2010 Nissan Frontier King Cab

Based on 162 Ratings for the 2005 - 2016 models.

Best truck I have ever owned!

By on Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Pros: "Off road, MPG, power and reliability!"

Cons: "NONE!"

"I bought the 2012 pro 4x brand new. I have owned 08 07 and 04 other makes trucks but have found this truck has everything I have ever wanted. I have 6 speed manual transmission. I have taken this truck hunting in the mountains through some of the harshest roads(or should I say goat trails) imaginable. My GPS told me to take a road to get to my hunting spot as the closest path. Needless to say, I found my way on to a goat path about 5' wide and steep cliff on the side. It took me about 3 hours to go 7 miles but was astonished my truck made it as well as with me in it. By the time I realized that my GPS was wrong, I could not turn around and made the decision to not back up because I had gone so far already. I just kept telling myself it was only going to get better, but only got worse. The stock pro 4x got me out and can now share my story. I have never been that scared in a vehicle ever. And I live in Idaho. This truck gives me 19 MPG in town and couldn't ask for a more reliable truck. I push the limits during hunting season and this truck allows me to make it back. I agree with Nissan stating this truck is superb in the off road department. Best truck and I will never get rid of it."

Good value for features and performance.

By on Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Pros: "good value for features and performance."

"Good in snow. Tow a 17' boat with this truck. About 2500 pounds without any issues. A bit sluggish towing at highway speeds when on inclines. You can expect 17-18 mpg in town and about 12 while towing. My Pro-x has all the bells and whistles-leather, sun roof, heated seats, locking differntial, enging brake. Have driven for about 18 months with no mechanical issues. I drove a Jeep Grand Cherokee prior to my Nissan purchase that had mechanical issues all the time."

excellent truck

By on Thursday, December 1, 2011

"I have it for 6 years and its great truck, good on miles"

PRO-4X 4X4 AT

By on Tuesday, May 3, 2011

"I bought this vehicle brand new and have driven it for 11 months. I can't find anything wrong with the truck. With the 4.0L V6 it is powerful, and with the AT plus locking rear differential it can 4X4. Vehicle selection was not too good at the dealer but I live on a small island. I specifically wanted the AT and king cab so the PRO-4X was the only selection. I can't complain about the truck but I wanted a Tacoma and the Toyota dealership was out of stock. I believe the Frontier to be of great quality and dependable."

By on Saturday, April 10, 2010

By on Tuesday, March 16, 2010

great mid-size!

By on Wednesday, February 10, 2010

"i've owned for roughly one year now, put about 15,000 miles on it and i love it! lots of power, capable of pulling my boat with ease, very smooth ride, 4wd works amazing. i average about 16.5mpg in the city and 19.5 on the highway which isnt bad for a 265hp v6. had to have u-joint fixed but it was under warranty, was just a faulty part, nothing major. i would take this truck over anything else in its class"

By on Sunday, July 29, 2007

"what a great truck for such a low price, i'm glad i didn't buy a colorado for the same price, or a tacoma for thousands more"

Great vehicle for what it is.

By on Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Pros: "Great price, comfortable, smooth ride"

Cons: "It has an obtuse turn radius on it."

"I love this truck, its super simple yet has a nice appeal to it. Had never had any problems with it. I drive back and forth between Texas and Georgia 2-3 times a year and never had a problem. The only thing I don't care so much for is how basic it is. There is no usb input or bluetooth. Also, can't forget the part about no cruise control, that's what I despise the most about it. Other than that I have no problems with it."

great truck, very reliable. some cheap plastics in

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2014

"Currently 102000 miles, not one problem. Truck has original brakes! Nissan quality. Only dislike is the use of hard, cheap plastics inside. But for $26000, I will take it. I have owned 2 frontiers and would not hesitate to buy a third."

Disappointing truck. Poor MPG.

By on Saturday, November 29, 2014

Pros: "Nice looking truck, Reasonably priced"

Cons: "Poor quality and Poor MPG"

"I had always wanted one of these pickups. They were the perfect size pickup for me, I liked the looks of it, and it was reasonably priced, so I purchased one used with 30,000 miles with a clean carfax. Here is what I have noticed in 2 years of just city/highway driving: Mileage is only 13-15 MPG, Very noisy cabin, lots of squeaks and rattles, Cabin vibrates excessively at idle, Factory brakes squeal, Paint chips very easily, paint is also cracking on roof, Constantly having to replace items that come loose underneath, such as exhaust parts, heat shield, etc. No Major problems, so far, but I don't have a lot of confidence in this truck, as it has left me stranded on a couple of occasions because of starting problems."

Reliable, good milage, low maintance, comfortable

By on Thursday, February 19, 2015

"It has been a very dependable truck which has been great for hauling and camping. A smooth ride with excellent air conditioning and heat. 9 years with only regular maintaince other than replacing the brakes and clutch. The one flaw is that the paint has oxidized patches. I would recommend this truck to others."

Very reliable vehicle. Added a lot of extras.

By on Saturday, October 25, 2014

Pros: "Fun and easy to drive."

Cons: "Driver seat could go back further for tall drivers"

Sporty little truck with tinted windows on cab and canopy. Fun to drive.

"Nice sporty looking truck. Handles very well and runs great. Doesn't use a drop of oil. Tinted windows on truck and matching high rise canopy. Whole vehicle alarm system including canopy. Locking tailgate for added security. Great after market 4 speaker stereo. Cruise. Bug deflector. K & N air filter. Almost entirely highway miles. Corbeau racing seat on driver's side gives ample room and comfort for tallest drivers. Factory bed liner. Deer whistles."

Sporty little truck with tinted windows on cab and canopy. Fun to drive.

Too Early to Give Reliability Review

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "Power,MPG,Towing,Rack&Pinion,4W Disk,Roomy,"

Cons: "So Far None"

"@ 3500 Mile's it is way too early to give a Value, Reliability, or Quality Review, but so far so good. Previously owned a '93 Nissan KK, AT, 2WD, 4cyl. Bought it New,, Kept for 20 year's, & 176K Mile's. It was a really good Truck, and nothing major wrong with Truck, when I sold it. Engine was still Smooth, Quiet, and AT,, was still good with no problem's. Paid 11K $'s,, and sold it for 4K $'s. So don't let anybody tell you that a Nissan doesn't hold it's Value, as long as you take good care of it,, with Floor Mat's, Seat Cover's, & Engine Maintenance. They Pay Good Money for a Truck that is Taken Good Care of. Nobody Want's a Ragged Out Raw Hided Truck with hole's in the Seat. Which is mostly why, I went with a New Nissan Truck Again in 2013. Although Money Talk's,, and Nissan Beat's the Heck out of Toyota and the Othern's on Price and Value. Nissan V6's come standard with a Transmission Cooler,, but a Toyota V6 doesn't. That's a Big $ item too. So far my 2013 SVV6 AT 2WD KC Frontier is doing well,, with no problem's. Engine is quiet,, but a new engine should be, anyway. MPG - I'm getting right @ 21 MPG with mixed driveing,, which is about what I was getting with the '93 AT 2WD 4Cyl KC. Same Driveing over same route, same Station/same Pump, And that's Amazing to me. :) So far so good, but I'll know more in about 10 year's."

So far so good

By on Saturday, February 1, 2014

Pros: "Power, comfort, conveniences, decent fuel mileage"

Cons: "crazy bright odometer and 4x4 indicator lights"

"I bought this truck used. It drives nice. Power for towing a small boat is excellent and my actual calculated fuel mileage is better than expected. Right now around is an average of 18.4 and I often get 21-22 on the freeway. I get over 20 mpg on the freeway towing my boat at 65-70 mph."

Very good truck

By on Thursday, January 31, 2013

"I have owned this Frontier since new. It has proven very reliable, with the exception of the electronics. I have had problems with the fuel sensor on numerous occasions, replacing it twice. It will soon be replaced for the third time. Have had trouble with the tire pressure monitors also. The truck likes gas, but it delivers outstanding performance. The engine is a real powerhouse. Have never had trouble getting around in snow as the easy to use 4WD system is excellent. I recommend this truck."

Good truck

By on Monday, March 3, 2008

"My lease is almost up and I think I'm going to buy it. It's very reliable, great performance and milage averages about 21. I've used it off-road many times in deep mud and all the time on the beach surf fishing. I like it and I'm keeping it."

Not Bad

By on Thursday, February 26, 2015

Pros: "good power, good price, 4x4, handles well"

Cons: "transmission"

"Good truck, 4x4 has done very well off road and in the snow/slush/sleet/ice untreated roads/etc. Has good power. Only true drawback is the transmission: Its shift points are a little weird and it has lag when shifting into reverse. Essentially you shift and then it thinks about it for a few seconds and then drops into gear with a significant thump. I've heard this complaint about the 2010 Frontier before, and it doesn't seem to impact reliability, it's just annoying. Also, going down the road it behaves at highway speed but can be a little slow to shift through the lower gears under acceleration. Interior is nice with plenty of space, dash and instrument cluster are well designed and functional. Overall I like the truck (aside from that silly transmission)."

Excellent truck for the money

By on Saturday, August 29, 2015

Pros: "Good for long rides & great acceleration"

Cons: "Turning radius & somewhat bland interior"

"This is my second Frontier,(my first was a 2004)and love the power & acceleration the V6 provides.The seats are surprisingly comfortable especially for long rides. Another surprise is you can carry a conversation doing 65 mph without raising your voice. The only disappointments are the turning radius which is tight and a better job could have been done with the interior appointments.If you like changing your oil, it takes some getting used to although not as difficult as the 2004 and reading your transmission fluid is also awkward. Otherwise the truck feels solid and Nissan reliability shouldn't be a problem."

Great truck, nice power, good rule economy

By on Friday, May 6, 2016

Pros: "Great value for the money. Lots of umpf."

Cons: "Transmission doesn't like cold weather."

"I have had this truck for a little over a year and use it for towing a boat, hauling stuff for the house, and commuting back and forth to work. Fuel economy is good for a truck with a 4L V6and I get 20-21mpg on my daily commute back and forth to work. I have gotten as high as 23.5 on straight hwy driving. Towing my boat I get a little better that 17mpg. It has plenty of pick up and go. So far I have only had to do regular oil changes. The OEM tires are holding up quit well and I think I will get about 40K miles out of them. The only con I have is in cold weather the transmission doesn't like to shift into a higher gear until the truck warms up. The nice grunt it has in warmer water goes away and I run about 2X the rpm. On hilly roads where it stays in high gear and running about 1100rpm in the summer the truck runs at 2000rpm which really lowers the fuel economy. Overall very good truck. The 4L V6 gets much better mileage than my old B2300 which only had a 4 cylinder in it. Still loving it after a year!"

Worst vehicle ever

By on Friday, July 4, 2014

Pros: "Gets 19 miles to gallon"

Cons: "Cramped driving, no leg room, thin paint on body"

"I bought a new Nissan Frontier ,in Riviera Beach Fl. about one year ago, have 22K miles, at 4000 miles went to rotate tires did passenger side first then drivers side second rear lug spun, Service said you touched we're not responsible, Nissan Motor Corp. said they don't have factory defects, they wouldn't fix either. at 6000, miles stereo speakers went out, service said nothing wrong with speakers would not replace, 15000 miles drivers side rear half inch bolt reduced to 3/8 inch thread holding leaf spring to shackle broke, I had a Samsung refrigerator in truck bed, leaf spring failed then passenger side failed, resulting in my paying $660. to reshape leaf springs and add helper spring to correctly fix sprung leaf springs, Service rep said I must have over loaded truck, A Refrigerator? Really. Then last week 6/28/014 battery was dead and had to replace, of course Dealer still wouldn't stand behind factory warranty, It Had a Warranty?"

Loud, runs rough,

By on Monday, October 12, 2015

Cons: "Runs rough, severe vibration at idle in gear."

"Loud, runs rough, at idle severe vibration in drive. Wanders back and forth on the road fatiguing to drive."

Still Early, But So Far, So Good

By on Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Pros: "Power, Comfort, Handleing, Radio, MPG, Quiet."

Cons: "None really but Maybe Look's Too Good. :-)"

"This is my 2nd Nissan Truck. 1st one '93 4cyl KC AT 2WD, After 20 year's, replaced with this 2013 6cyl KC AT 2WD. Both Truck's bought New. The '93 was still running good when I sold it. After 20 year's, I just wanted a New Truck. The 2013 is Very Tight and Quiet. The Steering is starting to limber up. I prefer the steering to be too tight than too loose, so that's a positive. This is my only vehicle, so MPG is important, and I'm glad to report after over 20 Fillup's, My truck is averageing 20.6 MPG. My driveing is mixed with Traffic Light's, 2 lane 55mph and Interstate 65mph. If taken care of, these Nissan Truck's hold their Value Good. According to KBB, the '13 is still worth about what I paid for it. The '93, I paid 10K for it out the door; 20 year's later & 176K mile's, it brought 4K cash. That's OK in my book. I also gave the Tacoma a shot, but in the end, I just got more for less money with the Nissan Truck. I took care of the '93 and it paid me back with good service and resale. It's still early on the '13, but I intend to do my part, takeing care of it, and so far, I can report, so good. One thing that I can say about the '13, is that the 4.0 V6 has impressive power, and the 2WD, get's decent MPG, if driven modestly, and it doesn't look Half Bad either. A word of advice; If you want your Truck to last, don't go looking for the nearest Mud Hole that you can find, if you want your Truck to Last. All that marketing showing Truck's in the Mud, Pulling Stump's out of the Ground, and Climbing Bolder's is just Marketing Hype for Sucker's that will wind up with a Wore Out, Broken Down Truck, way before it's time, no matter what Brand you Get."

Great truck

By on Friday, February 6, 2015

Pros: "Very reliable, comfortable truck"

Cons: "Minor dents, and scratches, which I may repair"

"Very reliable truck"

So Far, Love This Truck

By on Thursday, December 11, 2014

Pros: "Power, Handleing, Hauling and Pulling Ability."

Cons: "Really, I can't think of any."

"For the Record,, I test drove them all, Silverado, Ford S150, Toyota Tacoma/Tundra, Ram 1500, and again, I Chose Nissan for the most Truck for the Buck. So far, I'm really glad that I got another Nissan Truck. This Truck take's the curve's better than the '93 I4 AT KC Nissan Truck, that I had for 20 year's, and replaced it with a New '13 SVV6 AT KC Nissan Truck. I've had the '13 now for about 1 1/2 year's. So far,, I like everything about this Truck. The V6 has a lot of Horse Power. When I first got the '13,, I was getting about 19.5 MPG, in mixed driving. Seem's like after the Ring's seated at about 2000 mile's, the MPG went up to about 20.5, in Mixed driveing. The '13 is getting about the same MPG,, as I was getting with the '93 4 cyl. in mixed driveing. I'm real pleased. I'm also pleased with the way the Truck look's as well. Nissan did a very good job on Styling. I'm retired,, and only have about 3900 mile's on the '13, so I just can't say about durability yet. But I can say,, according to KBB, the '13,, is holding it's value really good,, and is still worth more than I paid for the Truck. Good Luck with whichever Truck that you get."