• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2010 Nissan Frontier King Cab

Based on 156 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

Not Bad

By on Thursday, February 26, 2015

Pros: "good power, good price, 4x4, handles well"

Cons: "transmission"

"Good truck, 4x4 has done very well off road and in the snow/slush/sleet/ice untreated roads/etc. Has good power. Only true drawback is the transmission: Its shift points are a little weird and it has lag when shifting into reverse. Essentially you shift and then it thinks about it for a few seconds and then drops into gear with a significant thump. I've heard this complaint about the 2010 Frontier before, and it doesn't seem to impact reliability, it's just annoying. Also, going down the road it behaves at highway speed but can be a little slow to shift through the lower gears under acceleration. Interior is nice with plenty of space, dash and instrument cluster are well designed and functional. Overall I like the truck (aside from that silly transmission)."

Solid performer, rugged, reliable, value for your$

By on Friday, February 20, 2015

Pros: "Reliable, Sporty, decent gas mileage, versatile."

Cons: "Heavy, tires are expensive. But thats just me."

"I bought this truck used with 20,000 miles on it and has never stranded me anywhere. Very reliable and worth every penny of the $17,500 I paid for it. The version is a Nismo which compared to standard trucks of this make has a few extras that I like such as Bilstein shocks, rear locking differential, alloy wheels, bottom skid plates, (the metal could've been made with higher gauge steel as it's a little thin but probably wanted to make the GVW lighter which is understandable). The truck is sporty, has aluminum wheels and look good with the original OE tires BF Goodrich Rugged Trails with the white lettering out. Plenty of room for your stuff in the rear of the cab and even comes stock with a first aid kit and tie down strap storage box. The stock audio is only 4 speaker (2 6X9's in the front doors and 2 6.5" in the rear doors) it has dash speaker slots for tweeters on driver and passenger sides for a component speaker system but isn't stock. Surprisingly the stock speakers are 2 ohm and sound fair, made by Blaupunkt. I replaced mine with Alpines and a Pioneer DVD double Din. Tires are expensive when they wear out about $550 a whack at one time but thats the BF Goodrich that is OE. The worst thing that happened is I started hearing a whine from the engine and did some research online and found out this year and others has a timing chain tensioner issue where the material that the timing chain rides against gets worn down and starts to whine, they say it doesn't affect the performance of the engine it's just an annoying noise and it is. The dealer covered all the costs to replace the timing chain and tensioners but took all day. They told me the new parts have proved to stand the abuse of the timing chain and it wont happen again as they are using different material now. FYI they also told me had I had to pay for the job it would've cost me in the neighborhood of $5G's wow! Motor has plenty of power 4.0L V6 and has a good powerband at about 40 MPH it takes off. 6 years later I have 76K on the truck which i get is low for an 07 but I only drive 3 miles 1 way to work. The seats are comfortable with lumbar support on the driver seat and passenger seat has a folding back to make room for oddball shaped cargo or your German Sheperd as I do. Recently I have had several offers for it but I like it too much to 86 it just yet or maybe never. If you want a solid truck that is reliable and looks sporty but dont want to fork out the cheddar for the Toyota (Get this..as I said I paid $17,500 for the 07 Nismo in January of 09 with 20,000K on it and there was a 94 Toyota Tacoma with 68,000K on it and they were asking $18,300) WOW! no brainer for me and the gold YUK paint was oxidized, seats were torn and very worn..whatever. The Nismo looked and smelled new still. Nutshell, Great Truck!!!"

Reliable, good milage, low maintance, comfortable

By on Thursday, February 19, 2015

"It has been a very dependable truck which has been great for hauling and camping. A smooth ride with excellent air conditioning and heat. 9 years with only regular maintaince other than replacing the brakes and clutch. The one flaw is that the paint has oxidized patches. I would recommend this truck to others."

Great truck

By on Friday, February 06, 2015

Pros: "Very reliable, comfortable truck"

Cons: "Minor dents, and scratches, which I may repair"

"Very reliable truck"

this is a well built and reliable truck

By on Saturday, January 03, 2015

"I like the Nissan Frontier. I wish I had picked the crew cab and automatic trans instead of the 6-speed, king cab; too much shifting, especially in town. Rear flip up seats are too small for anyone over 3-4 years old and they have to be in car seats anyway. Also, the four wheel drive doesn't always disengage like it should. I sometimes have to stop and back up before it will disengage."

good truck-hard to turn/park

By on Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Pros: "looks good,decent fuel mpg for a truck"

Cons: "wide turn for a small width truck"

"Nissan won't do recall on known problems with their vehicles,instead they give you a limited extended warranty.I would have given higher ratings for reliability and overall rating if Nissan did the right thing and had recalls for known problems/defects."

So Far, Love This Truck

By on Thursday, December 11, 2014

Pros: "Power, Handleing, Hauling and Pulling Ability."

Cons: "Really, I can't think of any."

"For the Record,, I test drove them all, Silverado, Ford S150, Toyota Tacoma/Tundra, Ram 1500, and again, I Chose Nissan for the most Truck for the Buck. So far, I'm really glad that I got another Nissan Truck. This Truck take's the curve's better than the '93 I4 AT KC Nissan Truck, that I had for 20 year's, and replaced it with a New '13 SVV6 AT KC Nissan Truck. I've had the '13 now for about 1 1/2 year's. So far,, I like everything about this Truck. The V6 has a lot of Horse Power. When I first got the '13,, I was getting about 19.5 MPG, in mixed driving. Seem's like after the Ring's seated at about 2000 mile's, the MPG went up to about 20.5, in Mixed driveing. The '13 is getting about the same MPG,, as I was getting with the '93 4 cyl. in mixed driveing. I'm real pleased. I'm also pleased with the way the Truck look's as well. Nissan did a very good job on Styling. I'm retired,, and only have about 3900 mile's on the '13, so I just can't say about durability yet. But I can say,, according to KBB, the '13,, is holding it's value really good,, and is still worth more than I paid for the Truck. Good Luck with whichever Truck that you get."

Disappointing truck. Poor MPG.

By on Saturday, November 29, 2014

Pros: "Nice looking truck, Reasonably priced"

Cons: "Poor quality and Poor MPG"

"I had always wanted one of these pickups. They were the perfect size pickup for me, I liked the looks of it, and it was reasonably priced, so I purchased one used with 30,000 miles with a clean carfax. Here is what I have noticed in 2 years of just city/highway driving: Mileage is only 13-15 MPG, Very noisy cabin, lots of squeaks and rattles, Cabin vibrates excessively at idle, Factory brakes squeal, Paint chips very easily, paint is also cracking on roof, Constantly having to replace items that come loose underneath, such as exhaust parts, heat shield, etc. No Major problems, so far, but I don't have a lot of confidence in this truck, as it has left me stranded on a couple of occasions because of starting problems."

great truck for something that's not a full-size

By on Friday, November 21, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, sporty feel, quick and powerful"

Cons: "not a full-size truck"

"this truck has served me very well over the past 10 years. i have towed and hauled large loads and trailers that you would only expect a full-size truck to handle. the inside is small for a person who is slightly larger than average. maintenance has been very affordable on this truck. i have used mobil 1 full synthetic motor oil since the day i bought the truck and changed it every 5,000 miles. good quality tires could be found for less than $150 each. i had to replace the cam sensors at 160,000 miles, and the driver's window motor (that i rolled up and down every single day, and every single time that i drove the truck) and regulator at 165,000. the only issues that i had with this truck that upset me was more with the nissan design and quality. the catalytic converters went bad at 90,000 miles. i had purchased an extended warranty on the truck when i bought it brand new and nissan would not cover this part because the manufacturer only covered it until 80,000 miles. after arguing with nissan about it i ended up paying $1,600 for the parts and replaced them myself for what the dealer was going to charge me $2,800 to do. the transmission had to be replaced at 140,000 miles for a problem nissan was aware of but would only cover under a recall if it was done with less than 100,000 miles. i ended up having to pay for a new transmission and a modification to have an external trans cooler and replace the faulty radiator that leaks coolant into the transmission side. unfortunately nissan was aware of this problem and would not issue a complete recall to replace the radiator, only extended the factory warranty coverage for it. i still drive this truck about 100 miles everyday. i plan to get rid of it for a full-size truck and will not go with nissan after the issues i had with known problems that i had to pay thousands of dollars to fix. however, i am still very satisfied with how this truck has held up and the work it has done that many people including the dealer said it cannot do because of its size. i towed a 12 foot box trailer fully loaded across the country (new york to texas) 2 days without issue and had to tow a full-size truck on a flatbed trailer for a friend."

Very reliable vehicle. Added a lot of extras.

By on Saturday, October 25, 2014

Pros: "Fun and easy to drive."

Cons: "Driver seat could go back further for tall drivers"

Sporty little truck with tinted windows on cab and canopy. Fun to drive.

"Nice sporty looking truck. Handles very well and runs great. Doesn't use a drop of oil. Tinted windows on truck and matching high rise canopy. Whole vehicle alarm system including canopy. Locking tailgate for added security. Great after market 4 speaker stereo. Cruise. Bug deflector. K & N air filter. Almost entirely highway miles. Corbeau racing seat on driver's side gives ample room and comfort for tallest drivers. Factory bed liner. Deer whistles."

Sporty little truck with tinted windows on cab and canopy. Fun to drive.