Cons: "Spark plug change at 100K"

"I have owned this truck since 40K miles where I bought it used from a dealer. It has been totally reliable for me. I changed the plugs at 100K myself (recommended) and it was a bear with extensions and universal swivels but the dealer wanted 350 dollars to do it and wanted to remove the intake but it is doable without that, with a little effort. The only issue now is the fuel guage not working right, It's a common issue but i use to odometer because to fix, the fuel tank must be dropped. After 50 miles or so the guage becomes accurate again. This is a very well built truck and fun to drive with the 6 speed stick. I average 20 around town and 23 on long trips. I plan to keep it till it wears out which might be a very long time!"

Average 4x4, fuel use ok, noisy in side.

By on Sunday, December 08, 2013

Pros: "Good high way truck."

Cons: "Poor off road truck."

"Purchased used with 20,000 miles. Transmission Failed after 75,000 miles due to radiator leaking water in to the transmission. Gasket filed in engine causing low oil pressure issues. Timing chain replaced but noise did not abate. $9000.00 in repairs."

great truck

By on Thursday, November 28, 2013

Pros: "a six cylinder with all the power I needed."

Cons: "check engine light was always coming on"

"I cut wood for fun and it would haul a cord of wood with a trailer and go the speed limit both ways. It could go where the wood was with no problems. A drunk hit me a week ago and totaled the truck, after they cut me out I was able to walk away. Now I'm looking to buy another one just like it but not having much luck."

Nice truck

By on Thursday, November 28, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, good power, good gas mileage"

Cons: "None yet"

"I really like this truck...6 cyl....SV model...lots of pep and fairly good mileage....20 city 23 highway....handles really well...I down sized from and F-150 crew cab...I'm older now and feel more in control of this truck the Nissan...the F-150 was huge and was nice...but i started having judgement issues because of it's size...depth persception...anyhow....the Frontier is really nice...i would recommend it..."

Tough truck for off road construction

By on Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pros: "designed and built to be tough, good value"

Cons: "none for me."

"This is a tough truck for working in a tough environment. I take it off road, up and down steep hills, over rock in cold, slushy conditions, hot, dry dusty conditions, and it just keeps on going. Other than putting large, deep tread tires and skid plates on for my construction job, I have not had any problems. I recommend this truck without reservation."

great economical truck

By on Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pros: "great economical truck"

Cons: "king cab is not large enough for kids"

"The 2008 Nissan Frontier SE Truck is economical and is quick to pick up speed. I have owned this truck for 3 years and have never had to have any major work done, just usual maintenance of the vehicle. It runs like a champ, and will carry a full load in the bed with no drag. The only con I can think of is the King cab is just not big enough for kids. Even though it has jump seats, there is still not enough room for kids. Also, if a car seat has to be installed for a baby or toddler, then the front seat is not usable because it has to be pushed forward so far to allow for room of the carseat in the back. Other than that, the truck is awesome!"

Solid Truck

By on Sunday, May 26, 2013

Pros: "Solidframe,tuned power,reliability,roominess,value"

Cons: "WOT restrction,no Aux input,alarm,lowish clearance"

"I've had this truck for 3 years and 35000 miles so far and is has been very reliable. No problems through the entire ownership so far other than a clicking through the steering column that the dealer is fixing under warranty. The truck feels solid and well-constructed, the doors are heavy and the frame is stiff. The bedliner is useful and durable. The price for a SE V6 4X4 with the value truck package was about 27,000 but I paid 21,300. Great value. The gas mileage is about 17 in my suburban/city driving. The V6 felt weak and would lag when I pressed the gas and it would rev high but not deliver. It felt like a 4 cylinder. Did some research and discovered that Nissan puts a Wide Open Throttle restriction on the engine which apparently cuts power by 33 percent. I bought a superchips tuner $300 and removed the restriction and it is night and day difference. The engine is very powerful and has great grunt and the lag is gone. Before the tuner, I almost sold the truck for a Ram because the V6 power was so abysmal. So the power is now excellent, the lag is gone (especially with overdrive turned off) and I still get about 17 mpg. The stock tires hhydroplaned often, so I bought Firestone Destination A/T and they are excellent. Great treadwear. Ground clearance seemed much lower than my last Tacoma, and I got stuck in deep snow often because the body hangs low. I lifted the truck two inches and it makes a huge difference. The truck didnt come with anything to hook up my iPod to, so I installed a kenwood navigation system which is great. Stock speakers when adjusted correctly are actually excellent. My only complaint is no alarm system or immobilizer came on the vehicle. It was added a year later to the value truck package. I'll add an immobilizer, alarm, and remote start combo soon. THe truck's looks are excellent, especially with the chrome bumper. The steering is very well weighted and speed sensitive. Brakes could be a lot better, they wern't bad for a while, but at 35000 miles, they might need new pads. Also, nissan extended the transmission and radiator warranty to about 8 years, 80000 miles due to some frontiers having cross contamination of fluids. Ill watch out for this. Overall, I am extremely satisfied with this truck. I had a 2009 tacoma and a 2010 Jeep wrangler Compareed to these two, the frontier is excellent. It feels a lot more solid than the tacoma and it has substantially more headroom and kneeroom and the headrests are not as obtrusive. And it is cheaper than comparably equipped tacomas and nissan seems more willing to negotiate. The tacoma was a good truck, high clearance and fast, but the Frontier is the better match for me-especially after the superchips tuner and the 2 inch lift kit. Additionally, this Frontier is very safe, according to the insurance institute of highway safety."