• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2010 Nissan Frontier King Cab

Based on 150 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

So Far, Love This Truck

By on Thursday, December 11, 2014

Pros: "Power, Handleing, Hauling and Pulling Ability."

Cons: "Really, I can't think of any."

"For the Record,, I test drove them all, Silverado, Ford S150, Toyota Tacoma/Tundra, Ram 1500, and again, I Chose Nissan for the most Truck for the Buck. So far, I'm really glad that I got another Nissan Truck. This Truck take's the curve's better than the '93 I4 AT KC Nissan Truck, that I had for 20 year's, and replaced it with a New '13 SVV6 AT KC Nissan Truck. I've had the '13 now for about 1 1/2 year's. So far,, I like everything about this Truck. The V6 has a lot of Horse Power. When I first got the '13,, I was getting about 19.5 MPG, in mixed driving. Seem's like after the Ring's seated at about 2000 mile's, the MPG went up to about 20.5, in Mixed driveing. The '13 is getting about the same MPG,, as I was getting with the '93 4 cyl. in mixed driveing. I'm real pleased. I'm also pleased with the way the Truck look's as well. Nissan did a very good job on Styling. I'm retired,, and only have about 3900 mile's on the '13, so I just can't say about durability yet. But I can say,, according to KBB, the '13,, is holding it's value really good,, and is still worth more than I paid for the Truck. Good Luck with whichever Truck that you get."

Disappointing truck. Poor MPG.

By on Saturday, November 29, 2014

Pros: "Nice looking truck, Reasonably priced"

Cons: "Poor quality and Poor MPG"

"I had always wanted one of these pickups. They were the perfect size pickup for me, I liked the looks of it, and it was reasonably priced, so I purchased one used with 30,000 miles with a clean carfax. Here is what I have noticed in 2 years of just city/highway driving: Mileage is only 13-15 MPG, Very noisy cabin, lots of squeaks and rattles, Cabin vibrates excessively at idle, Factory brakes squeal, Paint chips very easily, paint is also cracking on roof, Constantly having to replace items that come loose underneath, such as exhaust parts, heat shield, etc. No Major problems, so far, but I don't have a lot of confidence in this truck, as it has left me stranded on a couple of occasions because of starting problems."

great truck for something that's not a full-size

By on Friday, November 21, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, sporty feel, quick and powerful"

Cons: "not a full-size truck"

"this truck has served me very well over the past 10 years. i have towed and hauled large loads and trailers that you would only expect a full-size truck to handle. the inside is small for a person who is slightly larger than average. maintenance has been very affordable on this truck. i have used mobil 1 full synthetic motor oil since the day i bought the truck and changed it every 5,000 miles. good quality tires could be found for less than $150 each. i had to replace the cam sensors at 160,000 miles, and the driver's window motor (that i rolled up and down every single day, and every single time that i drove the truck) and regulator at 165,000. the only issues that i had with this truck that upset me was more with the nissan design and quality. the catalytic converters went bad at 90,000 miles. i had purchased an extended warranty on the truck when i bought it brand new and nissan would not cover this part because the manufacturer only covered it until 80,000 miles. after arguing with nissan about it i ended up paying $1,600 for the parts and replaced them myself for what the dealer was going to charge me $2,800 to do. the transmission had to be replaced at 140,000 miles for a problem nissan was aware of but would only cover under a recall if it was done with less than 100,000 miles. i ended up having to pay for a new transmission and a modification to have an external trans cooler and replace the faulty radiator that leaks coolant into the transmission side. unfortunately nissan was aware of this problem and would not issue a complete recall to replace the radiator, only extended the factory warranty coverage for it. i still drive this truck about 100 miles everyday. i plan to get rid of it for a full-size truck and will not go with nissan after the issues i had with known problems that i had to pay thousands of dollars to fix. however, i am still very satisfied with how this truck has held up and the work it has done that many people including the dealer said it cannot do because of its size. i towed a 12 foot box trailer fully loaded across the country (new york to texas) 2 days without issue and had to tow a full-size truck on a flatbed trailer for a friend."

Very reliable vehicle. Added a lot of extras.

By on Saturday, October 25, 2014

Pros: "Fun and easy to drive."

Cons: "Driver seat could go back further for tall drivers"

Sporty little truck with tinted windows on cab and canopy. Fun to drive.

"Nice sporty looking truck. Handles very well and runs great. Doesn't use a drop of oil. Tinted windows on truck and matching high rise canopy. Whole vehicle alarm system including canopy. Locking tailgate for added security. Great after market 4 speaker stereo. Cruise. Bug deflector. K & N air filter. Almost entirely highway miles. Corbeau racing seat on driver's side gives ample room and comfort for tallest drivers. Factory bed liner. Deer whistles."

Sporty little truck with tinted windows on cab and canopy. Fun to drive.

Great vehicle for what it is.

By on Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Pros: "Great price, comfortable, smooth ride"

Cons: "It has an obtuse turn radius on it."

"I love this truck, its super simple yet has a nice appeal to it. Had never had any problems with it. I drive back and forth between Texas and Georgia 2-3 times a year and never had a problem. The only thing I don't care so much for is how basic it is. There is no usb input or bluetooth. Also, can't forget the part about no cruise control, that's what I despise the most about it. Other than that I have no problems with it."

great truck, very reliable. some cheap plastics in

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2014

"Currently 102000 miles, not one problem. Truck has original brakes! Nissan quality. Only dislike is the use of hard, cheap plastics inside. But for $26000, I will take it. I have owned 2 frontiers and would not hesitate to buy a third."

Too Early to Give Reliability Review

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "Power,MPG,Towing,Rack&Pinion,4W Disk,Roomy,"

Cons: "So Far None"

"@ 3500 Mile's it is way too early to give a Value, Reliability, or Quality Review, but so far so good. Previously owned a '93 Nissan KK, AT, 2WD, 4cyl. Bought it New,, Kept for 20 year's, & 176K Mile's. It was a really good Truck, and nothing major wrong with Truck, when I sold it. Engine was still Smooth, Quiet, and AT,, was still good with no problem's. Paid 11K $'s,, and sold it for 4K $'s. So don't let anybody tell you that a Nissan doesn't hold it's Value, as long as you take good care of it,, with Floor Mat's, Seat Cover's, & Engine Maintenance. They Pay Good Money for a Truck that is Taken Good Care of. Nobody Want's a Ragged Out Raw Hided Truck with hole's in the Seat. Which is mostly why, I went with a New Nissan Truck Again in 2013. Although Money Talk's,, and Nissan Beat's the Heck out of Toyota and the Othern's on Price and Value. Nissan V6's come standard with a Transmission Cooler,, but a Toyota V6 doesn't. That's a Big $ item too. So far my 2013 SVV6 AT 2WD KC Frontier is doing well,, with no problem's. Engine is quiet,, but a new engine should be, anyway. MPG - I'm getting right @ 21 MPG with mixed driveing,, which is about what I was getting with the '93 AT 2WD 4Cyl KC. Same Driveing over same route, same Station/same Pump, And that's Amazing to me. :) So far so good, but I'll know more in about 10 year's."

Worst vehicle ever

By on Friday, July 04, 2014

Pros: "Gets 19 miles to gallon"

Cons: "Cramped driving, no leg room, thin paint on body"

"I bought a new Nissan Frontier ,in Riviera Beach Fl. about one year ago, have 22K miles, at 4000 miles went to rotate tires did passenger side first then drivers side second rear lug spun, Service said you touched we're not responsible, Nissan Motor Corp. said they don't have factory defects, they wouldn't fix either. at 6000, miles stereo speakers went out, service said nothing wrong with speakers would not replace, 15000 miles drivers side rear half inch bolt reduced to 3/8 inch thread holding leaf spring to shackle broke, I had a Samsung refrigerator in truck bed, leaf spring failed then passenger side failed, resulting in my paying $660. to reshape leaf springs and add helper spring to correctly fix sprung leaf springs, Service rep said I must have over loaded truck, A Refrigerator? Really. Then last week 6/28/014 battery was dead and had to replace, of course Dealer still wouldn't stand behind factory warranty, It Had a Warranty?"

nice truck

By on Friday, May 30, 2014

Pros: "very reliable and nice"

Cons: "nothing"

"its a good truck"

Decent truck but probably never buy Nissan again.

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pros: "Standard is fun to drive, v6 has power!"

Cons: "Nissan's attitude towards their customers"

"This was an emergency purchase in 2010 (son's car died and I gave him my old one). I'd been looking around for about a year and, despite being an unhappy Nissan auto owner in the distant past, I identified the Nissan Frontier as my next purchase. It had 20k miles on it so I purchased the extended warranty. I'm glad I did because the warranty paid for itself within the first year! Rear axle seal (passenger side) kept blowing out and ruining the e-brake pads (which they refuse to replace under warranty). This happened twice while I was on the factory warranty. I also had to have tie rods replaced and the fuel pump and sensors replaced. I drive this truck about 800 miles a month and most of that is on the highway, I don't off-road or anything. Every Nissan I've ever owned has had some sort of major flaw which has really killed the brand for me."