• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2013 Nissan Frontier King Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,116 - $17,645.

10/7.3

Based on 143 Ratings for the 2005 - 2014 models.

4 cylinder engine is doing great

By on Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Pros: "4 cylinder fuel economy, ride, truck capability"

Cons: "4 cylinder is a bit loud"

"2012 Frontier SV 2.5L 4 cylinder - More than enough power for the daily commute (80 miles) and lets me drive 490+ miles per tank at 65 mph. Hauls 1,000 pounds in the bed without a problem. 154 horses isn't much but the 170+ foot pounds of torque more than make up for it. The V6 is much faster and quieter but just does not achieve the fuel mileage in town or on the highway as does the L4. Ride and handling are great. Not a fan of 4 cylinder motors but this one will do just fine for light to medium truck duty."

Good Reliable Truck

By on Friday, December 30, 2011

Pros: "Great Drivetrain, Comfortable ride"

"Handles well and has plenty of power. The only problem I've ever had was a blown axle seal ($300 fix). Paint on plastic body parts does not hold up well to adverse conditions (road salt, sun)"

Excellent Ride

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

Pros: "Appearence, Style and Overall Performance"

Cons: "NONE"

"We were quite surprised how well this vehicle handles and performs on the road. Nissan put a really nice package together called the value package for the SV model. It comes with many of the accessories that were not part of any package in the past. It includes trailer towing package, SIRIUS XM, Sonar System and Back-Up Camera, Spray-in Bed-liner, and much more. I do miss the power seats and lumbar but it’s not that big of a deal. When I compared all the specifications to the Toyota Tacoma I think you are getting a lot more truck for the money. The chassis is a complete box channel frame compared to the Tacoma’s C channel frame. The Frontier also comes with front and rear disc brakes as a standard feature. I drove both and I think the Frontier is much better than the Tacoma. My truck is equipped with the V-6, Automatic Transmission and this truck is very fast and powerful. If you are looking for a all around good truck I would strongly recommend this truck."

Repeat Buyer

By on Friday, July 06, 2012

Pros: "Runs strong and smooth, looks great, great deal."

Cons: "Wish better MPG, bigger king cab seating in back."

The ladies always call it "a pretty truck". I haven't made up my mind if that's a good thing or not.

"I was so satisfied with my 97 Nissan truck, that I didn't even look at any other trucks when it came time to up-grade to a new (at the time) 6 cylinder 2007 model. I already knew what I wanted, and was very happy with the looks at first sight. The comfortable seating, higher suspension, and larger tires felt like I was in a full size truck. The six speed and 4 doors was an unexpected plus. The low maintenance, reliability, strong power and smooth ride every time I drive and haul things gives me confidence to just enjoy the quiet ride. I know I will enjoy it for years to come and will get many miles out of it just like my last Nissan truck (230K miles) and still running strong. Though I do wish I had gotten more options, better gas milage, and had more room for passenger seating in the back. (Maybe a crew cab)."

This is an Excellent Truck!

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "Handling and Performance"

Cons: "Manual Seat Adjustments"

"This is an excellent truck with plenty of get up and go. I bought the new 2014 SV Truck Value Package 4WD with the V-6 engine. The ride is great and the truck is very fast and responsive on the road. The radio and back-up camera with the sonar system are great new features. The 5-Speed Automatic Transmission shifts flawlessly. The fit and trim is excellent. The only thing I would pick on is the manual seat opposed to the power seat."

See if you qualify for